Undershorts (of lack thereof)

For a variety of reasons, even though I have been wearing boxers for the last 20 years, this morning I had to wear a pair of briefs. What a difference! I was used to my balls hanging loose and free, and now they are supported. And I haven't even had the experience yet of having to dig around inside the fly to get my thang out to pee!

I was raised wearing tightie whities and changed to boxers when I was 38 (another story for another time). Took me a while to adjust, and I am sure that I prefer boxers now and will return to them tomorrow.

Which got me to thinking of another poll! ;) Of course the famous question "Boxers or briefs?" is too narrow. So here is my latest poll for you guys.

Well, I've been wearing my briefs for a couple of hours now, and I've noticed one other difference: I can feel the inside crotch of my slacks rubbing against my inner thighs and under my scrotum a bit. That certainly didn't happen with boxers!

I grew up wearing briefs then switched to boxers in college because they did not show your "thang" so much and I thought mine was the smallest in the world. Then a few months ago a steer (castrated bull) here on the farm kicked me in the nuts...ouch! When I was able to get in the car and go the the ER...the urologist told me to wear a jockstrap as underwear for a while. I liked the feel and support so much (after I healed) that I continue to wear a jock as underwear. I still sleep naked (in season) now that I am healed. When I go to the barn, I slip into a cup model for protection. When the Wisconsin winter returns I will probably wear the jock under my longjohns.

rodeobear

Edited by Guest

It's funny, because I chafed more with briefs (my thighs rubbed together more easily) than with boxers (where there is fabric between the thighs). I guess each guy's anatomy is different "down there"! ;)

History of my underwear...

Age 2 to 10 - Briefs, cuz my dad wears them

Age 11 to 15 - Boxers, they were really in then... the crazy colorful one. I had to have them for changing in gym, and they were on tv.

16 to 18 - Boxer-Briefs... the perfect balance... not sloppy looking, clean and attractive, and still allows freedom of boxers.

For the last 3 months I have worn Depend's, I still have little control of my voiding, thought it is getting better. Prostate cancer surgery can leave you incontent for a year or more.

The major problem is the cost is pretty high, at $11. for 16 and I'm currently using 4+ or - per day, so thats roughly $100 for a month.

Been there, done that, Dinky (check out my private topic to you), and it's in the past. Try store brands rather than name brands; I saved a lot of money that way. And hang in there!

Try store brands rather than name brands; I saved a lot of money that way.

Both Sam's Club and Costco have house brands. They're well made and well priced. I know because I was bought them for my mom for nearly a year from Sam's and now the CNA who cares for her buys them at Costco.

Alan G

• 2 months later...

Here's a question for you guys:

Once again I had to wear an old pair of briefs this morning since all the boxers I normally wear were in the laundry. And I realized that I really like the way my balls are supported. But I also realized that I missed having fabric on my upper thighs, between my legs.

Question: Does a boxer brief (called "trunks" in the UK) provide support for the balls as well as fabric on the upper thigh?

Thanks. This is a great site to ask such intimate questions! :)

I used to wear briefs, but thought them to be uncomfortable for long periods of time. Then I wore boxers, but feel like they were not supportive.

For the last several years I have worn boxer briefs and really prefer them over anything else.

I think if you used a bra with some modifications (straps to waistband) worn with one cup in front one in back, you would have all the support you need in front (vary the cup size) and the second cup would save having to go to the washroom for the whole day. Just fill it to the brim...

Mine varies. I answered "briefs" because that's what I wear most often. Favourite brand at the moment is C-IN2. They can be quite flattering.

I also have some of their boxer briefs.

Occasionally I would wear a jockstrap, perhaps even a leather one. But only if I am feeling naughty. :)

I seriously dislike loose boxers, they cause lots of trouble with the material bunching or tangling. It seems to me that their only purpose is to hide the male anatomy, which seems kind of silly with underclothes.

Thank you, men, for all your comments about boxer briefs. It's time soon for me to buy new underwear, and I will try boxer briefs for the first time. Wish me luck! (I have big balls, to balance the little dick.) Can't wait! :)

I'm a briefs guy, do wear boxers some of the time though. In briefs, i wear the old style Y front by jockey everything is supported. In boxers I can feel my cock wobbling as I walk. The best thing about boxers is they are good for having a pee....but most times I have to pull my pants down to have a pee so I don't get the benefit.

I do sometimes wear a jock when I'm cycling. And speedos if I haven't done the laundry.