Nude modelling...Gulp.

Well, life just keeps getting more interesting...First I find out my little brother's penis dwarfs mine, and now this.

Earlier today my friend Jessie(She's an art major at the community college we go to) called me with a problem, she told me that her drawing class needs a model(apparently the guy that was scheduled to do it got mono or something), and when she asked me I was in kind of a hurry to get to work on time, so I just blindly agreed to do it without asking any questions, because she told me I'd get paid. So she set it up with the teacher, and the teacher called me a few hours ago to make sure everything works out and she told me to be in the class tomorrow morning at 10:15. Alright. And for modeling I'll get paid $100. Very nice indeed. I asked the teacher what I should wear and at this point, she informed me I'll be modelling completely bare assed naked(Not a direct quote.). For a class of about 25-30 people. Quite a few of which I know. And they'll be looking at everything. And I'm actually really nervous now because I'm not too keen on the idea of showing all these people my 2 inch soft one(Actually, the art building is ridiculously cold so it'll probably shrink to like 1 inch...And depending on how nervous I get, it might just dissapear completely). So I'm a little worried about showing it off to all these people. Especially considering I'll just be standing there fully displayed.

AND, this is the cherry on top of the ice cream cake, the best drawings in the class go on display in this glass case thing in the hall. It's like one of three major projects through the year where the teacher selects like the five best and displays them. So it's not just these 30 or so people who'll be seeing me naked, anyone who happens to walk down the art hallway will get a good look at just how little I've got down there.

I thought about backing out, but it's TOMORROW morning, and I don't want to get my friend or the other people in that class pissed off by leaving them with no model...

Well, should be an interesting experience at least.

yah Dreysek has the right idea, i wouldn't look forward to it. But, it might make u grow as a person. Just act confidence and u should get ultimate respect - sexy.

Hey, just joke as ur walking in 'hey people, if you want to give me a few extra inches, feel free" with a smirk. Good luck and i hope it goes well.

From most of the drawings I've seen from my friend who's an illustration major, they don't really focus on the genitals of the model. Yes, they'll shade pubic hair in (if you don't shave), maybe do a vague outline of your stuff. But the idea of a nude model is body anatomy, not anatomy of a penis. I know my friend doesn't draw the penis on his male models, just leaving a white 'box' - nor does he define between a woman's legs or even draw their nipples.

Bottom line is it's a timed drawing for them - they are more worried about their grade than your penis.

I'd consider it a complement if my nude pic won the art contest....think of it this way, you'll get paid $100, but you'll gain so much more by facing what many consider their worst fear. Look at everybody in the room and know that 99% wouldn't have the heart to do it themselves. Let that justification be your rock tomorrow.

Good luck, and enjoy it.

That is very brave. Even guys that have average or above average dicks would get nervous by such a proposition. The fact you are being stared at by 25+ people, all looking at you in detail to draw you can make almost anyone (even large) feel weird.

Personally, I don't recommend this guy do it, something makes me thing that this is going to backfire on him, perhaps someone in the drawing audience may giggle, or people may make comments toward each other, etc anything could happen that can warp your preparedness for it. Afterall, you have 25 unique individuals with different opinions, and all 25 could be different from you. People do talk later. Hopefully, these artists have been trained to be mature and confidential.

Well this was an experience. To say the least.

It went surprisingly well, although as soon as I took off the towel I had around the waist there were a few people giggling, and a couple people whispering to eachother(Because just as I suspected the cold combined with nerves made everything shrink to about half their normal size). But, they shut right up as soon as the teacher reminded them it was being timed...I got to see most of the pictures afterwards, most of them were full-body ones, or at least from the thigh up. And in all but maybe 2, my face was done surprisingly well...So it'll be interesting to see what happens when these things are put on display.

But bottom line...I got myself $100. Well, $70 and a new hoodie. But this isn't something I think I'd do again. It was so SO awkward. But surprisingly the worst part was just having to stand still for that long. My A.D.D. was going crazy..

Am I the only one who thinks the whole story is BS?

If you are making this up shame on you. I always assume someone is honest unless I have reason to doubt thei ntegrity of the person. I know, I know, its hard not to be cynical.

But if this is for real than I applaud your courage, especially in the face of your circumstances.

I will say this, I think smaller-endowed men often react to their situation in several ways. Some hide out, dont go out, don't have sex, and never take their pants off. Others do just the opposite as if to prove something to themselves or others.

I also know something about adrenaline junkies. If you got a rush from it, no matter what you say now, you will do it again and again. Be careful! Adrenaline is as addictive as any drug.

:blinkwide: :flame: Jeeze Millhouse, do we need one in EVERY crowd? Honestly!

I didn't have much to show until the middle of my first day modeling. I'm just glad it was a beautiful, warm day. Look up Riftalope in Flickr.com and some of the drawings are there. Sorry, but I got none of my frontal drawings. Maybe if I sign on to model again I'll make it part of the deal to get photos.

What would the purpose be to lie about posing for an art class. Falsehoods usually are for 2 purposes, boost self-image, or to get out of trouble.

People giggled so the story is false. I think that 'logic' would get an F in critical thinking and arguments.

If someone needs to say the posed and didn't to build courage big deal. Remember one method of succeeding is to visualize doing the task and its outcome, then you can put it into action. See the action, do the action. So maybe its just a mental exercise for now!

Nothing convinces me it is a falsehood and I choose to believe people until I have a good reason not too.

Alan, found him through the people search: http://www.flickr.com/photos/74501345@N00/

@Riftalope, some pretty good drawings there!

As for the people who think TFD is making it up, it's probably because the post begins by linking itself with another unusual event and continues to describe something that a lot of people here wouldn't have the courage to go through with. To those people, it's going to look unlikely because they can't imagine it ever happening in 'their world'.

Personally, a big WELL DONE to @TheFriarsDruggist for having the courage to go, it's a shame it was awkward but you sound like it wasn't too bad. As  @kuiltjes says, a lot of people laugh when they don't know what else to do, it's a way of saying "everything's all right" :)