after you cum

When you're 28, it takes 2 minutes. Add 30 more years, and the time goes down. smile.gif

Over the years, I've been with several guys who kept their hardons after cumming. How, I don't know. Majority start shrinking almost immediately, unless a certain other pary "encourages" them to keep going. tongue.gif

Jim Ryan

Whether or not your dick stays hard after ejaculation, and the time-lapse of total erection loss have nothing to do with the size of the penis. I believe age and/or physical fitness play more of a role in that department. However, I think a "small man's" ability to achieve and maintain an erection after reaching a certain age group is probably much better than a "big guy's."

"It's not how much meat you put in the pot; it's how you stir it that counts."

Don't think size really matters. My ex used to comment on the fact I stayed hard for 5 minutes with no more playing around or not completely lose erection at all if we kept on being passionate. However if we have been engaging in TONS of foreplay/oral till I was climbing the walls repeatedly each time but not reaching the peak, then when I cum its a gusher and I go soft within a minute.

ps also 46 years old, so not sure when a person is supposed to get older and take much longer to recover. I know it will happen but recovery time is still quite satisfactory.

With Luv Always

Adrian wink.gif

my 1st homepage http://www.geocities.com/canuck55

picture album http://www.picturetrail.com/canuck45

• 17 years later...

After shooting my wad from my tiny dick I go soft almost immediately.  My Son's horse cock stays hard forever it seems.  After shooting his wad it seems he is ready and able to go again with a hand job, blow job or intercourse without skipping a beat.  He's been know to cum several times an hour without going soft.  I don't know if his size contributes to that or not or if he is just a freak lol. 

9 hours ago, TabooSonDad said:

After shooting my wad from my tiny dick I go soft almost immediately.  My Son's horse cock stays hard forever it seems.  After shooting his wad it seems he is ready and able to go again with a hand job, blow job or intercourse without skipping a beat.  He's been know to cum several times an hour without going soft.  I don't know if his size contributes to that or not or if he is just a freak lol. 

I'm like you in that regard.

I've been criticisized by women far more often for going soft immediately after coming and not being able to recover for more play than for size.

I too can't help but wonder if it correlates to size in some way.

@TabooSonDad The "refractory period" as its known (the time between ejaculation and regaining an erection) has nothing whatsoever to do with penis size. What does affect this is the level of sex hormones and testosterone in the blood stream. High levels shorten the refractory period and sometimes there's no period at all and the penis stays hard after ejaculation. 

Youth will always be a contributer because we are more likely to have high levels of sex hormones released during sexual activity. Another factor is how much sleep hormone (melatonin) is dumped into the blood stream after sex, some guys release huge amounts and this increases the refractory period, sometimes massively. This doesn't mean a guy lacks virility or sexual prowess, on the contrary, it's simply something we have no control over! 

Is there any study of whether size correclates to testosterone level in adult men? 

It is thought that testosterone level while in the womb at a certain developmental point is the cause of a large penis.

@overthehill it's interesting that you ask this question for two reasons, I've read studies on this and the hormone imbalances in the womb affecting males. 

In adult males testosterone levels are driven purely by the testicles. There's outside factors that can affect (increase) testosterone levels such as sex drive, sexual activity, physical exercise, and good balanced diet with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. This list isn't exhaustive.

Some outside factors that decrease testosterone levels are poor diet, poor health, lack of exercise, stress, depression, anxiety, poor sex drive, lack of sexual activity, drug use and abuse (illegal and prescription) and alcohol abuse. This list isn't exhaustive. So the only link to being well endowed and high testosterone levels would be (perhaps) a greater frequency of sexual activity. But the studies I've read found no conclusive evidence for a correlation between penis size and T-levels. 

The interesting point you made was the second one. Where there's no family history on either side, thus no genetic link to being well endowed, lots of evidence has been found that suggests hormonal imbalances do affect the penis size of the developing foetus. It's not just testosterone though, it's a complex mix of hormones and androgens that can lead to a well endowed male. It's not fully understood what drives this imbalance though. 

In males where micro-penis is present for instance, it's well understood that this too is caused by the same hormonal imbalance but kind of in a reverse order. The cause/s of this hormonal imbalance IS understood though and is purely driven by outside factors. Some of these are alcohol dependancy/abuse, amphetamine abuse, heroine abuse, the abuse/dependancy of some prescription drugs (some of these drugs are now banned due to a link being found) severe deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals and some health conditions, again this list isn't exhaustive. 

Getting back to this imbalance and well endowed males, there's increasing evidence that this very same imbalance is a main contributer in males that display homosexual traits in late childhood and into adulthood. There's a disproportionate amount of well endowed males that identify as homosexual (or "gay" if you prefer) in comparison to the overall homosexual male population versus that of the population of males that identify as heterosexual (or "straight" if you prefer) 

So some evidence does suggest the right hormonal imbalance will result in a well endowed male, but that these same males have an increased likelihood of being homosexual in adulthood. The studies did stress that this is by no means understood as not all of these males have their sexuality affected as around 30% of subjects studied identified as heterosexual. 

It was very complex in all of the aspects that I read and some of the points went beyond my understanding and knowledge! 

I'll leave it there I think! 

2 hours ago, Red Scott said:

I'll leave it there I think! 

My mother was abusing amphetamines when she was pregnant with me.  She dipped into my father's ration which was supplied by the Navy in WWII.  She always feigned narcolepsy to continue her habit.  I've read amphetamines counteract testosterone.  

3 hours ago, Red Scott said:

There's a disproportionate amount of well endowed males that identify as homosexual (or "gay" if you prefer) in comparison to the overall homosexual male population versus that of the population of males that identify as heterosexual (or "straight" if you prefer) 

Ah!  the Large Penis Support Group (lpsg.com) explained!  

As Ernst Rohm, leader of Hitler's SA steet fighters, said: any sissy can fuck a woman.  It takes a real man to fuck a man.  (Or he was reputed to say or think something like that)  

@overthehill Amphetamines don't counteract testosterone per se, they cause a rise in estrogen levels, which is of course the main female hormone. All men have a natural estrogen level which is kept in check under normal circumstances by testosterone. Much like alcohol does, amphetamines seem to trigger a rise in estrogen which cancels out a proportion of testosterone. Long term amphetamine abuse can severely raise estrogen levels thus affect testosterone levels and this goes for the male feotus too when the mother is an abuser. 

This is the reason that along with the feeling of euphoria, male users also report an increased feeling of empathy towards others and many will agree that this is a very female trait. Alcohol can cause a rapid rise in estrogen with more severe effects, if you look at male alcoholics you'll notice most have noticible "moobs" (man boobs) because high levels of estrogen in males encourages the growth of breast tissue as well as a thicker layering of body fat!

Ever noticed that the morning after a night of heavy drinking you feel unusually horny? Well, that's your body's response to raised estrogen, a signal to increase testosterone production is sent to the testicles, the resulting "flood" increases your sex drive and levels of arousal! 

As you know your mother was an abuser of amphetamines whilst pregnant with yourself  there's a strong likelihood that hormonal imbalances occurred and affected aspects of your in-uterine development to one degree or another. This could have affected visible male physical traits or caused endocrine issues throughout life. There may be no development issues or lasting endocrine issues at all, it's a real life lottery for women and her unborn child to continue substance abuse whilst pregnant! 

1 hour ago, Red Scott said:

@overthehill Amphetamines don't counteract testosterone per se, they cause a rise in estrogen levels, which is of course the main female hormone.

The word used in the medical article I read was "agonist", ie. that amphetamines are a testosterone agonist.  I am no expert on the exact mechanisms, but it seems you are confirming the general concept.   Looking at definition maybe I was confused.  May have been antagonist.  However, you are saying amphetamines don't even affect T receptors directly, but act through estrogen receptors.

I also had a period of "wanting to be a girl" as a pre-school toddler and thinking that I could do so by resisting having my hair cut!  Girls have long hair, boys have short hair!

Edited by Guest
Confusion!

17 hours ago, Krantz53 said:

I shrink back to a 'normal' size immediately after an orgasm and always have done.

Only time I have a normal flaccid almost my erect size which last only a very short time.  Then, empties of blood and retracts!

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When the wife and I used to have intercourse 2 or 3 times in a row my penis would stay 80% erect and with her stroking it I would be ready for intercourse again in about 10 minutes. Two or three orgasms in about 1 hour very intense pleasure. Now that I am only masturbating my penis does not return to its flaccid size for at least 10 to 20 minutes. Varies each time after I ejaculate.

If I edge for a while and cum, I'm still 50% hard after about 10 minutes and fully flaccid after 15 minutes. But I've had talented guys give me oral combined with slow masturbating who, after I ejaculate, can keep me between 100-80% erect and with the right techniques, bring me to orgasm 3-4 more times within 10-15 minutes, even if I'm not fully erect. After the last orgasm, my entire body feels exhausted... but it is worth it :P