Effect of pubic hair on visible size

Apologies first - this is my first new post, and as a newbie I don't know if this has been covered before.

But... in the last year I've started shaving my pubic hair, not totally but really short, and I think it's made a big difference to how I look flaccid and erect. No longer is it hiding behind a bush! Has anyone else had the same experience? To trim, or not to trim, that is the question!

Wotcha smallishuk.

This topic has been covered before but worry not, we don't mind repition here. If you wander over to the Bathouse you should find a thread about it.

In answer to your question I trim and shave my balls. It does make things look bigger and there are other reasons a well. I'm circumsised and long pubic hairs can get caught between my glans and whats left of my foreskin. Very uncomfortable.

I prefer it when others trim as well, there is nothing more irritating then plucking pubic hair from between your teeth!

Oh, and Welcome grin.gif

I have been trimming and shaving mine for over a decade now. I like how it looks and feels. I have some old Polaroids I took before I trimmed and I think it makes my penis look gross and unappetizing! I shave everything but a strip from my naval to the base of my shaft. I like the feel of everything smooth but leave just enough to show I am an adult!

As far as size goes, I always think that I am solving the problem of finding the needle in the haystack by getting rid of most of the hay! In my case the needle is a "needle prick"!

smallishuk, I have decided that shaved is the way to go! Having seen an increasing number of pics of guys who shave just about totally confirms that what I started doing a few years ago is increasing in popularity. Like you, I love the smooth feel, and the look is totally hot. Nothing "hidden in the bushes" so to speak! An absolutely perfect example of the perfect look (to me) is Scott8361!!! If you have Photo Gallery access, check out his excellently displayed equipment - if no photo access, sign up for it! In answer to your question, I say the hell with trimming, shave bald down there! laugh.gif

Wow,

It looks like I'm in the minority here. I really like the look of a nice thick bush on myself and other guys. I don't mind my dick being nestled in my thick patch of brown hair. To me seeing a guy without public or very trimmed looks like a pre-pubescent boy.

Just my two-cents with a contrary opinion.

Chris.

Well, I guess I'm in the minority with Boston Chris. I just can't understand why anyone would want to shave off their pubic hair. I guess it makes the cock look bigger without all that hair, but w/out the natural hair it's just strange looking to me.

I suppose if you were very bushy a little trim might be OK, but why not leave things as nature intended ?

I've got a moderate amount of hair - some of it is rather longish. Not "bushy" and not a heavy growth, but I would never want to shave it off. Guess I was really happy to see it start growing out at the start of 7th grade. Grew in during 7th & 8th. I guess it was "full" by the end of 8th grade or so. Why would I want to look like I did in the 6th grade ? Just my thoughts.

fdgr

I started shaving my nuts when I had a vasectomy about 10 years ago, I now shave right up to the shaft and around it but only trim the pubes, No hair on the pubes and a small dick really looks like a little kid, don't even like a big one without any pube hair. I get so bushy and my dick so little that the hairs would tangle in my dick when I tried to retrieve it to pee

Personally, I prefer to trim... groom, rather than let it look bushy. I think it does make my dick look a little bigger, although since I am the only one that generally sees it, don't think it makes that much difference. wink.gif

I never cared for the shaved look; the most I typically do is a little trimming to neaten it up. I find a substantial amount of pubic hair masculine-looking and very attractive. However, I recently had an operation during which much of my pubes were shaved, so I removed the rest when I got home to "balance" it out. It does make me look bigger and it's interesting to see myself as I was as a child, only with slightly larger parts! I'm planning to let it grow back, though.

As a straight college student, this sometimes comes up in convo with the boys and they typically laugh and say "whoever shaves is a puss" but i like to keep it clean. Not only does shaving the ol ballsack make it dangle more comfortably but keeping the pubes trimmed definetely adds some visual size. As well, if you shave the base of your wang, it adds an extra bit of length which can go a long way for those long self measurement episodes in front of the mirror. smile.gif

Toolzster:

Since you are a straight college student, what's your take on the majority of college guys today ? Do few, some, many, most shave or trim ? I'm assuming you see the other guys in the showers.

I'm old enough to have never heard of doing so back when I was in college or for many years there after.

Even in the late 70s when I visited w/ a friend at his college in another state [15 years after I was in college]& showered w/ him & lots of his dorm-mates, I doubt I saw anybody shaved. Had I, I think I would have noticed it, since it would have been really odd to me at the time.

I guess this is a 2 part question:

Toolzster & the young college guys - what's the story on campus today ?

For the list:

When did shaving or trimming become popular ? 80s, maybe ?

David

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have been trimming and shaving for about 4 years now. Started with shaving my sac and then trimming my bush. Have been totally smooth on many occasions. Now prefer to keep just a small shaped piece of short hair above the base. It definitely improves my percieved lenght, and I find it cleaner too. You would be surprised if you venture to a nudist event or beach at just how popular it is

• 4 weeks later...