Father, Brothers Size Difference

clint6

• 3 weeks later...

Growing up as the only son with three sisters my father and I spent a lot of time together and I saw him naked many times. We would frequently shower together and I remember thinking that he was huge and very hairy. Sometimes he would get hard in the shower. His cock would sick straight up against his pubes and he would hang a washcloth on it and call it his hatrack. As I got older, there were still many times that we would be naked together usually when changing after scuba. I caught up to him when I was about 16. Now I know that he was actually less than average but his attitude made him seem like he was swinging 10". Now that I'm older I realize that our bodies are identical. My body, my dick, erection and all, is a carbon copy of his. And yes, I can do the hat trick.

I am the middle of three boys. My father and older brother are very well endowed, and uncut, me and my little brother are both average and cut (historical shifts?!). I remember thinking when my older brother sprouted pubic hair, and a hefty penis, that the same would obviously happent to me.

My penis took a different turn of the roulette wheel. And we do all look related...

Funny thing about an older brother actually getting something right, mine had a habit of insulting "big droopy cocks" and dropping easy comments complimenting us two younger guys on our perky pistols. We were all very open growing up, sporty, especially doing swimming, so Big Bro' wins the award for making us comfortable in our skin at the critical phase of development. Doesn't mean we didn't all evolve our own penis issues <sigh> but as an adult I am deeply grateful for what his behavior did, however unintentional.

Wow Bear, you're right. I never saw the sweetness in this and it really makes me wonder how conscious my brother was/is of what he did. He's a pretty hard-edged guy, so it wasn't exactly soft-heartedness that drove him. We have never once discussed this as adults--which now feels like a mistake. I'll take it on.

Maybe HE hates being big!?

Maybe...maybe his seeing both of you smaller made him feel the odd man out, different. And maybe that hard edge hid the soft protectiveness of a bigger brother who had heard comments in locker rooms and wanted you guys to not have complexes growing up. Whatever his motivation, that's a lovely story - thanks for sharing.

PSD, you're good! I thought I was too young to get sentimental, but...<sob>...damn I must have something stuck in my eye...<sniff>

Since you and Bearatory (what a swell guy you are!) replied to this thread, I have been kicking myself for not seeing this experience from an outside-the-family-view. My big bro' deserves better than I've given, that's for sure. You have both made me very grateful for what he did for us.

Maybe I get all three of us in a room over Thanksgiving and find a way to let him know how good he is? I'll check with little bro' first since I don't really know his take either...

Families sure waste a lot of time dickin' around!

Hap8

I am an only child and saw my dad's penis once when very young when we were both peeing, but as the toilet was dark it was a bit hard to evaluate his size, but from the bulge in his pants I would sayhe is a lot larger than me. I am cut and would think that dad is uncut as he was born before circumscision became popular here in Australia. Have seen my cousin's penis and he was what I would describe as average size slack. My father in law was hung and uncut, so maybe if we had of had a boy child he would be bigger than me also. Remember my mother once saying she worried about my size as when I was about 2-3 years old her friends son (same age as me) and myself were on our potties and I had to push down on mine to make sure the pee landed in the pot and not over the edge but his just dangled down ok.

Terry

Interesting how neutral you sound in your post, Terry. Do you think this trace memory had a significant impact on how you view your own penis--how you developed as a sexual being?

Hardly a creative thought, but I'm beginning to think that much about how we as men view our dicks/sexuality/selves relates to father/brother imaging. Not in an entirely Freudean way, maybe.

But look at all the threads in this forum that trace father and brother connections to the penis--for better and worse effects. As individuals we certainly define some of the goodness or badness of the impact, but fathers/brothers (or, of course, their surragates) have a more subtle but powerful force than those brothers/fathers/surrogates realize as they go about fulfilling their roles.

As a father of a young boy, this matters a lot to me.

Will keep pondering...

Happy8

I'm beginning to think that much about how we as men view our dicks/sexuality/selves relates to father/brother imaging. . . look at all the threads in this forum that trace father and brother connections to the penis--for better and worse effects. As individuals we certainly define some of the goodness or badness of the impact, but fathers/brothers . . . have a more subtle but powerful force than those brothers/fathers/surrogates realize . . .

I think you are soooo right when you say that. I got a lot of razzing about my size in school. But what really did my self esteem most were the words and actions of my brothers.

My older brother often tormented me by repeating that I didn't have a "dick" but only a "peepee" (the word my mother used for penis when we were toddlers). This went on starting just before I entered puberty until he left for college.

Besides the usual direct "jokes" and ribbing, there was an ongoing "attitude" that had an impact on me. After a comment made by my older brother, my younger brother, Mark, lauded the fact that he had a larger penis over me. I don't understand the psychological dynamics, but after my older brother went to college, my younger brother (3 1/2 years younger btw) somehow stepped into an older brother role. I acknowledge that this probably had as much to do with my own feelings of inadequacy as anything he did, but nevertheless it happened and I know that contributed to my feelings of "being less a man" in comparison. I suspect some guys here get this totally, but other people wouldn't understand. It used to just eat me alive that Mark had a bigger penis. He didn't have to even say anything, sometimes his expression said it all.

As adults I explained to him once how his actions really damaged by self-esteem. He remember teasing me, and he said that he knew that it bothered me, and he even remembered a few instances--like when he "outed" me in front of his friends, but really didn't "get" what a big deal it was to me--especially to be teased by younger peers. He did apologize, sincerely, I believe, and we are good friends now. I realize that I gave my power away, but I just didn't know how to cope functionally at the time.

Anyways, I have come to believe that parents really do need to monitor what their children say to one another. Parents need to teak their children how to deal with bullies and teasing. It's going to happen, and not all children--especially the ones who do get picked on--are able to defend themselves. Sibling rivalries are often viewed as "normal" and often the impact of what is done is minimized.

[interesting how neutral you sound in your post, Terry. Do you think this trace memory had a significant impact on how you view your own penis--how you developed as a sexual being?]

Hi Happy Interesting that you felt I was neutral in my posting. Yes I guess you could be right about that but I think the fact that i did not start puberty until 15-16 and was in a locker room situation with well developed boys of my age and a little younger probably had a greater affect on how I saw myself as a man. And the fact that I never saw any guys (except one when I was 16) as small as me until I was 60 years old did not help my perception of my penis size although nowadays I do not worry who sees me nude or what they think of my size.

Terry

I don't think I've replied to this thread so here it goes.....

Never got a chance to see my father's manhood. He makes an effort to cover up while he's in boxers, almost comically. So I'm not sure if he's also small, average or a little larger than average.

My bro, well haven't seen his since I was very young so my perception is skewed. I remember him being thick though.

i have seen both my brother's and my father's penis. the first time i saw my dad's penis was when we were staying in a hotel. i had just finished taking a shower and we were in a hurry so he decided to come ahead in and get undressed. i was about 13 so my penis had not really started growing yet. when he took off his underwear and i got out of the shower i noticed that he had a small penis of about 1.5 inches erect. he quickly noticed that i was a little bigger than him at about 2 inches. i think him being naked in front of his 13 year old son with a slightly larger penis and no signs of puberty might have embarrased him. he then quickly got in the shower as to hide it. not much later i saw my brother getting in to the shower and he was close to my dads size at about 1.5 inches flaccid. he however did not see me then. since then i have grown to almost 3.5 inches flaccid so im a little bigger than both of them.

I'm the last of seven boys and three sisters. Before my dad's health and mass went downhill (he was 74 the first time, lived to 82) I would see his morning wood, knowing full well he was enjoying it some days. Looked like a faded copy of my dick when it would escape his boxers. I'm two shades darker than my dad ever was, more like my grandfather.

Anyway, most of what I've seen of my brothers was as a kid and little as a teen. I'd guess we range from six to eight hard(ish) but shrink. I do remember my oldest brother visiting from overseas for an aniversery party. We'd packed into my parent's house for the weekend and he and his wife had one room alone, all the kids in another. The first day he was in the old tub and I had to pee. I knocked, got permission and went to release. He said, "That looks familliar." and shook his package at me. Sure enough, even though he is a foot taller than me his limp member looked just like mine. I told him he should be glad to not need to see mine any more. He told me he didn't care as long as no more diapers were involved.lol.gif He also commented that his seven foot tall body still hated that tub.tonofbricks.gif

Holy crap, there's ten of you? (And your brother is seven feet tall!?! You mention your grandfather being darker, is there some Sasquatch in the family?)

Dunno why, but I found myself both amused and moved by those sentences above, and wondering suddenly what the hell a "Riftalope" is (sounds no less arbitrary than, say, the idiotic tag "bearatory"). My automatic association is with one of the oddball fantasy novels I wrote in high school (the "Rift" was some sort of black-hole like thing that also served as a time tunnel but also had a bad habit of disgorging killer meteors or some such. Perhaps I'll go back to it and call them "riftalopes!" Nah, there's almost nothing useful to be mined from those books except to see how little I've changed, just learned some better words.)

Holy crap, there's ten of you? (And your brother is seven feet tall!?! You mention your grandfather being darker, is there some Sasquatch in the family?)

Yep, my father's side of the family is PRO-lific! Most of them having at least six kids and a distant cousin with fourteen. That's part of why I kind of curbed my seeking sex when I was a teen. I always got the feeling I'd be stuck with somebody when I turned twenty otherwise. I had a brother turn fifty and make four more nephews for me in three years' time. (A pair of twins.) I don't have to worry about our name dying out.

wondering suddenly what the hell a "Riftalope" is (sounds no less arbitrary than, say, the idiotic tag "bearatory"). My automatic association is with one of the oddball fantasy novels I wrote in high school (the "Rift" was some sort of black-hole like thing that also served as a time tunnel...

Close enough. I play RPGs like the old Dungeons & Dragons and one of the gaming systems is called R.I.F.T.S. with dimensional holes all over the world mucking things up. In one game session our characters waited on a hilltop and watched the riftalopes in the valley eating the trees, whole. I've been accused of that kind of appetite so I took it as one of my web names.

Ignorance is bliss... Say no to drugs.

I've only seen my father naked once, and my brothers a few times before they hit puberty. My brothers and I are all within a 5 year age difference, although I've never seen them fully naked, I have seen them in their underwear, I am the oldest and I am very sure I am the smallest as well. Hope that helps. It seems to vary even among bros.