Young/Teen penis size development

At 13, I was 5.7 ". I was bigger than my friends. One evening, one of my friends came to sleep at my house. I saw him in underwear before going to bed. He had a small penis around  2 ".  His penis was not long enough to descend to his balls.  When he saw my bulge he asked me why I was this size.  I was 4 "soft.  I became 8 "at 16. Difficult to hide an erection. I know that 8" is already huge but god was not done with me.  today im 18 and i am 11.3 "erect and 5.5-6" soft.

• 4 weeks later...

I always wondered...do hung adult men start off larger? I wonder because when I was in middle school I took a class as an office aide; helping admin filing and making copies, stuff like that. One teacher was a new grandpa and was showing the staff pics of his grandson. Wow, I just remember being there and seeing the pic of this probably 3 month old with a pretty "big jump start" in life. It was nothing sexual but this little dude was already pretty big down there. I always wondered from then. Do larger men start of large or is it puberty where the race is? It was a defining moment as far as penis size is concerned. 

13 hours ago, in part, dallasman said:

I always wondered...do hung adult men start off larger?  [...]  Do larger men start of large or is it puberty where the race is?

I"m pretty sure the large hanging ones are that way either from birth or very early on.

Edited by Guest
Reduced 100% quote of immediately preceding post.

Almost all the big ones are always bigger than average from birth.

The average penis grows probably around 4 inches with puberty.

90% of men are between 5-7 inches, so they start around 1- 3 inches as kids.

I knew 4 kids all born within months of each other, as kindergartners they were 1,2,3,4 inches. Were in a play at a nudist resort about body acceptance, and were lined up according to size along with matching adults.

I suppose that makes me one of the exceptions to the general rule everyone else seems to have observed. Looking at baby pictures of myself, my testicles and genitals were much darker than the rest of my body (I had very red-toned skin as well), but eventually the color evened out. More to the point of this thread, my genitals didn't seem to be overly large when I was born, nor do I recall them being overly large until I was 10 or 11. I suspect that I began puberty early, because even my own mother was surprised at how large penis seemed to be becoming, and took me to the doctor to ask questions. Funny enough, the doctor confirmed that I was "extra healthy" down there, but nothing much seem to come of it. I'm sure there are any number of reasons why this could be the case. Ah well. 

On 6/22/2020 at 9:00 AM, dallasman said:

I always wondered...do hung adult men start off larger? 

It certainly was the case for me. I was always noticeably bigger than other boys my age as a kid.

It's confirmed by baby pictures too. There's this one picture of me with my cousin (he's a year older) on the beach. Not sure how old we were, but young enough to be nude on a regular beach. In the pic has the classic little boy "button" penis while I have noticeable hang.

• 1 month later...

@Red Scott  I posted this account earlier in the  Bathhouse forum.  I know that you have said that penis size is primarily determined on the maternal side.   I am re-posting this to have it known that that genetic determination certainly did not hold in my family where there were two brothers with the same mother but different father.   Maybe my stepdad's penis was so big that it became the dominant genetic factor.

I am the older brother. My half-brother is 7 years younger.  I was the brother with the larger penis until I came home from college in my final senior year when I was 20 and he was 13.   I know it is unusual for two brothers with such an age difference to join in with each other's activities and interests.  But I was that way with him and always tried to find a way to include him with buddies of my age when we played sports.  I know he looked up to me and  always greeted me when I got off the school bus before he started school himself.  It was just one of those really good  brother to brother relationships that I guess are relatively rare.   

We shared the same bedroom with bunk beds  - me on the bottom and him on top.    After hitting puberty ( but even before) I would masturbate in my bottom bunk.   I was aware that my younger brother was peeking over the edge of his top bunk watching me.  I have to admit that turned me on some being proud to let him see my growing larger penis.   I often  slept uncovered and naked so that he could look all he wanted.  Some nights he would crawl down from his bed and sneak down and cuddle with me.  We also had a pool in the backyard and outdoor shower rooms  - separate ones for the boys and girls. Boys being boys we splashed around in the shower and sometimes skinny dipped in the pool.   The point being that we saw a lot of each others  genitals  and emerging bodies although when he was 7 I was already nearly fully developed.  

I came home for Christmas break in my senior year of college.  I hadn't seen my brother for the past four months.  Somewhere in there he hit puberty and man did he hit puberty. It just totally floored me when he took off his pants and got ready for bed. I was no longer BMOC   big man on campus  ( not that I was there either lol ).   His briefs bulge looked almost as big as my stepdad's who was his real dad.  My brother was almost shy about how much he had grown.   He could see the disbelief on my face.  He and I both knew he was the second biggest cock in the house now at just the age of 13.  I can still recall the fullness of his briefs bulge at the V of his skinny young legs. 

I still managed to somehow fit in the bottom bunk. My little brother didn't even climb up to the top of his bunk.  He didn't say a word and just crawled in behind me for the  tightest fit you've ever seen on one bed. He whispered saying he missed me.  We did a lot of penis comparing that night and accepting our new reversal of roles.  He was inch and a half bigger than me  and near as thick with heavier feeling balls.    I told him how big his cock felt and that it looked almost as big as our dads.  He was proud that he had finally bested me in something. He sensed my pride and excitement.  I know that was a special day for him.   Sure my pride took a big hit but I was happy for him and the fact that we were always close and not competitive helped us both accept the new way of things. 

I have read here that cock size is a genetic trait passed down primarily on the maternal side.  My brother and I have the same mother but different fathers. My stepdad is a lean and wiry 5ft6 guy with a  9 inch hard cut cock.  My brother and I are cut too, but he sure got near all of my stepdad's genes.  

My stepdad knew that my brother and I often shared the bottom bunk.  He asked me the next day what I thought of how big my brother had grown.

• 9 months later...

My penis size was enough of an issue for me even by the age of 9 for my stepmom to take me to the doctor to get a professional opinion. After an examination we were assured that I was in the normal range, but I have to say this made little difference to the way I actually felt. Obviously things improved greatly with puberty, where I added about 3 inches to my erect size before topping out at five inches. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2013 at 3:36 AM, canuck45 said:

It varies person to person....I think the medical world considers puberty to be 5-6 years in span roughly. So if you started at 13 you finish around 18. Its not written in stone though. You will have experienced the majority of growth.....

I started growing from 9-10 and was done growing at 14. So yes, 5 years is a normal time span for puberty. The earlier you start, the earlier you shold expect to be done with your growth. 

Some claim that penises grow until 21. Well, I only think that´s the case for boys/guys with delayed puberty. Normally a cock only grows until 15-18 years of age. Mine only until 14, but I was an early bloomer, as I just wrote. 

I have had a lot of sex sex with young men. Also from 18 to 22. ALL the 18-22 yo young men, I have had sex with, were fully grown in their cock "region". I have met some of them during 2-3-4 years (or more) and noticed no growth in their size. So this means that they have all been at their final size, when I met them. So therefore I am convinced that most guys stop growing at latest at around 17-18. And many earlier, at 15-16. Some, like me, even at 13-14. I did even ask some of them when they stopped growing. And pretty much all of them told me that they had not been getting any bigger since 15 or 16. 

This is why I am not sure about the "myth" (?!) that guys grow until 21 years of age. I believe that must be the exception.

I will give a couple of examples from my encounters with young men:

Guy 19 years old: I met him several times from when he was 19 to 21. His dick never changed. It was always 6 inches long and the same thickness (actually not a thick dick).

Guy 18 years old: I met him 30-35 times from when he was 18 to 21. His dick was huge already at 18, where it was close to 9 inches. It was still the same size three years later. He told me that his dick had stopped growing at 16, two years before I met him. He also told me that even before puberty he had been bigger than all his friends with a dick that was already about 10 cm (4 inches) long at 9-10.

Ex. boyfriend 19 years old: I met him just after his 19th birthday, when he had a 6½ inches long cock. I was with him for eight years and his cock never got any bigger.

Guy 18 years old: I met him once when he was 18 and his dick was an average 6 incher. I only  met him again twelve years later (!!) when he was 30 (actually it was last year) and his cock was still the same shape and size. So again: fully grown at 18.

- I could give more examples. But I don´t know myself of anybody who was not fully grown at 18-19.

Edited by battuage

On 6/22/2020 at 10:00 AM, dallasman said:

I always wondered...do hung adult men start off larger? I wonder because when I was in middle school I took a class as an office aide; helping admin filing and making copies, stuff like that. One teacher was a new grandpa and was showing the staff pics of his grandson. Wow, I just remember being there and seeing the pic of this probably 3 month old with a pretty "big jump start" in life. It was nothing sexual but this little dude was already pretty big down there. I always wondered from then. Do larger men start of large or is it puberty where the race is? It was a defining moment as far as penis size is concerned. 

Yes, I do think that the ones who are huge as adults are also bigger than other boys both before and during puberty.

But before puberty the differenes are only very slight. Pretty much all boys´penises before puberty are from two to four inches (on this site I saw a study that confirmed this). But the ones who before puberty are 3½-4 inches are probably the ones who as adults get the big dicks. It´s interesting that from 5 to 10 years there is almost no growth in pensisize, so 5 yo´s are pretty much the same size as 9-10 yo´s. This was also one of the conclusions from the study I just talked about and that is mentioned somewhere in this site. 

But there are probably also exceptions. I remember a boy from my class who even at 14 was very tiny. At 18 he had a good sized cock that look to be 7 inches. Some just have a huge growth during puberty.

Edited by battuage

On 10/23/2021 at 4:41 AM, battuage said:

"But before puberty the differenes are only very slight. Pretty much all boys´penises before puberty are from two to four inches"

I would not call that a slight difference. One is twice as long and I'm sure much fatter as well. That's like saying there's only a slight difference between my current 4.3 inch length by 3.8 inch girth and someone else with an 8.6 inch length and who knows what enormous girth. That's a huge difference.

29 minutes ago, smokeylink said:

I would not call that a slight difference. One is twice as long and I'm sure much fatter as well. That's like saying there's only a slight difference between my current 4.3 inch length by 3.8 inch girth and someone else with an 8.6 inch length and who knows what enormous girth. That's a huge difference.

I know what you mean. Everything is relative.

But still two inches are just two inches. I mean that the differences between boys (before puberty) is still only maybe 50% of the differences you will see among adult men or teenagers. Even that I know that compared to their bodies, even two inches difference can seem as a big difference between for example two 8 yo boys.

What I mean is that almost no boys at that age (younger than 10-11) are really big. The biggest ones I have seen were probably 4½-5 inches or something like that (Yes, I have seen a couple of young boys in public swim baths or locker rooms with erections of more or less that size). But never anybody bigger than 4½-5 inches, which, I know, is of course huge for a 7-8-9 yo.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, TherealB999 said:

My penis bone pressed was above average but because i was fattder IT looked smaller than average. At 14 My Soft penis was 3.5" but looked like 1". At 18 i was even fatter my penis were only 5.5".  The years after i loose 60lbs so my penis is now 7"

I lost about 50lbs recently. When I was fat my limp cock retracted completely. Now it actually "hangs" a little. But my bone pressed erect length is exactly the same. My non bone pressed length did improve by a half inch.

I could almost put a date on the event in the '70's.

My mother, being a Midwife & Paediatric Nurse, was dressing my Cousin's freshly circumcised penis a day or so after it had been done.
At around 8 years old, I just thought nothing of it being the same size as mine & huge compared to his baby thumb.
She did say something outside my vocabulary & "technical" about the size, but those words never stuck with me.

He was one of the 3 cousins I grew up with that all went on to hang well past 4" at very early age.

My catch-up didn't start till late teens & never got to match 1/2 of their flaccid ranges.

• 1 month later...

I developed rather early for my age and physical development, hit puberty around 13. I was pretty much done growing, e.g) my balls, penis, chest hair, wet dreams etc by 18.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

hi

i can't recall my growth at all really.  i wish i did recall. i never was in a situation where we showered or changed naked in front of each other after gym in school.  i was pantsed once in grammar school when the kid accidentally pulled down my underwear too and handful of people saw me full frontal (including a crush of mine at the time, which was both kind of mortifying and exciting to me).  from that experience i know that i was late getting pubic hair, and the talk was i was tiny (which by the way to clarify, this talk wasnt mean-spirited for the most part as far as i could tell, it was merely it was known that people had seen me, and naturally people were inquistive) but even now when I'm flaccid I can be quite tiny a lot of the time.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's hard to say, but men typically grow slowly into their 20s, some that will be a bit of height, others it will be changes in body morphology.... there isn't one man who hasn't experienced this even on a minor level. Som guys grow 2 inches in there 20s"height" some not at all, your shaft thickens in your early to mid 20s "penis" Human growth, and this is for boys in particular just massively slows a lot of the time. your body will change up to about 27, this is what most of the real medical data shows. That being said it doesn't mean your penis will get bigger, albeit, at 29 I could swear my genitals were bigger than at 19.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, Jon72 said:

I didn't measure my dick until I was in my twenties.

My penis grew late, but quickly once it started.  Like others, size didn't really register for me as an issue until I was in my early 20s, but due to being a late bloomer and the way my pediatrician and mom handled that, I've pieced together what happened in retrospect.  I always had my exams like clockwork on my birthday if it was a weekday, or just a couple days later if my birthday was on a weekend or a day the doctor wasn't available.  It was always with the same pediatrician, and always with my mom present.  He had a habit of talking to her about me in the third person instead of talking to me directly, but that means that I probably got a better explanation of my development than I would have if my mom had not been present.

First, as of my exam at 13, puberty had not started at all.  It was the first exam since I was a baby where I was lying completely naked on the exam table, ostensibly for a skin check following a case of pityriasis rosea some weeks earlier.  Now I realize it more likely was a pretense for them to see exactly how I was (not) developing.

Then at my exam at 14, the doctor used an orchidometer on me and told my mom I had gotten to "5" and would start catching up to the other boys soon.  In retrospect, I figured out that it meant my testicles had started growing.  But since I had started gaining weight quickly that year, I'm sure everything down there looked relatively smaller than the prior year.

Then at 15, he pointed out that my penis had started getting longer and that I had the first few wisps of pubic hair, though what seemed to concern my mom was that the skin down there had "suddenly" gotten darker than the rest of my skin.  The doctor assured her that it was normal.  And I knew it was gradual, and she only considered it sudden due to it being the first time in a year that she had seen my penis and testicles.

Then at 16, he toId my mom I had reached "stage four" and caught up with the other boys, which meant nothing to me, as with no knowledge at the time of Tanner stages, it could have been on a scale of ten.  He said I might grow a little more, but otherwise was done.  To this day, I don't know if he meant my height or my penis, because he had pulled my undies back up by the time he said it.  That was the first time it occurred to me to measure, and I was 5 inches hard.  But I still was a bit chubby and didn't understand bone-pressed measurement.  Years later at 23, at my slimmest, complete with a 4-pack tummy, I was 5.5 inches hard.  So I'm guessing when my doctor and my mom saw my penis at 16, that was as big as it ever got.  I did still get another two inches taller by the time I was 19, so maybe my penis added a little girth in those late teen years.  But by the time I started measuring girth and doing bone-pressed length, I was 5.5 long and 5 around, with no change since.