Exercise and "shrinkage"

I'm curious if other guys have experienced excessive penis "shrinkage" after strenuous exercise, such as working out at the gym. I don't have a small penis (when erect), but I'm certainly not impressing anyone in the locker room. When guys stare, I know it's for the wrong reason!

I'd be happy to share some related experiences, if anyone is interested...

Yeah, I have the same problem. If it's hot ( or at least not cold) and I'm relaxed my flaccid is somewhere between 3-4 inches, which is good. But after gym class, we have to shower and then my penis always shrinks a lot !

I work out 4 days a week pretty intensely and supplement. After my work out and all the blood being pumped to other parts of my body my penis is often laughable too. I'm usually one of the biggest guys in the gym and usually draw a lot of attention so I used to worry about my huge frame and very soft lifeless dick during my workout. the best thing you can do is learn to laugh at yourself and not worry about if other people are looking at you. fuck em if they are. all men, big and small worry about how they are perceived by their peers and judge themselves the harshest. do you fuck the rest

I too am a member of the club. After working out, I am the smallest. Often a quick tug will help the hang a bit, but I am still really thin after a work out. A little better after the shower and sometimes even working on a little chub by the end of the shower too. I guess I should not let my mind wonder so much.

But I won't complain as long as I don't get too worked up:)

I work out 4 days a week pretty intensely and supplement. After my work out and all the blood being pumped to other parts of my body my penis is often laughable too. I'm usually one of the biggest guys in the gym and usually draw a lot of attention so I used to worry about my huge frame and very soft lifeless dick during my workout. the best thing you can do is learn to laugh at yourself and not worry about if other people are looking at you. fuck em if they are. all men, big and small worry about how they are perceived by their peers and judge themselves the harshest. do you fuck the rest

It must be nice to have an 8 inch erect and 5 inch soft penis (and 6 plus inches around). I guess size is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Took this picture after getting home following a workout:

http://pics.dick.net/gallery/45911.jpg

Yes, I too suffer from extreme shrinkage from exercise syndrome. I think there are a lot of guys like us, though. I don't stare, but I'd say 1/2 the guys in the locker room are pretty small after working out. Usually not as small as me, though.

Shrinkage during and after a workout is normal, it is just the body's way of protecting itself. I also suffer from shrinkage when running, biking and swimming. My nuts retreat so much it is painful. Don't worry about the showers afterwards, most guys will not say anything and most know just what we are suffering.

It must be nice to have an 8 inch erect and 5 inch soft penis (and 6 plus inches around). I guess size is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Exactly what I was thinking...

And since you ALSO have eight inches, I suppose you are one happy camper. Do I see a trend here? Suddenly everyone is a sand bagger - lol

OMG! Thank God it's not just me! Everytime I work out my penis becomes pretty much non-existent... I'm serious, it like goes down to an inch! I felt like such a loser at the gym getting changed... I had to turn around... Thank god it goes back to normal with in 30 minutes.

Yep-- "non-existent" is about right in my case as well, but I try not to become overly embarrassed about it.

Took this picture after getting home following a workout:

http://pics.dick.net/gallery/45911.jpg

Yes, I too suffer from extreme shrinkage from exercise syndrome. I think there are a lot of guys like us, though. I don't stare, but I'd say 1/2 the guys in the locker room are pretty small after working out. Usually not as small as me, though.

Thanks for the pic, Mikey; mine looks a lot like that too when it shrinks, even though I'm circumcised.

And since you ALSO have eight inches, I suppose you are one happy camper. Do I see a trend here? Suddenly everyone is a sand bagger - lol

So what, guys with big dicks don't have insecurities? I thought this was supposed to be an open, honest, accepting community for guys to vent their issues, but it seems like anything a guy with over 5" says seems to be completely disregarded, which is total hypocritical bullshit. If you want to be heard and appreciated yourself, it helps to act the same toward others.

Size issues, first of all, are a state of mind. I'm insecure about my looks and my personality, and even though I know that I have no reason to be, it still happens all the time. And it would really help to have a place to talk that out with people who won't judge me NOR brush it off as me trying to brag.

Just because some of these guys have dicks bigger than you doesn't mean their complaints and insecurities aren't valid, and it definitely doesn't give you the authority to just write them off or make snide comments.

I'm not saying this applies to everyone in the forum, 'cause there are a lot of great guys on here who really have something great to say about everyone, but the exceptions really are dampening the feeling of community this place once held.

Yes, mine shrinks during exercise. Smaller than average normally, exercise will leave just the head showing and bike riding is the worst, its been known to completely disappear.

It's funny you should say that. It's worst for me too after a long bike ride, especially on a cold day. The first time it happened, it really freaked me out.

I had just gotten home, and was in the bathroom getting ready for a shower, when I happened to look in the mirror. My penis was completely gone-- even the head had totally drawn in. All that remained looked like a tiny, wrinkled, foreskin. Talk about a shock!

You're right - all endowments are welcome here. This site is here to discuss all insecurities that men possess, and to help them to feel better about themselves.

I have other insecurities, too, that would still be present regardless of my penis size. Even my penis size insecurities are really unjustified, seeing as how I am perfectly adequate, despite being less-endowed.

The point is that most insecurities are strictly in someone's head, and not legitimate issues. Until you work on yourself at the source, the mind, it will not get better, and that is why we are here.

• 2 weeks later...
...The strangest feeling is the "numb penis" I get sometimes from using the bikes at the gym.

You should be cautious about numbness when biking. It is caused by pressure being placed on the nerve and blood vessels between the sack and anus. It can also cause permanent damage too if your not careful. Not sure if there will be any, but they make bike seats with a channel down the center. The use of this type of seat will help keep the pressure off that area when riding.

I ride a mountain bike and use this type of seat for the very same reason.