Testosterone - Ball Shrinkage

I use Androgel as testosterone replacement therapy. Indeed, my balls have shrunk faster than they were already shrinking. The body detects that testosterone level has risen. It tries to bring it back down to the level it was previously maintaining by shutting down the testes.

Since my balls weren't doing their job (they weren't producing adequate testosterone), it's no great loss. If I were a much younger man and wanted to father children, I might feel differently because of the loss of sperm production.

Alan G

Anyone here on hormones like testosterone have the experience of their nuts shrinking -- it's a side effect.

I have supplement for about a decade with no shrinkage of my testicles.

However, I strictly follow the ONLY MORNING supplementation routine. I used this approach when using gel and the patch even though I feel like I'm running out of steam in the PM.

The body is naturally more active producing T during sleep, so, if your supplementation has worn off by then, your testicles may retain their activity better.

This is a severe downside of injections.

I use Androgel as testosterone replacement therapy. Indeed, my balls have shrunk faster than they were already shrinking. The body detects that testosterone level has risen. It tries to bring it back down to the level it was previously maintaining by shutting down the testes.

Since my balls weren't doing their job (they weren't producing adequate testosterone), it's no great loss. If I were a much younger man and wanted to father children, I might feel differently because of the loss of sperm production.Alan G

What is your schedule for application of the gel?

I apply the gel daily after my shower, as I'm about to get dressed for the day.

I should add to what I said earlier... I asked my doctor to check my T-level because I realized that I was losing my libido. That was the first thing I noticed, but almost immediately I also realized that my balls were already smaller than they had been. The change in both my libido and my balls had taken place so gradually that I didn't notice what was going on until my interest in sex was nearly gone.

Alan G

I used Testim for a year and Androgel for a year (insurance co kept changing preferred T-gels). After about a year, I noticed my right testicle had shrunk slightly. However, when my Endo noticed that my PSA had started to increase a bit (1.1 to 1.6) he recommended I quit TRT. I have been off for about 6 months and my right testical is almost back to its original size.

My total T is back to about 290 (went to a high of 790 and down to 185 when I phased out T-gel). However, once I inject Trimix or use my VED I have little difficulty performing though orgasms are now more difficult to achieve.

I apply the gel daily after my shower, as I'm about to get dressed for the day.

I should add to what I said earlier... I asked my doctor to check my T-level because I realized that I was losing my libido. That was the first thing I noticed, but almost immediately I also realized that my balls were already smaller than they had been. The change in both my libido and my balls had taken place so gradually that I didn't notice what was going on until my interest in sex was nearly gone. Alan G

Interesting. Maybe you had a precipitous decline in T production so that you don't produce much or any even at night, regardless of supplementation.

Another factor in my case: I'm not really sure I have lowerer T due to age. Quite possible I have always been hovering around 200 based on personality, slow puberty, etc. Never measured 'till I was 55 or so. So, maybe my supplementation schedule isn't the main factor. . . maybe I have unimpaired T production, but my T-stat has always been set low, thus the improvements with supplementation!

Maybe I should start wearing my patch all day and not worry!

Edited by Guest