What do you consider to be "BIG"?

I've often wondered, seeing as how alot of men are preoccupied with the size of their dicks, and how they measure up in the long run, what would you, personally, consider to be big? This is a purely subjective question, and referring to any kind of scientific study, or something like that, is not necessary. Basically, if you feel that your dick is small, then in inches, what is your idea of a big one?

Well now if this a subjective question here is my subjective answer for others to "weight out" or "measure out".

Since I likely reside in the Dwarf Dick arena everything beyond 2 inch flaccid 4+ inch erect and 5+ girth might fall up into the BIG moniker...

Given that I grew up with and discovered a close neighborhood friend who at puberty age 11 had a 6 inch flaccid and 8+ inch erect cicumsized penis

By age 18 when we joined the US Navy he had blossomed into a 7 inch flaccid 6+ girth and a penis of 11+ proportions with hugh balls...this was confirmed by using his mothers sewing cabinet cloth measturing tape (in our puberty years)...

After our military service days he confided in me that the "Jolly Green Giant" size penis was more of problem then we would think...mainly being the brunt of size jokes and women who were down right fearful of engaging in sex with a "big" penis...

James

Horny here in the Heartland of the USA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just over 4.5 x 3.5 when erect, and I always thought anything over 5.5 x 4 was big.

I was later informed that 5.5 x 4 was more like average to low average to be considered big it would be more like 6.5 x 5. But still, when I happen to see a guy who is 5.5 x 4 or large I think to myself wouldn't it be great to be that BIG.

Well considering my penis at the 60 y/o mark can tip a measurable 5+ inch erection with girth of 5.5 inch and a suitable pair of balls...Lady lovers say that I have a sporty looking penis that is just right for oral sex and more....

I would consider a lifelong neighborhood) male friend who at age 11-12 sported 7+ inch erection and girth of 6 inchs (we varified with mothers sewing cabinet cloth sewing tape ) as being really BIG.

By the time we enrolled in the US Navy, at age 19 he told me that he had erections that tipped 10+ inches with girth of 6.5+ inchs.

I had no reason to doubt his word because he had to wear guy off jean shorts to cover up his "sword" during the summer months.

James

Hot n Horny

Here in the Heartland of the USA

Most everyone here thinks that 6+ is big but over on the other site anything less than 7 is small. There just doesn't seem to be any census on what is small - average - large. Even the size surveys can't come to an agreement on size. I guess what I and everyone else need to learn is that if your partner is satisfied than your big enough.

• 11 years later...

On 1/16/2007 at 8:45 AM, sod153 said:

I think that the idea of being big also has to do with the relationship to the size of your body. I have always thought that I was small at 6.75" length and 6" circumference because I am a big guy and it looks small on me. I am 6'2" 230 lbs so it just looks normal or smallish on my stature. On someone in the mid 5' range it would look huge. Just my $.02

@sod153 this is interesting to me. Now I know I'm well endowed, but I am 6'4" and around 230lbs, and I also don't think my penis looks especially large on my frame. My hands are large too, fwiw. This doesn't particularly bother me, but it does show that perception is all relative.

I found the following graphic on https://unravelingsize.wordpress.com/ really good, showing how a penis looks smaller on larger frame.

height_simulation_spectrum.jpg

Appearance of relative size and actual size are two different things. The proportion of girth and length is one factor; body to penis ratio is another.  in terms of actual size,  I'd say 7 inches in length is large and 5.5 inches in girth is large as well. 

@g0nz0 That's a great illustration showing how body frame can change size perception. I have a very broad muscular frame and very big hands so my penis seems smaller on me and in my hands.

I think this is one of the reasons that I went on to develop dysmorphia as my issues first began in my late teens, the very point where I was filling out big time, becoming very broad and muscular probably due to the job I had in the meat industry, carrying about carcasses of sheep, pigs and cattle which aren't light! This is what I blame on my "shovel" hands as some call them! 

I suppose, logically speaking anything above the top of the average scale at 6.1" should be considered large, so 6.2" and beyond. But I know most of society don't see this as large, they see this as some sort of average. 

Many people either don't know or don't believe that 5.2" is the most common or mode average size. As for girth, many have no idea of an average girth, so whilst a specific girth to one seems thick, it may not seem that to another. I've been told I have quite a thick one, but my stats say just an average girth so I don't consider it thick. It's all down to perception. 

My view on BIG is like many others, over 7" in length and over 5.5" in girth. My view on large however is over 6.1" in length and over 5" in girth. 

I think "big" is determined by both girth and whether you're soft or hard. I'm in a few nudist groups with all shapes and sizes. For me personally, I'm always on the smaller side when soft, with length (less than 2") and girth (less than 4") . Even the other smaller guys have more girth than I do. When we are erect, I'm more in the larger group with 6.5" length and 5.5" girth.

https://imgur.com/dCL9GeD

https://imgur.com/y7p3pyR

@niks4 That's an excellent and fair answer, if you are used to looking at your own, which we all are, then whatever size that is it becomes the baseline from which you make a comparison. If every other penis exceeds that baseline then you naturally view them as big.

I'd never thought of it that way before which surprises me. Looking at it logically, "bigger" than your own should then become "big" and I usually apply logic in my thoughts but did not on this topic! 

I particularly like the "variations of big" part of your comment! 

;)

On 11/8/2018 at 8:36 AM, Red Scott said:

@niks4 That's an excellent and fair answer, if you are used to looking at your own, which we all are, then whatever size that is it becomes the baseline from which you make a comparison. If every other penis exceeds that baseline then you naturally view them as big.

I'd never thought of it that way before which surprises me. Looking at it logically, "bigger" than your own should then become "big" and I usually apply logic in my thoughts but did not on this topic! 

I particularly like the "variations of big" part of your comment! 

;)

For me it's the exact opposite. Dicks that are significantly smaller than mine, let's say 6 inches and below, look small to me despite definitely being above average. So as you say my size became the baseline for comparisons even though I know that above average sizes cannot be small per definition. Pretty weird.

9 hours ago, Curious52 said:

I have to say that to me with my lack of experience,  I would have to say no more than 6" and no thicker than 1.25" ,  anyone bigger than that is huge to me.

Assuming a cylindrical shape a thickness/diameter of 1.25" would equal a girth/circumference of only 3.925".
So do you consider everything above 6x4" as huge then? Or did I misunderstood you there?