New member seeking advice and support

Glenn

*Warning--this post is long and detailed. However, I would appreciate any help I can get, so please do read through it for me. I would like to thank measurection.com member "yoboy" for introducing me to this site through the small-penis-club yahoogroup. laugh.gif Thanks! smile.gif (Oh, and for you, "yoboy", this post is going to be redundant, since it's the same thing I posted on the yahoogroup--thanks again!)*

Hello to you all.

My name is Glenn. I'm a 19 year old male college student living in Ohio, and I've lived with a medical condition for the past 19 years that I am just beginning to confront and deal with now. Below, I have posted excerpts from an email that I sent out to Rod, the postmaster of the-penis.com, back in January. This email was my very first feeble attempt to confront my situation, but since it outlines many elements of my condition and of how my life has been affected by it quite clearly, I feel that using it now, to write to all of you, would be my best and most open mode of communication. So, here goes...

"I do not know what happened when I was born--meaning, whether or not the problem that I have was diagnosed by a doctor at the time of my birth. All I know, to this point in time, is that I have heard nothing from my parents, in all of my life, regarding a serious medical problem that I suffer from. Therefore, to this day, all I can do is assume that either they are unaware of the problem or they have avoided it for the 18 years of my life--the latter of which I am loathe to consider. If I were to find out that this was the case, that they have been avoiding the problem my whole life, I do not know how I would react. I know, however, that it would cause an irrevocable break in our relationship--I do not know if I would even be able to look at them, let alone speak to them, ever again. But I digress.

First, a small side note about my family situation. My parents are divorced. I do not have a relationship with my father--I would just as soon have him dead as I would have him back in my life. The divorce lasted for three years--three years of court battles, screaming, and watching my mother and my sisters suffering more than anyone should. My father had been abusive--physically to my mother, sexually to my older sister. That is the purpose of this story--to relate a story told to me by my sister a few years back. She told me that he used to take her into the tub with him when she was 5 or 6 years old. She told me that she remembers him having a very small penis (as compared, of course, to her former fiancee and her current fiancee, who both are very well endowed--or so she always tells me, in far more detail than I could ever possibly want--I don't blame her for the pain she has caused me by telling me these things--she is as unaware of my problem as everyone else in my life--more on this later). At any rate, because of this story, I assume that my father also had some degree of this same problem, although I cannot vouch for how severe his case is.

Before I begin to relate my many and varied sob stories, I suppose now would be a good time to interject my technical statistics in regards to my problem. I know very litte to nothing about my condition, including whether or not there is even a name for it. All I know is that I am grossly underdeveloped. My penis is a little under an inch when flaccid and not much more than an inch and a half when erect. In fact, even that is probably being generous. I'm really not much more than an inch when erect. Also, my penis is not very wide at all, being little more than an inch to an inch and a half in circumference. I have no visible head on my penis--it just sort of rounds out on the end. In fact, when flaccid, the 'head' often gets pulled inside the skin around it and almost disappears completely. When I move around or sit in certain positions, almost the entire penis pulls itself back into the skin of my pelvis. My testicles and scrotum are also very small, and I do not appear to be producing any semen, at all. Of course, I wouldn't know, since I've never experienced what happens when you produce semen--I've never been able to ejaculate, so I do not know if I am capable of it or even of producing semen, at all. Erections occur frequently but are not long or pleasurable--more often, they are painful and uncomfortable, at best. Anything beyond this information probably belongs to my life stories...so here goes...

I'm not sure when I first became conscious that I was different from other boys. I suppose it was probably when I was 8 or 9 years old. I have memories from when I was younger of going to get physicals for track and karate, but I do not recall any doctor ever saying that I had a problem--I suppose they probably just assumed that I and my parents already knew this and were dealing with the situation. My thoughts were confirmed, I suppose, in the 6th grade in Sex-Ed class. Obviously, I didn't have what my teacher said all men have and I definitely didn't look like any of the pictures we were shown on the slide-projector. It was around this time that I began to alter my lifestyle to compensate with this new self-consciousness.

I started withdrawing into myself. I dropped out of sports, for fear of my problem being discovered in team showers, weigh-ins, etc. Not to mention that I just felt like I was some kind of mutant, and that whenever I played sports now (especially track) I felt like everyone was staring at me, like they all knew that I was different and they were mocking me for it. Of course, looking back on it, I realize that these were silly, unfounded fears--but tell that to a young boy, who doesn't know any better. On a side note, due to my lack of participation in anything physical, I instead began to play video games (figuring that was a nice, introverted substitute for sports) and other such inactive activities. On account of this, I now suffer from a moderate weight problem that certainly doesn't help my self-confidence any. (I'm about 5'10" and weigh about 210 lbs.).

I'm unsure if it was due to my lack of physical activity or if I have a hormone deficiency of some sort, as well, but I also have the much more physically apparent problem of enlarged breasts. I have small, strangely pointy breasts, for which I have been called such colorful names as "Missile-Tits" and have been said to have "Man-Boobs". As if my other problems weren't already enough, this just adds to the pressure that I live under.

I have grown accustomed to hiding myself from the world. I hesitate to go swimming, unless I can do it at night, by myself, in a fenced-in yard, comfortable in the knowledge that no one is watching. All through high-school I dreaded taking the "Fitness and Swimming" course that was a graduation requirement (for some ungodly reason). I put it off for three years, until finally I had to take it in my senior year. Apparently, however, my hiding techniques have been well-developed, because I was able to conceal my problem for that entire semester--although I still had to deal with the taunts that were thrown at me due to my "man-boobs" (if this appears to be an offensive term-------it is).

As to the problem at hand, bathroom experiences have always been interesting. For the most part, I can urinate fine standing up. Of course, I instinctively move very far into the urinals, so I can't be seen by any other fellow-urinators (a strange term, that). Unfortunately, due to the fact that my penis being so small and its occasional tendency to pull itself inside my body, I have had a number of unfortunate incidents with accidentally urinating on myself, which have been extremely embarassing, but which I have (thankfully) been able to conceal, although it has been very difficult. When I urinate, it often sprays erratically and I am sometimes unable to satisfactorally control it. Again, this all just adds to the already difficult situation I am dealing with.

I suppose now is a good time to discuss my love life. Right. Love life. Haven't had one. I dated one girl once. Of course, because my luck is supreme, she wanted an almost wholly physical relationship, and I was forced to push her away. She informed me, after about a week of dating, that she was bisexual, but that she preferred men because she "...just likes dick too much..." I will leave it to you to imagine how this statement damaged me, I haven't even tried to engage in a relationship since then. I am, unfortunately, a hopeless romantic. I keep trying to convince myself that I will, someday, find someone that likes me for who I am--but honestly, what are the chances of that? To top this off, my lifelong dream has been of finding true love (Yes--I very much believe in true love--sad, isn't it?)--finding true love and starting a family. My greatest fear, even now, is that I will never be able to have children. The thought haunts me every moment of every day.

The worst part of my story is the fact that I have had to hide myself from the people that care the most about me--my best friends and my family. I am very close with at least four friends--very close, meaning that I would unhesitatingly sacrifice my life and everything that I ever known and loved for any one of them, in a heartbeat. This could, of course, be a sub-conscious desire to kill myself, but I try not to think about that. These friends, and all of my family members, do not know that I have a problem that I suffer because of, constantly. There is this thing about me that I have never been able to share with the people that I love beyond all others--it pains me just to think about it, about how I've had to hide myself and lie to these people that I love so dearly, but it's all par for the course, I suppose.

That brings me to perhaps the most colorful part of my story--the lies. I ask you, have you ever told a lie that you've developed so fully that you now almost believe it yourself? Have you ever lived a lie? I do, daily. I've told fanciful tales of various things that I've done with girls in my past to impress my friends, etc. In fact, I've developed an entire sexual history for myself that I can relate without a second thought--that's how thoroughly ingrained the lies have become to my mind. Considering all the lies that I have told now, I wonder very much as to my personal worth, because I feel like everything that I've ever done has been a lie. How would the people I love react to finding out about these lies--how would they react to the truth? I don't like to think about it.

Well, I suppose that brings us to the present day. I'm sure I've forgotten much, or repressed even more, but does it really matter? Reading over yours, and other peoples' websites, it seems to me that the only things that can be done about my problem needed to be done when I was a baby. Recently, I had to have a physical for my college application--that doctor was the first person that I can consciously remember who has found out about my problem--the only person in my eighteen years of life. His reaction to my physical deformity when he saw it was sickening--and was probably enough for me to have had his medical license revoked, if I was a more spiteful person. It was something akin to a line from the Princess Bride, "Dear God, what is that thing?" After his initial shock, when I told him that I didn't know what was wrong with me and asked him if there was anything that could be done about it, he basically informed me that there was nothing I could do this late in life and that I would most likely have to live like this for the rest of my life. I'm sick and I'm tired of hiding myself. I don't know that I can live my life like this for much longer. For the first time, now that I'm officially an adult, I'm considering taking matters into my own hands and going to see a urologist of my own accord, without alerting my mother to the fact that I am doing so. I don't know what it will accomplish, but I definitely require closure."

Well, that is the gist of the letter that I sent back in January--my first attempt at opening myself up to someone, hoping beyond hope that I could find support and answers for all of my problems and questions. Now I get to tell the story of what's happened (and what hasn't happened) since then.

To start, Rod was very supportive and understanding, telling me that there were many places I could turn to to seek help, such as this group. Yes, that's right, Rod told me about this group seven months ago and I've just now joined. It took me that long to get my nerve up to the point where I could bring myself to do it.

Well, shortly after I sent that letter to Rod, I was hit by a sudden and overwhelming wave of guilt. That guilt centered around the fact that I had just opened myself up for the first time to someone, and that someone had been a complete stranger online. I knew that I couldn't live with that, so within two days I had sent an email to my best friend, Chris, whom has been my closest friend and confidante for almost eight years now. It was a move that I hadn't intended to make, and it was a move that had effects on me that I could have never guessed at. But it was a good move, nevertheless. Just to give you all an idea of the kind of people I have in my life, here's the email that Chris sent back to me after I shared this aspect of my life with him:

Glenn,

I'm sure you have no reason to doubt in the trust you're placing in me, or you would not have done so. I am honored and thankful that you have me as a person to open up to.

I never forgot your quietly voiced fears about the possibility of not being able to have children. It was a one-time utterance, as was my mention of homosexual experiences, but it still had a place in my memory. Clearly, this fear is still with you, and I support your desire to see a urologist. Answers to questions are the very beginning of coming to terms with this condition; atleast, that is my suspicion. You've had no one to guide you up until now in regards to this issue, and you could certainly use a professional to make the most important things clear.

Fortunately, true love is not based on sex organs. And any woman that makes it so should pull her bottom lip over her head and swallow. The people that love you have already seen your most beautiful parts, Glenn: your mind, your heart, and your soul. They're the only parts that really count when it comes to the overall scheme of life. Atleast, I think that's a safe approximation.

I'm here. You need to talk, you need to write, you need to get a bite to eat, or you need to road trip to Spokane, WA. I'll be here. If you can accept the support of a good friend that does not share the condition but sympathizes and cares endlessly, I will give you all that I have.

I, too, would lay down my life for you. So enough of this bullshit about fearing my reaction. Ridicule? Wouldn't dream of it. You're definitely one of the best things I got, and consequently one of the last things I'd dream of abusing.

Much love,
Chris

As is evident from that, I have good and caring people in my life. People I can count on and trust. Telling Chris this, however, led to a very sudden change in me. You see, last school year had been my first year in college, and in that time I had gathered an entire circle of the greatest friends any human being could ever hope to encounter. Well, for the months leading up to this point, those friends had been bothered by my silence as to what was always troubling me that could cause me so much pain, which was apparently evident in my everyday life. (Friends notice quite a bit about you, even if you don't think they do...) Well, opening myself up to Chris led to a rash of systematically opening myself up to almost every member of this group of friends. Not once did I regret my actions, either. I now have an entire circle of about twelve close friends that know me completely and that I can trust and count on.

Unfortunately, that has not been enough to satisfy me over these past months. I still find myself losing sleep every night thinking about myself, my condition, and my future. I find myself racked with doubt. I find myself thinking the suicidal thoughtst that I promised myself years ago I would never think again. I cannot go on living the way I am. I can't stand it any more. I went from one form of hiding to another. I still haven't confronted my problem. I still haven't seen a doctor. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do anything to help myself. Like I said in my letter to Rod, I still haven't brought myself to discuss all of this with my mother, mainly because I think she knows about it, and if that is the case I will probably never speak to her again.

Additionally, as if the rest of my problems weren't enough, I find myself troubled in another way. The girl that I mentioned in my letter to Rod--Kasey, the only girl I've ever really dated--well, I'm still in love with her. Hopelessly. Endlessly. Totally and without a doubt. After three years, I still can't get her out of my mind. The worst part of all of this is that she is Chris's girlfriend. Yep, that's right, I'm madly in love with my best friend's girlfriend. Over the past three years, whenever the two of them have had relationship problems (and they've had a LOT of relationship problems--believe me), I've been the shoulder that both of them have leaned on and cried on. I've been their relationship counselor and their personal therapist. And throughout it all, I've been secretly in love with her. I hate myself for it. Kasey knows about my problem now. I opened myself to her back in January as well--it was the least I could do for her sharing all her problems with me over the past three years, after all. Well, we got to talking about old times and why things had been the way they'd been and she eventually told me that she wished I'd been more open with her when he'd dated. Ah well. At any rate, back in April, Chris and Kasey broke up (for the third time, I might add). This time was different though. This time Kasey knew that I was interested--she knew that I was in love with her. We'd talked about it and I had told her openly that I was in love with her, even after three years. Well, me being the hopeless romantic that I am, I went to great lengths to try to win her over. I almost succeeded too. But then Chris found out how I'd felt about his girlfriend for the past three years that he'd been dating her. Suddenly, everything was in the open and he felt betrayed. We talked that out to the point of understanding. But then, when he realized that I was serious about how I felt towards Kasey, he suddenly realized what he had just given up. Of course, as soon as he told her that he'd been and idiot and that he wanted to be with her, she immediately agreed and they started going out again. I'm still recovering from the grief this caused me, although I haven't spoken to either of them since.

So, that just about sums up my problems. I'm a hopeless romantic obsessed with my best friend's girlfriend who is plagued by seemingly hopeless physical problems that I'm just barely beginning to bring myself to face. I live my life on the verge of suicide, each day no better than the one before it. I can't think. I can't sleep. I hate myself in so many ways I've lost count. Basically, I need any help and advice that anyone can offer me. I crave support from anyone who can understand anything that I'm going through, and I'm hoping to find someone who fits that description here, in this group. I need to find others like me, if any exist. This is a call for help, pitiful though it may seem. If there are any amongst you who think you can aid me in any way, shape, or form, please don't hesitate. Anything you can offer will be appreciated far more than you could ever know. I will be hoping for responses, although not praying. I have no faith in the divine any more--no reason, as far as I see it. Well, at any rate, thanks for listening to my sob story :bawling:. Good day to you all.

Sincerely,
Glenn

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW:

Well a very detailed introduction and nothing wrong with that. I think you have made some major accomplishments whether you realize it or not. You have finally confronted your problems and are taking steps to resolve them if possible. You may not think you are, but opening up to friends is one step. Even thinking about seeing a urologist is another. At this stage you are in a doubtful position no doubt. Possibly a urologist can correct some of the problems (hormone replaceent) or possibly not and this could be what is paralyzing you into not seeing one yet. Personally, even though it is difficult I think you already know the answer, find a urologist and get a complete diagnosis. While you have given us an excellent emotional breakdown of your life, and some symptoms I don't think we have any urologists on the site that could make a complete diagnosis. You MUST see a professional. I know hormone therapy can help some conditions and the sooner started the better. You are not that far past the onset of puberty yet so if hormones will help, he longer you wait the less effective it will be.

You have managed to make it through the most critical years, young teens, when we are all changing, confused and scared sometimes taunted by friends. It wasn't the best time of your life, but you did make it through. Going to a urologist will be must less stressful than the years you have just gone through. Please please see one as soon as possible. Opening up to a bunch of strangers is sometimes easier than the closest of friends, but you have accomplished that too. You are facing your fears and slowly conquering them. Once you are seeing your urologist and working on the problem, you might also consider joining a support group in person, to deal with your self esteem and any other issues: anger?, rejection?

You have taken a great stride forward, in opening yourself to the yahoo group , chris and now here. The next step is action. Words without action are empty works. Your friend chris as already stated the same as I have above in different words but the same ideas. Please continue with your plan of seeking a urologist and carry through with it ASAP.

Let us know what the date of your appointment is. We will all be with you in spirit and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

A.

Welcome to the group Glenn. I am sorry to hear of your problem, the degree of such is unimaginable.

I could go on and on about all the poeple who never recognized your situation, but today that would not help.

Have you been seen by a GOOD Endocrinologist? I think you should make an appointment ASAP. There is very likely a hormone imbalance going on with you. I read your lengthy post quickly, and don't remember you saying how big your balls are, or if they even distended.

There are several hormone panels that should be run on you NOW! At 19 y/o there is a possibility it may be too late, but worth a try in my book. By 25, likely too late.

Is your body hairy, anywhere, like arms, legs, etc.? You know what other men look like. Yes, we are all different in size of penis and balls. Some guys are not hairy on chest/stomach. Others are very hairy (Bear.. he hee ... HE is hairy everywhere) Most guys have some hair on legs, nearly all have hairy crotch and armpits as you know well.

It is possibly that through a heavy, but properly monitored regime of testosterone shots that you could become more normal in size, and appearance.

I'm concerned about a pituitary or Hypothalumus problem in you. Something definately DID NOT WAKE UP, and begin the testosterne flow. Hormonmes are the body's messengers. Seems as if your body's never got the 'go' signal.

I know a man, now 35 who has a very odd, but life threatening disease where a part of the Hypothalumus/Pituitary was damaged by a benign tumor. He lost all desire for sex, and attitudes became very childlike. He wanted to play computer games all the time. His wife would masturbate with a dildo, in bed right next to him, even through her legs OVER him while masturbating, several times a week - and he did nothing... at age 33! This man IS NOT a gay man either.

I am happy to say that he is now under the very good care of a specialist, and his hormone problem is being addressed. He by the way is very hairy, and well built and muscled. His problem didn't occur until about age 31.

The couple is now having sex 2-4 times a week, and both parties are very satisfied. For the rest of his life he needs to have various hormones and enzimes measured, and medications adjusted. Once diagnosed, several doctors have told him that left alone, he would not have lived to see the age of 40 - as parts of body would begin to fail.

Depending on your desire to fix this, YOU have an excellent medical facitity in your town - The Cleveland Clinic.

The specialist I referred to is in Pennsylvania probably a 7 hour drive and 375 miles, depending where in the Cleveland area you are.

Having seeen 3 urologists, 2 Endocrinologists, (fired 1 because I knew more than he did in the male hormone area) and had consultations with that specialist in PA.

I am just offering my opinion as a layman. But, as Bear will attest, by in large, I know my shit in this area.

Another man I know, now over 70, never had a similar condition treated. He went through WWII and no one ever treated him. He never married, always low sex drive. About 5 years ago, he has his tiny atrophied balls cut off, as they were on verge of becoming cancerous. That man has virtually no hair on his body, other than his head.

Wish

Glenn, a big welcome to the site.

Your story was heart wrenching, and while i possess no professional skills, and do not share your problems, i would desperately like to be able to help you. But since you're looking for help, i can only offer the advice you probably don't want to hear: you need to get to a Urologist post haste!!! He may not be able to help the situation, but at least you'd have the satisfaction of knowing that you tried. On the other hand, who knows what treatments may be available?

I think we all carry some sort of burden that has made our lives miserable. At one point many years ago, i too considered suicide, but fortunately, i convinced myself that the totality of that act wasn't warranted.

I'm sure there are times when you think that your life isn't worth living, but believe me, it is. You sound like a wonderful person (and obviously have a lot of friends who feel the same way) who can have a very full life ahead of you.

As for being a hopeless romantic, worse things could happen to you. I'm sure that someday you'll meet a wonderful woman who will love you for WHO you are, not WHAT you are.

If you ever want to talk, feel free to send me an e-mail or make a date to meet in the chat room.

Anyway, coming here is the second best thing you could have done. You'll find that the site is filled with caring, sensitive people who will give you lots of support, if not some of the help you're looking for.

Hope to see you posting more in the future.

Kirk wavey.gif

Dear Adrian, Wish, and Kirk,

Thank you all so much for your support and your words of caring concern and advice. They mean so much! I'm going to try to break this down to replies to each of your posts, one at a time, although a number of things are probably going to run together.

Adrian, you are right--I have made some major accomplishments. I do know it, even if I keep telling myself that I haven't. I mean, having hidden myself from the world for 18 years, I can hardly deny that this year has been a series of life-changing steps for me, whether for better or worse (although I think they've all been for the better!). You also hit the nail on the head with my problem with bringing myself to go see a doctor. It is, without a doubt, the fear that I will be told that nothing at all can be done for me--that I will have to stay this way for the rest of my life--that keeps me from acting. I want a family so badly--I just don't know what I would do if I was told, outright, that I could never have children. But these are all fears that I need to put aside. I need to steel myself for whatever may lie ahead for me.

Wish, I don't know what else to say to you other than thank you so much for your candor. I'm a firm believer that sometimes people need a serious reality check, and I think you've given me one. You were blunt and to the point, and I appreciate that. Really. As for your questions, first of all my scrotum is very small, but is present, as are two (small) testicles. Never did me much good, but they do exist . I suppose that counts for something. As for hair, I'm pretty devoid of hair. I have some armpit hair (not lots), some pubic hair (although again, not much), and almost no body hair. My legs are pretty hairless as well--there is hair there, but not even close to what the majority of men would call normal. I have thought for quite a long time that my problems were mainly hormonal in nature, but that didn't help to make me act on them any sooner. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, after all. I hope that answers your questions. If you can offer any more advice, I'd be thrilled to take it. Thanks again.

Kirk, thank you for your caring words, on an acutely personal level. I like to think that I've lived my life as a good person who truly knows the value of the word "friend" and who always tries to do the best for the people I know and love.

In reply to:

You'll find that the site is filled with caring, sensitive people who will give you lots of support, if not some of the help you're looking for.

I see that this is true, and already I feel that I've made a wonderful, life-altering decision in joining this group and speaking my piece. Thank you so much for your support! smile.gif

Now comes the best part of this post. For this, I thank the three of you, as well as "yoboy" (thanks, Steve!) and all of my friends who have, over the past 7 months, tried to get me to do this. I placed an appointment request with the Cleveland Clinic today, and already I've gotten a response back. I got a phone call from a very nice girl named Terri who needed to get more information from me as to my condition so that she could make sure to assign me the proper specialists to look into my problems. Of course, I clammed up on the phone--I still can't bring myself to actually TELL people about my problems. Hence, I use email or posting, such as this. That is another obstacle that I hope I can overcome very soon. Anyway, I told her I would call her back and I hung up--not a real good start. Then, however, I signed on here and saw the three posts from you all and knew what I had to do. I called her back and told her that I would like to email her my problems, because I have problems discussing them in person. She agreed, and about 25 minutes ago I sent off an email to her that detailed all of my problems and asked for appointments with specialists in the fields of both Urology and Endocrinology. Five minutes ago I received an email from Terri that says, simply, "I received your email,and I am looking into the matter now." I don't think Terri realizes how much those words mean to me. I don't think she realizes what a comfort it is to hear someone say that--after all these years of hiding.

So, there it is. I'm finally doing something. Thank you all so much, and please, keep posting! I can't tell you how great it is to hear from people who can relate and at least in part understand what I am going through. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

--Glenn laugh.gif

p.s. I'll keep you guys posted on what appointments I get scheduled for and when. Wish me luck! tongue.gif

Way to go buddy.

As for email the problems, you hit on something we all missed. In other posts here concerning ED, bear stated several times to people, if your are uncomfortable discussing this with your doctor, write it down and hand him the note.

bigshock.gif

We should have thought of that. I am glad you did.

The great thing with email is that it allows us some protecton from our feelings of vulnerability and embarassment. One other thing, and it has been mentioned, if the person you see does not give you answers, then fire him/her and get another. Remember the endocrinologists and urologists work for you. You are the person paying them and have a right to answers.

CONGRATULATIONS angel.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

I was going to suggest you write it all down, but my post was so long anyway.

Now that you are taking action, be sure to get ALL your concerns down when you go see the Dr's. Take ALL your typed out questions with you.

Remember ... YOU .. are paying him for the expertise he was trained in. Like a car in for a tune up.. you want the job done right, the first time. If you forget to ask.. or say something, he can only act with what he knows. Hand him you list of all questions and problems... yea let him take 5 minutes to read it all.

Be explicit as you need to be.. right down to the fact that you don't masturbate. Any Dr. (man) worth his salt will KNOW that at age 19, that is NOT normal. Also be sure to mention your sex drive, or lack therof. I think somewhere about 10-12 most guys start this, or have wet dreams if they don't.

BTW - you never said.. have YOU EVER had a wet dream? Just curious. All ammunition for the Dr., my friend.

Be prepared for about 4-8 small vials of blood to be drawn.

Another possibility will be the MRI of you head. That will show irregularities in the Pituitary or Hypothalumus glands. (Like my 33 y/o friend) Those glands are burried at the base of the brain. I know from what I speak - I had one done too - (MRI).

Do not be afraid to ASK QUESTIONS ... PERIOD. You are SO YOUNG, and I mean that. You SHOULD have another 50 or so years of sex and fun ahead of you - if you get this addressed.

Once he sees/hears your questions, and examines your pre-puberty condition body, he will hopefully have an idea what to test/proceed with.

Let us know..PLEASE what happens with the Doctors.

If you happen to get someone who doesn't have a clue, let us know that too. Be preapred for more than one Dr to see you. Expect this process to take maybe 1 month, with all tests and such, once they first see you.

We are ALL on your side Glenn.

Wish

In reply to:

Five minutes ago I received an email from Terri that says, simply, "I received your email,and I am looking into the matter now." I don't think Terri realizes how much those words mean to me. I don't think she realizes what a comfort it is to hear someone say that--after all these years of hiding.

Hello Glenn,

Welcome to Measurection wavey.gif! You know already that you've come to the right place, don't you? You spoke of a "reality check". Your story is a true reality check for the rest of us here. I made it though your original post, the first replies and your response ... all the way down to the line quoted above and then the tears started rolling down my cheeks. You're doing it! You're taking control of your destiny and I congratulate you thumbup.giftrophy.gifribbon.gifjump.gif !

What you've written tells us that you're kind, sensitive and highly intelligent. You'd be a great catch for a nice girl whether your condition can be remedied or not. There are many ways to express affection and sexuality; penetration is only one of them. As far as having a family, don't forget that adoption could be an option. There are children crying out for the kind of love you obviously have to offer.

For now, you're doing what you must do: continuing your education, nurturing friendships and, perhaps most importantly for this time in your life, finally getting the medical treatment that your parents should have made sure you had years ago. I don't pretend to understand why your mother didn't provide what you needed. I have a friend who asked a pediatric urologist why her son's penis appeared so small compared to other little boys his age. He told her not to worry and that puberty would take care of it. Maybe she was naive and assumed that would happen to you. It sounds as if your parents divorce and the sexual abuse of your sister took center stage in your family and you were left to fend for yourself. I'm truly sorry that happened to you ... sorry isn't a strong enough word. Somehow, I feel that you're awakening from a nightmare. You haven't seen all your new Measurection friends' faces but, rest assured, we're here for you, smiling at you and waiting to hug and comfort you. I'm glad you're here hugs.gifhugs.gifhugs.gif .

Regards,

Hart

Dear Glenn,

That's the longest post ever here at Measurection and although I usually don't read past the first scroll, I did read every bit of what you wrote. And, I do feel for your pain and feeling of helplessness as well as depression. I fault your parents for not having done anything to get you the proper medical help early on. But regardless of what any of your friends or that dumbass doc said, it's not too late to get help.

You should make every effort to get to a qualified Endocrinologist right away. You don't want someone who specializes in diabetes. Diabetes patients are the bread and butter of most endocrinologists. But you want one who is versed in genetics and/or andrology. You very well likely could have what I have which is Klinefelter's Syndrome, but who knows but the doc specialist. Regardless of what you call your condition don't think that you are doomed for life like this. I have an online friend who is now age 63, but 8 years ago he was diagnosed as XXY male (Klinefelters) and underwent Testosterone Replacement Therapy. He said his penis grew 2.5 inches to what is now 6.5 in. during his adult puberty. But part of that may have been due to his loss of weight when his metabolism got on the right track.

Losing weight could possibly benefit you as well. Perhaps you didn't go through puberty. I can't diagnose your condition any more than the other guys here can, but you should do everything possible to get proper medical attention. hugs.gifhugs.gifhugs.gif

Guest CharlieBear

Dear Glenn. I am sorry I have not been on all day as I had to take my wife to the hospital. Wish told me about your post early this morning. Both he and Ardian quoted to you everything I would have said, so please take to heart what they told you. DO take action!

My WAG as an only-slightly-knowledgable laymay is that you are suffering from a deficiancy of human growth hormone (HGH). If this has been found a treated 5-4-3 or even 2 years ago, would would stand a better chance of going through late puberty. Even, so, as Wish said, it is never too late. See a GOOD endochronologist and get a complete hormone panel done--including female hormones. (You may also have an excess of them.)

After reading the statement, "Another man I know, now over 70, never had a similar condition treated. He went through WWII and no one ever treated him. He never married, always low sex drive. About 5 years ago, he has his tiny atrophied balls cut off, as they were on verge of becoming cancerous. That man has virtually no hair on his body, other than his head.", I was reminded of a documentary on TLC about a once-common practice of physicians surgically assigning a gender to new-born males whose genitals were considered improperly formed. Simply put, they turned males into females and, in some cases, did so against the parents' wishes. It was a powerful documentary because many of those individuals, now grown, discussed their problems as they matured.

Fortunately, the documentary addressed—to some degree—alternative treatments such as you detailed here. Since the documentary was produced several years ago, medical science should have made inroads into these alternative treatments.

I am again impressed with the quality of responses from the membership here. At times like these, we should thank Josh and Sean for their great efforts to keep this site operational, and we should send money to insure the continuing operation of Measurection. I know that I shall do so again by the end of this month.

Welcome to the Site Glenn! wavey.gif Thank you so much for trusting and sharing as much as you have. thumbup.gif Intellectually you seem older than your very few years. Use that, if you go to a doctor and for any reason don't like him, Fire Him/Her. Your instincts will see you through this. Best of luck and please keep us informed to the degree you're comfortable with on how things go for you. Like Diane I'm proud of you! Saw the documentary that Vinnie did. It seemed to be easiest to turn boys into girls. If memory serves. The major problem with the whole thing was the gender identity in the brain. Girls who began life even ambiguously, that had a male brain couldn't function as female the older they got. Some it was a reassignment that may have happened later by choice. Nineteen is very young, try to be patient so that all works out as best it can. hugs.gif

Wow!

I have read this thread.... a little behind here today myself, and I've sat in a daze for the last 45 minutes. Your long and detailed post brought tears to my eyes.

I shall never again worry myself with the stress or headaches of running this site. Those things are not important.

THIS IS WHY THIS SITE IS HERE!!! For someone who needs help.... and help shall be found.

First of all, WELCOME! I am Soooooo glad that you found us. Thank you Yoboy and Rod at www.the-penis.com for pointing you to us.

We have all felt this site to be "life-altering" for us at times... myself included.

I too see that you have made SEVERAL big steps, and I'm very proud of you. The first few big steps are tough....but they get easier.

I sometimes too tend to keep my problems to myself....and in my head they get bigger and bigger, and eventually, you have to seek out friends you can trust (I usually find them here) and tell them all about it. It DOES help, and knowing that you've got support will help you through it.

Telling your close friends was a good start. It DOES sound like you've got some VERY GOOD friends in your life. That's good. Welcome to 5500+ more of them.... who will all care about you just as much. Hey, ya never can have too many friends in life. smile.gif

All of my advice has been said by the others already. Thanks guys. This site would be nothing without our regular posters. smile.gif

You have done the right thing. See a GOOD doctor, there are definately some things about your sexual health that may need treatment. As the guys said, it could be a hormone thing, and you might just be young enough to get it corrected with treatments.

You are an Adult, and need not share this with your mother (yet) if you're not comfortable doing so. As an adult you can see the doctor and discuss your issues and keep it private. If I would you I would do that for now if it's most comfortable for you. When you need to talk, share with your friends or us. (Email me or PM me anytime you need an ear.)

I would agree to write everything down. Even the day seeing the doctor, you may be shy or embarrassed. I would use your email above, and edit it down to a list of your symptoms. Tell the story on paper. Have it with you, because if you feel too shy with the doctor, hand it to him and say "read this". It would be better than clamming up and not giving him all the needed info. A GOOD Doctor will understand, read it, and react properly to it.

If the doctor doesn't react in a way that you feel comfortable (like the college doctor)... LEAVE AND SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR. There are good ones and bad ones. Don't take the "probably nothing can be done" type of answer!

Also, begin writing down all of your questions and concerns....some of which you've expressed here like the ability to have children, sexual drive etc..... Again, present the list if you "turn shy" with the Doc. Again, handing him a list would be better than not asking.

I can tell you feel worlds better by finally begining to share your problem. And I think you have a healthy attitude when you recognize that everyone through life has NOT looked at you differently.... and they won't in the future. We are all human and we are all different....but we are all special in many ways too. You sound like a very special person, and I think your friends have realized that too, or you wouldn't be so close to them.

PLEASE.... keep your appointment with the doctor.

PLEASE.... continue to visit the site here.... read our old posts... feel free to post replies if you have any questions or feel you've got something to add.

PLEASE.... keep us posted on the results and progress with this. I'm sure others will agree, but You and your post will remain on my mind. I'll want to hear all about how you made out.

Thank you again for sharing so much with us. I'm glad we are here for you!

Again, Welcome to our family. wavey.gifhugs.gif

Your friend,

Josh

Glenn, I was so pleased to hear your news. I'm sure it wasn't easy to make that appointment, but it is the smartest (and most courageous) thing you could have done. It's a first step, but immensely important.

We are all rooting for you!!!! Be sure to let us know how things go for you. In the meantime, feel free to participate on the board in our more frivolous posts...have a little fun.

Best of luck, buddy.

Kirk thumbup.gifwavey.gif

Hey one more thing -

You commented on how you feel bad that you've been "living a lie" at times. Telling lies about your sexual experience and stuff.

We have ALL done that. You can't undo that. But you ARE taking a major step in the right direction.

John (10klakes) one of the sites best writers (in my opinion) started a thread, which was very touching that addresses the lies we've all lived, the regrets we've all had. Check it out! Regret, insecurity, and lifes other suck holes thread.

Hiya Glenn,

I am cetainly no doctor and I know very little, but some of it sounds familiar. Breast enlargement in men is called Gynecomastia. And I have heard of it in connection with Kleinfelters syndrome (if it's spelled right). This syndrome affects the developement of the pines. There are some who post here that have it and should be able to help. As far as taking matters into your own hands, you certainly do need to. You don't require your mothers permission to see a doctor. Start with a good urologist and explain to him your whole story -- you've never had answers and now you want them. Don't let it beat you. Find a way to beat it. You are very smart. In listening to you explain what you don't have, we've been able to see what you do have, and it's heart.

Aloha to you Glenn, wavey.gif

As you can see, this site is great!!! I hope that you will continue to come and post. This community is very supportive, and the men and women that populate this part of the web are the best!!!

Aloha for now,

HwnStud

In reply to:

Now comes the best part of this post. For this, I thank the three of you, as well as "yoboy" (thanks, Steve!) and all of my friends who have, over the past 7 months, tried to get me to do this. I placed an appointment request with the Cleveland Clinic today, and already I've gotten a response back.

:trophy:BRAVO! :trophy:

You've now taken the second most important step in getting relief for your condition. The most important was being able to admit to the problem.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you're now on the way toward major improvement.

BTW, it's not surprising that you've found it easier to reveal yourself through your keyboard than in person whether to friends, to strangers or to medical staff. This phenomenon has been written about since the mid-1960's.

In closing, let me add my welcome. We're all pleased you found us and we're glad to have the opportunity to get to know a great guy like you.

*WARNING--This is another long one (pretty typical from me...). But please do make the time to read through it, especially if you've already responded to my predicament. Each of you receives mention and thanks, as well you all deserve it! smile.gif *

I can honestly say to you all right now that I do not even know where to begin with this post. So, I'm going to begin in a way that some may find redundant, but it is something that I can't stop saying and I hope to never stop saying.

THANK YOU. All of you. Thank you so much for all of your advice, input, support, stories, EVERYTHING! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!

All right. I'm sure that won't be the last time I'll be saying that during this post, but like I said, I don't think I can ever say it enough times for all of the support that I received within the FIRST 12 HOURS since I posted for the first time on this site.

I'm gonna take these in order--I don't know how else to handle this, and I don't want to leave any of you out.

First of all--to Adrian, Wish, and Kirk--thank you again for your kind words and your advice. To Wish, in answer to some of your other questions--No, I really don't masturbate. Hardly ever, anyway. Occasionally I do, but mainly it's because I feel like I should be to make myself feel more normal. Does that make sense at all? I mean, the act of masturbation certainly gives me no pleasure--staring at my problem only makes me think about the problem even more actively than I USUALLY do (which is just about constantly). Additionally, to the best of my recollection, I have never had a wet dream. As I said in my original post, I don't seem to be producting semen, and I've never ejaculated, so I guess a lack of wet dreams would just be par for the course. embarassed.gif As for MRI's, that won't be a problem. I've had my fair share of head scans in my time, since for about 6 years I suffered from Chronic Migraines that would completely debilitate me for weeks at a time. Thanks for the warnings and the advice, however.

To you Hart--I do, indeed, realize that I've come to the right place. I still can't believe what an amazing experience I've had within the FIRST 12 HOURS since I joined the site. (I keep saying that, don't I? Maybe there's something to that... wink.gif ) I have never, in my life, been so touched by something that someone has said to me or done for me as I have been by this amazing display of care, concern, and compassion that has been shown to me, today. Also, thank you, Hart, for your compliments. I have lived my life trying to make myself believe that I am what you say I am. I want to believe so badly that I have so much love to give if I can just find a girl who will accept me and love me as much as I will her. You brought up another touchy subject in your post as well, Hart. Adoption. This has been something that I've discussed a number of times with my friends over the course of the past 7 months. I've been thinking about it almost constantly, arguing with myself as to whether or not it would be an alternative that I would be willing to accept. I really don't think it is, though, and I feel like a horrible person for saying so. I want it to be, but I just can't bring myself to accept that as an alternative to participating in the miracle that is the joint creation of human life. Does this all make any sense? Sometimes I don't even make sense to myself, let alone to other people. I know that there are children out there that hope for the kind of love that I know I'm capable of giving, but I just don't know if it could ever be the same--if I could ever love that child as I feel I could a child of my own flesh and blood. I know that sounds hideous, but I can't help the way I feel about it. Thank you, however, for bringing it up so that I could share my thoughts on the subject with all of the WONDERFUL people on this site. Also, you brought up the subject of my mother, which is always an interesting one for me to discuss. You see, a number of months ago, I had an encounter with my mother when she took me out to dinner late one evening with my sister to discuss my recent behavior and to hear about a run-in that I had had with the police a few days prior (a run-in, I might add, that is intrinsically related to the events of my opening myself up to my friend Chris--it is a lengthy story, but if there is enough outcry from people wanting to hear it, I will certainly oblige--it's QUITE amusing...). Well, it seems that my mother had gotten wind of a certain "medical condition" that I had been discussing with my friends, and she wanted to know what this "medical condition" was. Of course, I wasn't ready to discuss it with her--certainly not like this, anyway. So I told her that. Shortly thereafter, she told me that she thought she knew what it was. I hesitantly asked her what she thought, fearing what her response might be. And with good reason, too. She told me--"It's something that you were born with, isn't it? I remember the doctors telling me about something, but your father and I didn't think it was that big a deal." I didn't know what to say to her. I was appalled. I was aghast. I was a whole feckin' lot of horrendous adjectives that I can't even begin to list. I just said, almost immediately, and with more force than I had, perhaps, intended--"This discussion is over . I said I didn't want to talk about this--you persisted. I don't know what to say to you and I know that if I say anything then I will probably regret it. So I'm not going to say anything to you at all--drop it, NOW." I don't think I've ever talked to my mother that way. She shut up, immediately. That was the last time we talked about it. That was back in January. So, that's pretty much an update on my situation with my mother. Fun, isn't it? Like I said in my original post, if I were to find out that she knew and she didn't do anything about it, I think I would never speak to her again. I would simply say "I'm leaving. I don't ever want to speak to you again. Don't try to contact me. I'll send you my college bills. You'll pay them. That will be all I will ever want from you for the rest of my life." "Your father and I didn't think it was that big a deal." Not that big a deal? Not that big a deal?! My God! Nineteen years! Nineteen years and eight suicide attempts later!... Not that big a deal... Ooh, I get SO MAD just thinking about hearing her say those words...

Okay, I'm going to stop that, now. No more ranting, I promise. I will finish up my response to you, Hart, with this: I am glad I'm here, too. And just as you have promised to be here for me, to hug and comfort me, I want to make that same promise to all of you. It is the least I can do for the love I've been shown today. Thank you.

To Diane--thank you. And yes, he should be shot. However, I would very greatly enjoy poking him with that very pointy stick you mentioned... thumbup.giflaugh.gif

To Rick--First of all, I would like to say that I would like to blame my parents, as well. Unfortunately, upon reflection, that seems way too easy for everything that I've gone through. Secondly, thank you for that great advice about the endocrinologists--I would've never thought about that on my own. Also, I will definitely be looking into this Klinefelter's Syndrome to learn more about it. Thanks! Additionally, your comment on me never having gone through puberty spurred some more thoughts in me. (I'm sure you're all thinking to yourselves, "Oh no, here he goes again...") I think you may be right, Rick. Another problem that I have, which I somehow have failed to mention previously, is the fact that I have a very high voice. Not extremely high, mind you, but I am quite possibly the highest tenor that I know of (I am a semi-accomplished singer/performer in my own right...). My singing voice sounds very tenor, however (meaning that I don't sound like a girl when I sing). My speaking voice, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. I have (or at least I've been told that I have) a very high speaking voice for a male. This causes NO END of problems, as I'm CONSTANTLY (and by constantly I mean numerous times DAILY) being mistaken for a girl/woman. I go out to restaurants with my mother and sisters and the waiter/waitress will refer to us collectively as "ladies". I will be called Miss, etc. by people all the time, especially on the phone. In my roleplaying exploits (I'm a roleplayer as well, in case any of you haven't read my bio), I'm constantly being mistaken for a female. Some players at some of the games I participate in can't seem to understand or get into their heads that I'm not female, despite the fact that I REPEATEDLY inform them of their mistake. As if I was lying to them or something! tongue.gif Well, I'm sure you all can imagine the WORLD of emotional self-deprecation that this has caused me and the overall effect that it has had on my already bottomed-out self-esteem. It's brought me to tears on a number of occasions. I frequently find myself wondering about it, because I don't feel feminine and I certainly don't think that I look feminine in the face (if I am, I am one UGLY woman, let me tell you...). Well, that's that. One more issue to add to the ever-growing list. Maybe I haven't gone through puberty. Maybe, if I hadn't decided to take the steps that I've now decided to take, I never would. I'll find out soon, I suppose. Thanks for bringing it up, though!

To you, Bear--first off, is your wife alright? I hope nothing is seriously the problem. I wish you and yours the best and hope that everything turns out alright for you. Secondy, thank you for your input on my situation. A lack of HGH may very well be the case, although the growth hormones would have to be related only to that section of my body, since I am almost six feet tall and wider than I would like to be (in other words, no problem with growth in any other directions...). I have little doubt that whatever specialists I end up seeing, they will be good ones. Good ones are really the only kind the Cleveland Clinic has. grin.gif

To Vinnie--I will definitely look into getting my hands on a copy of the documentary that you mentioned. Do you happen to remember the title of it, by any chance? Oh, and thank you for the PM as well. Additionally, as for Josh and Sean, they do need to be thanked and supported for maintaining this amazing site! (I haven't even gotten to Josh's post yet...damn, this is going to be a long post...)

Thom--thank you for your warm welcome and your input! smile.gif

Now to Josh--I have heard a great deal about you, my friend. All of it has been good, and now I can truly say without a doubt that all of it has been TRUE. You are one of a kind, and for building and maintaining this site you have my everlasting thanks. I can't even begin to describe how much it means to me, already. As for your post, all I can say is thank you so much for your concern, your support, and the friendship that you have offered me. Your site has already made a world of difference in my life, and I want you to know firsthand how much I appreciate you and everything you are doing, here. Thank you so much.

To ra1nydaz3--thank you for the information on gynecomastia. Additionally, thank you so much for the comment that you included at the end of your post. You all, collectively, have made me feel more worthwhile than I've felt in almost four years. (the last time was when I told someone I loved them and was told that I was loved in return...I shall not speak her name, for I have already discussed THAT part of my life, and it is something that I truly would like to leave behind...)

HwnStud, Tim, and RodEnuf--thank you so much for your warm welcomes and I can't wait to get to know all of you better in the days (and years) to come.

That goes for all of you out there. Thank you, again, for everything, and I cannot wait to get to know each and every one of better. I truly feel like I have joined a family, and that is a feeling that I cannot even begin to put into words. Gods, I don't think I've forgotten anything I wanted to say. (If I have, I'm sure I can send out another far-too-lengthy post at a later time... wink.gif )

My love and my heartfelt thanks go out to each of you.

The most sincere I've ever been in my entire life,

Glenn

Hey, Glen. A 'never too late' WELCOME to the Measurection community. wavey.gifhugs.gif Just got thru

reading this thread. "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" (Sean: Thanks, again, for providing us all with a place to find comfort and strength. angel.gif ) Glen, I hesitate to refer to you as 'lostincleveland' 'cause it doesn't quite seem to fit you anymore. jump.gif Thank you for letting us into your life. You are quite an extrordinary person.

My heart goes out to you for all the pain and suffering you've had to endure all these years. hugs.gif But what great joy and unmistakeable relief there is to know that you've made progress to move onward, determined to increase the quality of your life. thumbup.gif Right on, baby!!! jump.gifjump.gifjump.gif Like many have already stated, and for the MANY lurkers that haven't, we're

ALL VERY PROUD OF YOU for seeking appropriate medical help. ribbon.gif

I'm also thankful that you've had such wonderful friends who serve as your extended family. Good friends are NOT a dime a dozen. So, to have a few of them is TRUELY a blessing and something to cherish. Good friends can ground and revitalize your very spirit. But then, ...there's 'intimacy'.

As far as being a 'hopeless romantic', can't say that I relate to that...but I can claim that there are 'many fish in the sea'. One just needs to get out and experience the waters. Personally, I don't believe in the "there's only one for me" theory. This is NOT to deny the love you have for any one person. Just that I believe there are a multitude of people out there for each and every one of us to potentially realize as lovers. Sometimes it boggles my mind to think how easy it appears for people to harbor hate and prejudice on such grand levels, and how difficult it appears for people to harbor love and understanding on same grand levels. There's so much to be felt and so many good people to feel it with. In your journey to 'come out' in the world, I hope you realize greater opportunities to love and be loved. I have NO DOUBT that this will happen with you.

I feel like I want to say more but I'm VERY tired right now and have to catch some zzzz's before

being at work for 9:30A. All the best, my friend. hugs.gifsleepy.gif Peace out*******************

Oh, you're a roleplayer as well... as I thought, definitely an intelligent chap, then. God, I miss the old AD&D sessions with my classmates. So, you definitely have a good deal of social contact with (if roleplayers over there are anything like in europe) people who couldn't care less about the exterior of a person. BTW, sorry for not replying to your PM earlier, I was a bit pressed for time.

As to having children, you're 19, and you've just take the first step to a completely new life. The word is 'baby steps'. Take it slowly but steadily and see how things are progressing. I didn't think about having children until I found out that my girlfriend was pregnant; that's at 27. And even now I don't feel ready for it...

You mentioned your parents' reaction. It's not really surprising. I know that sexual education is something that comes very hard to parents (especially, it seems, in the US). My mom also did her bit to fuck over my self image and sexuality. When I confronted her, her only comment was "I refuse to be held responsible for that.". End of discussion. My advise is to avoid that subject in the future and move on. There is nothing you can do for her or she can do for you. I'm not saying you should fall out with your mother, just consider this a subject she does not understand and probably never will.

You are on your own, but you're not alone. hugs.gifhugs.gifhugs.gif

ChrisB

Guest CharlieBear

Glenn, this is certainly a warm and caring site, and the response to your post shows it. However, you are not the first one here to have found support and help. We have all benefitted from the site.

I don't now why I did not think last night to tell you to go visit my fourm "Keeping It Up!" You may find some useful info there on TRT, hypogonadism, and doctor visits. Also check the library. OReon and I have posted some articles that will be of instrest to you. We don't talk enough about the library---still looking for submissions, guys!!

Finally, thank you for your concern about my wife. I don't know anything yet. Worst case scenerio--West Nile virus. Best case--simply the flu. The doctors are not saying that, but she has all the symptoms, and I suspect that is why they were so quick to hospitalize her. I will keep you informed. I have to head out now.