average

average: normal, typical, boilerplate, common, commonplace, customary, dime a dozen, everyday, fair, fair to midling, familiar, garden-variety, general, humdrum, mainstream, mediocre, medium, middle of the road, midling, moderate, ordinary, regular, run of the mill, standard, usual...

how 'bout fair for smaller...and midling for average?? ... fair thru midling penis sizes grin.gif

AVERAGE? I find the use of the word with respect to a fellow human being or any part thereof pretty AVERAGE actually. In fact I think its almost bordering on offensive?I think most of us strive during our lives to be anything but AVERAGE both in appearance and the way we conduct ourselves. At least that's the way I try to see every one I come in contact with and to be told you have an AVERAGE dick? Well I just think that SUCKS. Cute, Regular and Upsized ? maybe , but not Small, Average or Big. Come on guys we can do better, lets show a bit of flare after all everyones watching and we don't want this site to be called AVERAGE now do we?

JSA. I hope i haven't started something I can't finish? LOL

Well, we could go down the route of all advertising and give ourselves labels like "Fun Size" or "Share Size". But I always think that's confusing matters. We have (from various sources) an average length and a standard deviation. So everything below it is small and everything above it is large. And if anybody asks me what size my cock is, I tell them it's small.

I may be small, I may be sweet, but baby, I know how to move my feet!

Don't hit me...

I dont't care for the term "average". You need the std deviation along with it or doesn't tell you much. You could have one foot in boiling water and the other in freezing and the average would say you are comfortable. NOT!

And, if average in good, why isn't getting all C's in school a good thing.

just my two cents

In reality we're not talking about "average" at all. We're really talking about "median" or the "median +/- 1 standard deviation." The median is the measurement associated with the middle sample, the one that's larger than 1/2 the samples and smaller than the other 1/2 of the samples. That's quite different from the average (sometimes called the arithmetic mean) which is calculated by adding up the measurements from all the samples and dividing that sum by the number of samples.

My strong suspician is that the true average erect dick size is probably a larger number than the median because I think those smaller than the median tend to cluster closer to the median than those over the median where I think the lengths are more spread out. But I may be wrong; I haven't looked that up. smile.gif

I, for one, would be quite happy to have a median size dick.

Alan G

I think I understand what blackrob is saying and I feel like I know where he is coming from.

Using the word 'average' here on the site, as we do so much, is appropriate for the message we are attempting to convey to people, BUT...

-I have an average lawn probably means you have a shitty lawn.

-I have an average TV probably means you have an ok TV.

-I have an average guitar probably means it plays ok music.

-I have an average baseball probably means it plays pretty decent baseball.

-Average meal=almost shabby

-Average tree=nothing special

Having an average sized penis DOES sound a bit more toward the "bottom of the barrel" even though what we know is average IS a decent place to be.

I think what blackrob is trying to say is that average doesn't have a very good "ring" to it. I can't say that I disagree with him.

The word 'average' just seems to be the one that fits for the moment.

Suggestions welcome.

tongue.gif

I tend to agree that I don't like the word average. I think that most of us would like to think that we are above average in most aspects of our life because that somehow sets you apart from most of the population. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be above average in your profession, etc. I think that most of men would like to be above average in the dick area but we have to settle for average there but can be above average in other parts of our lives. I don't like the word average either.

Hehee! I am actually rather enjoying this thread, because I also don't like the word average. I am way above average in height and weight, with a Samoan reputation for strength and aggression, so on me an "average penis" looks pretty unimpressive, but that is what I've got. I remember when I was in HS there was this guy who was good at making people feel good about their penis size by using the word "healthy" when you had a perfectly normal looking dick, even if it was on the short end (and in Hawaii, with so many asian and polynesian guys in the showers, short end was absolutely "healthy and normal"). So I like "normal and healthy" to describe my penis, but the one that made me laugh out loud was "grande" for medium and "tall" for "small!" Now I will look at Starbucks folks with a new light...

Aloha

Ioane

Frankly, I hate the word.

Try being in company with less than 1% of the adult male population (equivalent to a twelve year old in size) and you will see average very differently.

Average is a long, long way away.

I hear you!

Yeah, but when I think "healthy", I think "doesn't have any strange growths".

Personally, I don't think size is a problem if you're between 4 and 8. At less than 4, some vaginal nerves won't get it. (CAVEAT: All women are different. I've actually met a woman who claims she isn't fully stimulated unless the penis is very large. Others are just fine with a three-incher.) At 8 or above, the "up to the hilt" feeling starts to hurt her. (CAVEAT: Again, all women are different. I've met some who couldn't even handle six inches, and I occasionally meet one who can handle all of me.)

Now, with anal sex, particularly gay anal sex, things are different. I'm not into anal, and I'm definitely not a bottom, but I'd assume the penis has to be long enough to reach the prostate. But anal can involve pain too; in fact, you're likely to tear the lining of the anus anyway.

I'm comfortable with average. Not sure the term "modest" will get me more respect, but it does sound slightly better. It'd be nice if it didn't have to be defined at all, but people seem to need labels for everything.

well i consider mysefl the average of average ..at 6x5.25 im in no way above the population...neither really thick nor long..many would be satisfied but personally being average is pretty discouraging..nonone wants to just be part of the norm..they want to impress..not be boring and unexciting..it may even be unattractive..noone goes for the norm