Average?

On 8/21/2017 at 11:40 PM, RodEnuf said:

PokerPro, every reliable size study published to date has reported an average size BPEL somewhere between 5.1 and 5.5 inches. So you're just barely below average.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator

You keep saying this as though repetition will somehow make this obviously ludicrous statement true. It's not. Much as I appreciate all the resources here, insisting this false statement is true is extremely grating.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:17 PM, bigforsmall said:

Yes.5.16 isn't the most numerous-most aren't exactly that size.The photos don't really "all represent the average range" either.A 6"is around the 89th percentile according to Veale et all.

Why are we pretending this is an issue of mean vs. median? With sample sizes so large and a normal distribution, the discrepancy in penis size studies' purported average sizes has literally nothing to do with mean vs. median.

The reality is that the studies that show large averages (~6 inches or more) are most often flawed in one or more of the following ways: 

• Self-measurement (studies like Kinsey trusted people not to lie...fat chance)
  • Self-selecting volunteers (the condom manufacturers' studies, for instance, often allow volunteers to self-select)
  • Bone-pressed measurements (I think it's flat out wrong to insist on using BPEL).

Penis studies that show smaller averages (~5.6 or less) are most often flawed in one or more of the following ways.

• They focus only on populations of men who have self-selected for enlargement surgery (it's shocking how many of the studies cited on this site as "reliable" surveyed only people who had literally signed up for enlargement surgery as though they were representative of the overall population). 
  • The focus only on populations from developing nations in Asia, which due to innumerable reasons are not applicable to nations like the United States (same thing, even though on this site such studies are generally regarded as "reliable" for some strange reason).
  • They include cherrypicked datasets designed to artificially skew the numbers downward (i.e. that completely absurd study that came up with 5.17 that everybody always cites, which has the most absurdly flawed and cherrypicked methodology of any survey I've ever seen, and it's not close...i.e. randomly selected 8 studies representing only a few hundred men, most of which were in Asia, mixed and matched different measurement methodologies, and then somehow pulled off effective branding that it was representative of over 15,000 men when it obviously was not)
  • Measuring "stretched flaccid" length rather than erect length - while close, it does not yield an equivalent measurement in any study in which both hard and stretched flaccid were measured 
  • Surveyed individuals only in the cold discomfort of doctors' offices where they almost surely aren't at their full potential when hard

While certain administrators of this site insist that we should throw out all large average studies due to their flaws while ignoring the flaws of the smaller average studies, the reality is that the average likely comes somewhere between the two, probably trending closer to the larger averages. To insist as dogmatically as some on this site do that the studies showing the average to be under 5.5 are more reliable than other studies is some combination of blindly ignorant or willfully delusional. It's really a shame.

I get that admitting to having a small dick sucks, but the way to deal with it is not to pretend the average is smaller than it is.

T

1 hour ago, goldenboy said:

To insist as dogmatically as some on this site do that the studies showing the average to be under 5.5 are more reliable than other studies is some combination of blindly ignorant or willfully delusional.

And to keep insisting the studies are wrong, sounds like a conspiracy theorist in action.

1 hour ago, goldenboy said:

They focus only on populations of men who have self-selected for enlargement surgery

Not true but it supports your hypothesis.

Bone-pressed measurements (I think it's flat out wrong to insist on using BPEL).

What you think is irrelevant...its the standard...by the same doctors that are conspiring to say 5.1 - 5.5 range.

Stretch of flaccid, I admit, is not perfectly accurate, but good enough to determine the average of 5.2 or so is correct.  Most urologist data is stretched flaccid, so I am told.  The urologists know about fat pads.

I do know however, that the small number of men with severely retracting flaccids cannot usually be stretched to their actual erect length.

In my case, especially when at all anxious, I can be stretched to only 3 to 3½ inches when I'm normally close to 4.5 erect.  I think this makes the low end of the normal curve have an odd bulge, but probably doesn't effect the average much as that part of the curve is very low frequency.

Someone should do a stretched flaccid study of men who report that they are actively recreational, that is are quite promiscuous, seeking multiple partners chronically.  I think that would explain the impression the average penis is closer to 6" or even greater.  Many recreationally active women give anecdotal evidence that recreational active men tend to be 6" or better.   I think "Spring Break" surveys show men to closer to 6" or so.

Edited by Guest

On 12/4/2019 at 12:44 AM, goldenboy said:

• Bone-pressed measurements (I think it's flat out wrong to insist on using BPEL).

BPEL it's the actual penis size.

It's absurd to measure NBPEL because that is just appearance, and that measurement can change several times during life. 

Interpretating NBPEL measurements  you could conclude that penis size fluctuates during life or even more, that you can grow your penis loosing weight, or that fat men have smaller penises. 

That's obviously wrong. 

Medical doctors say mine is a little above average length and average girth.  7 in. long, 4.6 inches girth.

Edited by Guest
Naked photo removed for Rule 7 violation.

3 hours ago, canuck45 said:

@ Perhaps show the Dr the charts that say is more than a little above average.

Dr. might have read the very erroneous Kinsey who used self selection and self measurement in his surveys.  Totally worthless and ignorant to boot!

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, RonaldU said:

BPEL it's the actual penis size.

It's absurd to measure NBPEL because that is just appearance, and that measurement can change several times during life. 

Interpretating NBPEL measurements  you could conclude that penis size fluctuates during life or even more, that you can grow your penis loosing weight, or that fat men have smaller penises. 

That's obviously wrong. 

your penis doesn't actually grow from loosing weight, but if you have a significant amount of body fat, getting lean will reveal more in the nbpel and bpel due to the shrink wrapping effect that happens when your body leans out. you have to get down to where your hip bones show and your groin is pretty lean. But its useful enough to add an inch in alot of cases.

4 minutes ago, wayless said:

Ya mean thinning of the pubic fat pad?

what i mean is this, lets say you have large love handles and a gut, your not terribly fat, but your no adonis, 

Ok, well youve got about a  5 inch penis lets say, you loose some weight...its at maybe 5.1 5.5

if you loose most of the fat you have and your abdominals are visible, its possible to end up with 5.75 or 6.1 

the reason for this is that even a guy with an average lazy body can add penis length from doing this due to the "shrink-wrapping effect" its the idea that you don't know what kind of physique you actually have until you loose enough fat, well if your a bit over weight and your pressing in even enough to  draw blood you wont actually get the full nbpel or bpel due to the fact that the way fat and water sit on your body and interact with your skin and "frame" they obscure your actual size. mans natural state isn't to be overweight that's a big misconception, its only been in the alst 150 so years ..or really 60 to 70 years we've gotten higher bodyfat percentages. 

Another thing to remember is that 5 to 5.5 is actually...and i know im going to get flack for this.. bigger than what most of the peopel on this site think it is just like most people dont realize that either. If you measuring along the top correctly then a penis thats about 5.25 from the top and 5.75 to 6 inches from the side is absolutely normal and can do the trick.

a lot of the most popular dildos i see that the sex shop are that size and the chick up there tell me ...Yep thats the average guy right there lol, then they comment on how it looks just about right honestly.

but yes fat has an enormous role in how our bodies look to us and other people. loose 50 lbs and watch your face and head almost literally shrink.

2 minutes ago, RAized said:

what i mean is this, lets say you have large love handles and a gut, your not terribly fat, but your no adonis, 

Ok, well youve got about a  5 inch penis lets say, you loose some weight...its at maybe 5.1 5.5

if you loose most of the fat you have and your abdominals are visible, its possible to end up with 5.75 or 6.1 

the reason for this is that even a guy with an average lazy body can add penis length from doing this due to the "shrink-wrapping effect" its the idea that you don't know what kind of physique you actually have until you loose enough fat, well if your a bit over weight and your pressing in even enough to  draw blood you wont actually get the full nbpel or bpel due to the fact that the way fat and water sit on your body and interact with your skin and "frame" they obscure your actual size. mans natural state isn't to be overweight that's a big misconception, its only been in the alst 150 so years ..or really 60 to 70 years we've gotten higher bodyfat percentages. 

Another thing to remember is that 5 to 5.5 is actually...and i know im going to get flack for this.. bigger than what most of the peopel on this site think it is just like most people dont realize that either. If you measuring along the top correctly then a penis thats about 5.25 from the top and 5.75 to 6 inches from the side is absolutely normal and can do the trick.

a lot of the most popular dildos i see that the sex shop are that size and the chick up there tell me ...Yep thats the average guy right there lol, then they comment on how it looks just about right honestly.

but yes fat has an enormous role in how our bodies look to us and other people. loose 50 lbs and watch your face and head almost literally shrink.

And I might add that this is also why the docs use BPEL for measuring accurately. the man with a 40 inch waist who has a 4 inch penis, and a considerable amount of fat doesn't actually have a 4 inch penis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 9:51 PM, RAized said:

your penis doesn't actually grow from loosing weight, but if you have a significant amount of body fat, getting lean will reveal more in the nbpel and bpel due to the shrink wrapping effect that happens when your body leans out. you have to get down to where your hip bones show and your groin is pretty lean. But its useful enough to add an inch in alot of cases.

Is that not the same I was saying?

Probably in a better way, English is not my first language obviously :)

This will likely piss a few members off. 

It seems to me if guys would concern themselves more with size of their bellys  they might have less concern about the size of their dicks.  

Personal experience:  at 210 pounds my NBPEL was 5 1/4”.  At 155 my NBPEL is a tad over 6”.  My BPEL stayed at 6 1/2” but sure looks bigger.  Also the fat hid the base of my shaft which is the thickest part of my dick. 

18 hours ago, IndyBanker1946 said:

This will likely piss a few members off. 

It seems to me if guys would concern themselves more with size of their bellys  they might have less concern about the size of their dicks. 

I will admit that I was blessed with a high metabolism. My body has not changed a lot since I was 18. However, I do jog every morning. I've never been much for going to a gym, other than enjoying checking out guys in the shower :P I ran track in high school and just kept on running. So far, at 64, I haven't had any knee problems. Here's a very old pic with a very new pic of my average body.

https://imgur.com/Po5siTo

• 4 weeks later...

I find little or no influence of the fat pad if I "bone press" a narrow ruler for measurement right at the base of the dick.

What appears to be my size, of course, is grossly affected by the fat pad, however.  Also affected is what can actually be inserted.  As 2 fat pads come into play!

When I was bone skinny, however, I don't think I ever measured carefully.  Didn't want to know, I guess.  Looked really small in mirror both flaccid and hard.  Even with no fat pad, my flaccid would sometimes retract to just a nub.

MY bodytype is not allow me to measure my dick without the fatpad. Im a kind of a bear type even if I am below my recommended weight. My fatpad is more than 2 inches thick and it doesnt want to dissapear even if I loose weight. My bonepressed measurment is 6 1/4 inches (16 cm) but I feel I am small and look small on my big bodyframe.

Average is just a number -

On 2/26/2021 at 10:53 PM, NuderThanNude said:

Sounds to me like your not loosing enough weight.

Well I was 264lb (120kg) and I have lost approx. 66 lb (30kg) /I'm 6ft1.6" 187 cm /  What is enough? My face shrinked and everyone thought Im sick. But my fatpad is still as thick as it was. Thats my luck. 

As I told in my first post - my bodytype is like that. Acceptance is important in my life...

Edited by shooter