What do you consider to be "BIG"?

• 2 months later...

If an erect penis is anywhere close to being 7” long and if your finger and thumb won’t touch when grabbing it by the shaft and squeezing.....it’s BIG! Totally non-scientific method but I think it’s still a fairly accurate way to determine if one is BIG...or not. Anyway, “big” is usually in the eye of the beholder.

10 hours ago, RodEnuf said:

Since average is somewhere between 5.1 and 5.5 inches, anything over 5.5 inches is larger than average.  And I'd say that any erect length above 6.5 inches is large.

Alan G

I would totally concur with those measurements! Anything over 6.5" is after all, quite rare! 

1 hour ago, canuck45 said:

@Allen43 But I have huge hands. Toilet paper roll 5" circumference.  My finger and thumb create a circle with 7.5" circumference.  Not large...HUGE.  LOL

I have the same issue, very big hands. Holding not only my own but anyone else's penis and suddenly they look so much smaller. It's the same in photos that's why I keep my hands out of the picture. So many people say "hands like shovels" to me, I think it's down to being a butcher from leaving school at 16 up to the age of 25 when I changed professions, all that heavy lifting and using great big knives and meat cleavers all day long! 

19 minutes ago, Red Scott said:

I would totally concur with those measurements! Anything over 6.5" is after all, quite rare! 

I am still amazed to read this.  When in the past 3 years I've only seen 3 young men that was packing less than 6.5. Most of these guys were 7 or a bit bigger.  As stated in a previous thread I believe that this younger generation is producing well hung men. Enough so that if there was another mass size study focusing on 18 to 29 we would see an increase on what is considered average.

@micromattuk Where were you hiding that?   That's the reaction from a 23 y/o virgin bride.   I din't think it was anything special.   As a str8 man I'd never seen any.  There was no internet.     With computers it's safe to say I was a late bloomer.  What did I search when I finally got one?  What every man is curious about.  Penis size.  Believe it or not the result was a surprise.  I just assumed other men had what I had.  

As far as I’m concerned I think that “big” is all pretty much a matter of perspective. What I might consider to be a “big” penis might not seem very big at all to someone else. And I’m not just talking about “bigger than me” either. There are plenty of guys with penises somewhat larger than mine that even I would still consider to be small. Just look at the charts. They are I think, for the most part, indicative of the correct percentages of sizes. I love these discussions by the way. It generally boils down to a matter of opinion but then again there are those guys whose things are so large no discussion is really necessary, just a collective “WOW!” suffices. 

16 hours ago, aquarock said:

I am still amazed to read this.  When in the past 3 years I've only seen 3 young men that was packing less than 6.5. Most of these guys were 7 or a bit bigger.  As stated in a previous thread I believe that this younger generation is producing well hung men. Enough so that if there was another mass size study focusing on 18 to 29 we would see an increase on what is considered average.

How do you "come by" the men you have seen?  Most likely there is a self selection process.

4 hours ago, overthehill said:

How do you "come by" the men you have seen?  Most likely there is a self selection process.

I'm not sure what a self selection process is.  Most of these men I've met on grindr or scruff. Recently met a man who has 5. I was surprised. Usually I'm the smaller one. The argument that only well hung men go to dating apps is crazy because I'm on them and i'm 5.5.  However, my point was I've seen my size or smaller on men 30+ but the younger guys say under 30. That generation seems to be well hung.  My friend who is short in stature, 5'4" and packing 7.5 mentioned that he typically meets men with 8 to 10 inches and there isn't a shortage or rarity. He swears they're everywhere with the younger men. We talk candid about what these young guys are packing even though we don't hook up with each other. 

1 hour ago, aquarock said:

I'm not sure what a self selection process is.  Most of these men I've met on grindr or scruff. Recently met a man who has 5. I was surprised. Usually I'm the smaller one. The argument that only well hung men go to dating apps is crazy because I'm on them and i'm 5.5.  However, my point was I've seen my size or smaller on men 30+ but the younger guys say under 30. That generation seems to be well hung.  My friend who is short in stature, 5'4" and packing 7.5 mentioned that he typically meets men with 8 to 10 inches and there isn't a shortage or rarity. He swears they're everywhere with the younger men. We talk candid about what these young guys are packing even though we don't hook up with each other. 

Self-selection means they are on grinder or scruff by their own choice and most likely are far more active sexually than a random sample would be and more confident to be so because they have larger than average cocks.  You are an exception, most likely.  Not crazy that exceptions exist, such as yourself!

Samo, samo.  

Bronxy and Zane our long lost active women here said they seldom saw less than 6" and many of their partners were huge.   If they went by their personal experience they would think most guys are packing.

Edited by Guest

@aquarock it's simply not a viable theory that in just one generation, the natural average size of the human penis would suddenly increase.

Its a viable theory that evolution can change the natural average size of the human penis, but evolution takes much, much more than one generation to change anything in the genetic makeup of any living thing. 

8 hours ago, Restoredude said:

@Restoredude: Did you bother to read the description of the size study?  The subjects were all self selected and they reported their own size.  This is the most unreliable type of study possible.  The most likely reason for the large "average" in some states is either that smaller endowed guys are more shy in those states so they didn't participate or that the guys who did participate are bigger liars than those in other states.

You are at least an inch larger than the average reported by medically reliable studies.

Alan G