Site Name / Site Mission

JTT

MHO, I liked it the first time I saw it. It made me wonder what kind of people came to a small dick site having stumbled on it by accident. I was pleased to find fine people come here and that whether the name in any of it's forms is used God is here too. I didn't think of it as a cross at first then was glad it might be.

Thom -- God will continue to be here regardless of the presence of the "cross". The word of God is expressed in many messages and will continue. I think many of us believe in God although some do not. But my God or your God may not be the same God. And, no doubt, some of us are agnostic.

The cross is a Christian symbol - not a symbol of God's presence here. But that is not my objection to it. I object to it because it could give the impression on first glace that this might be a Christian discussion group, but with a very strange and odd twist --- discussing the size of one's dick. I wonder if the thought of religious redicule ever crossed the minds of first time visitors. I know of two instances in which it did. lol.gif

• 2 months later...

So, as far as I can see, the ruler part of the old logo

is totally gone -- right? (I only see the "MEASURECTION"

word now.) This is quite fine with me. But I've seen

some recent posts still referring to the cross image,

so maybe my browser is doing something funny.

I like how the whole site looks, a lot.

No the ruler "cross" is gone. Some of the old mods still have the cross logo in place of their picture. All mods and admins here have the ruler in our signatures.

Some way old posts have been recently brought back to the top, so maybe that's where you've seen it. wink.gif

smile.gif

I just found out that I should be Jewish after taking the religion analysis from Rants and Raves. Therefore, I think we should substitute the Star of David for the cross at NeoMail. lol.gif Equal time you know. <Rick ducks as Sean throws one of his favorites from his extensive dildoe collection> roflmao.gif

• 2 years later...
Sean, in deference to you, I would vote, Keep the cross... The decision is yours. You are our "king." Long live the king!

The cross is back!! Well not exactly:

The irony of all this past furor over the cross is that the "T"/cross represents the *phallus(=penis + testes), as I have shown in my OFF TOPIC Travel Forum Cosmic post Ancient Egypt 1. I hope you enjoy my post.

lol Cosmic cool.gif

Figure 1 below shows the cross in its primitive form. Go to my post Ancient Egypt 1 for further details about the Ankh.

post-38165-15204836376459_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

To the ancient Egyptians, the ankh symbol -- a hieroglyph "“ meant 'Life'. Egyptologists still puzzle over the precise origin of this sign from the ancient world. The ankh is a fascinating hybrid of two nearly universal symbols, ones found in many cultures all over the world, the cross and the circle. The shape of the ankh suggests the sunrise, with the loop depicting the sun rising over the horizon, symbolized by the crossbar, with the vertical line representing the path of the sun. One theory holds that its unique shape represents the male and female gods, Osiris and Isis. The cross stood for the male phallus and testicles, while the oval signified the womb. The joining together of the cross and the circle represents the union of heaven and earth. The ankh has also been called the 'belt-buckle' of Isis. Also, the 'sandal strap', if you can visualize loop around the ankle. The ankh also symbolized the water used in purification rituals. Metal mirrors were sometimes shaped like the ankh sign, perhaps reflecting the belief that life and death mirror each other. It was also worn as an amulet for magical protection.

Many of the gods of ancient Egypt that were carved and painted in tombs and temples were shown holding the ankh, along with the sceptre. One such painting shows Isis holding the ankh sign in front of the mummy of a deceased member of the royal family. This gesture was believed to symbolize the breath of life eternal. With the passage of time, the ankh came to symbolize life-giving water and air, and the power of the universe.

When the Egyptian era was eclipsed by the Christian in the Middle-East, the pagan ankh was adapted by the Egyptian Copts as their own unique crux ansata (cross with a handle). It became the crucifix symbol in the Coptic Church, representing the hope of future life and resurrection, and at the same time acknowledging the link to previous religions and beliefs of Egypt. In later years, it came to be known as the Egyptian Cross and the 'key of life', its key-like shape inspiring the belief that it could unlock the gates of death.

Today the ankh is a favourite with Neo-pagan spiritual groups. This ancient symbol is sometimes blended with theological concepts and appears as such in the sacred seal in the occult world. Its unique and dramatic shape, its history, and its association with life, death, and the hereafter, have made it popular in the world of fantasy fiction, video games and comics, especially with Goth overtones.

This symbol called the ankh or Coptic cross goes way back. I read somewhere years ago that it represents the male and female genitals and pictures the penis (horizontal bar) penetrating the vagina (the circle and slit)

post-65016-15204856736235_thumb.jpg

post-65016-1520485673636_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all, as a new member/user pardon the pun, I enjoyed reading your mission statement and history behind the name. It is an unusual name for a site of this sort but that is good I think.

I have had low self esteem most of my life because of how I was raised and the bullying I got in school and never feeling like my Dad was on my side.

But this site has a good mission statement and I agree there are various things that affect people so it is good to have a site to go to for encouragement and support! :mrfoot: :thumbup: :goodpoint:

• 6 years later...

The current logo is actually a pair of footprints in the sand.  They do form an "M" for Measurection.  The orientation of the  footprints represent shame, being ashamed, or shyness. Something many of us have felt about a part of our bodies for most of our lives.

The footprints were part of a new logo introduced in 2007 along with the slogan "no shame."

MR_NoShame.gif

The slogan was later replaced by "... discussing man at length."  For a more complete explanation of the logo, see the post Footprints posted on September 6, 2007 by site founder @Sean.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 4:24 AM, RodEnuf said:

The logo is actually a pair of footprints in the sand.  They do form an "M" for Measurection.  The orientation of the  footprints represent shame, being ashamed, or shyness. Something many of us have felt about a part of our bodies for most of our lives.

The footprints were part of a new logo introduced in 2007 along with the slogan "no shame."

MR_NoShame.gif

The slogan was later replaced by "... discussing man at length."  For a more complete explanation of the logo, see the post Footprints posted on September 6, 2007 by site founder @Sean.

Alan, you remember that better than I do!  I'd forgotten the "no shame" tagline. :)

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2020 at 2:24 AM, RodEnuf said:

The logo is actually a pair of footprints in the sand.  They do form an "M" for Measurection.  The orientation of the  footprints represent shame, being ashamed, or shyness. Something many of us have felt about a part of our bodies for most of our lives.

MR_NoShame.gif

That's actually a lot more thoughtful than I imagined. I knew they were foot prints but I didn't realize why they were cockeyed like that. "Discussing men at length" is an award worthy tagline.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...