Just a Thought

My beef with MR is that it takes you WAY too long to actually check every single category. Why don't we sum these categories up some?

I was thinking we need to combine ALL of the Main Forums into one page that can hold up to anywhere from 50 to 100 posts per page. Second, I think that Photo's, This Site Is Member Supported, and Club SOS could be combined into one page called Club SOS with 50 to 100 posts per page as well. MR University can be one page with 50 to 100 posts per page. And last but not least, Off Topic can be one page with 50 to 100 posts per page. I find it time consuming to only read ten posts per page, so why not 50 to 100? You can also go ahead and trash Link Sausage and Extra Stuff.

By doing this, the MR forums layout would look like this...

Main Forum (not plural)

Club SOS

MR University

Off Topic

With each title, you could add the features in parenthesis. For an example...

Club SOS (Features Photo's, Member Support, and Rules, Regs., & Info)

Also, and this isn't important, but why not set up ALL of the posts with the same back-drop as the MR Bathhouse? The black background with the red post boxes are much more interesting & easier to read than the sky blue background!

To me, this system would improve time that it takes to view each post. We could just read a HUGE message board with all of the topics we enjoy and not spend all of our precious time finding out which, out of the many categories, to place our posts. I mean seriously, why are there so many categories???

You have ONLY 4 links to choose from with this new system. I don't care if this topic isn't in the correct category... that is the whole point of this topic! As a matter of fact, if anyone moves this post to a new location, then they are nothing but control freaks! Of course we will never know who moved the post, but they will know who they are! lol

You guys are always talking about being minorities, but you put every topic into a minority section of the website... hypocrites maybe? lol

Seriously though... why do we have to categorize every post on this website? Seems to me that the average person would be more comfortable reading 4 post selections as apposed to 29 of them. Besides, not everyone checks all 29 of these posts. This way, EVERY post will be seen...

Anyone agree with the new system idea or are all of you set in your ways of the dreadful 29 selection?

Just a thought.

What?

I read this several times & I am confused. I see one point, you want less forums, but not sure what you mean as to why or who or what, when, where, if or how!

You can easily check all new posts from the 'Main Index', link above, scrolling down & clicking on New post is 'Past 24 hours', 'Past 48 hours' & 'Past 7 days'. This will display all posts for that period. I added that link to my Bookmarks & just click & hey presto, I have all the latest posts, no matter which forum they are in. This service is only available to SOS Members.