Average size chart

I believe this is the referenced study

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103204754/Wessel

It should be noted that the erect length measurement (12.89 cm) is none bone pressed and that the "usable" (bone pressed) erect length was determined by adding the average fat pad - 2.85 cm (1 1/8 inch) to the none bone pressed erect length.

Since the average fat pad appears to be thicker (average age - 54) than what we normally see, this could account for the relative higher average BPEL.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Interesting on the chart it says wessels (1996) average 6.2 but in his published report it says 5.08 (12.9cm).

The Journal of Urology, 0022-5347/96-0995

Vol 156, 995-997, September 1996

Copyright ©1996 by American Urological Association, Inc.

Wessel used a study group of 80 men, pharmacological erection with self-stimulation.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

I have read more than once (online and we know online don't lie) lol, that when guys send in their own measurements the average is about 6.25 inches but when they are measured by the people doing the study the average is 5.25 inches. So who knows for sure.......

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, goldenboy said:
On 1/9/2014 at 5:28 AM, cavallogrosso said:

But the third study is done for people with ED ( erectile dysfunction) so the data is low that the real average.

Ding ding ding ding ding. We have a winner!!! Such is the case for an awful lot of the studies regarded as "reliable" on this site.

If memory serves me, this was a study performed by a urologist and it started with every male patient he saw over a multi-month (perhaps 3-month, but I'm not sure) period.  It was not limited to his ED patients.  He injected each patient's penis with something like 'tri-mix' to induce an erection.  He then excluded the small number of men who did not reach a firm erection.  I believe this study was described in a post here many years ago.

Alan G

2 hours ago, canuck45 said:

Studies explained.  ignore the evidence, go on anecdotes and beliefs.

Members of the Flat Earth Society and other flat-Earthers claim that NASA and other government agencies conspire to delude the public into believing the Earth is spherical.

Newsflash: I'm not the one cherrypicking studies to support a conspiratorial narrative. You are.

@goldenboy 

Exactly what a flat earther would say....the studies (by legitimate researchers ) are hand picked and wrong. Only we, the few hundred, know the truth, based on anecdotes and at best, shoddy pseudoscience.

Reminds me of a story about some guy that was only 2nd chair calibre,  it was obviously  a conspiracy by the music teacher.....poor guy just couldn't accept he was less than perfect and that his beliefs in his greatness had nothing to do with reality; instead concocts some  rationalization to explain his failure.  Of course with his inestimable opinion of himself, anything that disagreed with his opinion was quite simple wrong.   Not sure if that would be arrogance, ignorance or delusional.
BTW I think there is a bridge with your name on it.

• 2 years later...

The chart seems to have disappeared.
Chart from the American Urological Association.
Original was in metric, I added markers and inches equivalent, along with my perhaps sarcastic comment. LOL
With the statement of most fall withing 5.1-5.5 I used the middle of the range as "average"
923706341_Accordingto.thumb.png.8e227a4e0cdc4a8536e670d3c2abb15f.png

penisdimensionsORIGINAL.png.5306cd3f0fcb5534be30b6c6bcc6b2f4.png

I keep seeing the above chart and I am sorry, but I really can not believe that my 15cm is erect penis would place me in the 90th percentile of men.  As a teen, I compared with 4 others and I was shortest by far.  All 4 others were over 6.2 inches. That wasn’t even bone pressed.  I’m in the UK, so perhaps the average here is larger than the US? Who knows, but there is no way that only 10% of men have a longer penis than me.  No way.