Let's Talk About Sex

This is a post for similarly average-sized heterosexual men. I wanted to provide some informal stats that shed light on the real-life penis preferences of heterosexual women.

I am a millimeter or two short of 6" long, bone pressed. I am about 4.75" in girth for most of my shaft (the base is a little thicker).

To date, of the dozen or so sexual partners I've had, 7 have been consistent enough for me to get a simple, yet telling picture of the sexual effect of my penis on women.

Sarah-I was too thick (I'm pretty sure the opening of her vagina was anatomically abnormal).

Erin-I was too small.

Julie-I was neither too large, nor too small. My penis could consistently deliver satisfying orgasms.

Vicki-I stretched her a bit in terms of length and girth (she was tight). Sex for her was extremely pleasurable, with the exception of doggystyle, which was painful for her if I penetrated too deeply.

Meg-I was neither too thick, nor too long, with the exception of doggystyle, which was painful for her if I penetrated too deeply.

Karen-Same as above.

Lauren-I was neither too large, nor too small. My penis could consistently deliver satisfying orgasms. She might have preferred a little more girth.

So, for a man with an average penis, 1 out of 7 consistent sexual partners found my member too large. 1 out of 7 found it too small. Of the remaining 5 partners, 2 were satisfied, and 3 were satisfied with the exception of doggystyle sex, which was painful.

Hopefully my experience gives anyone interested an idea of what women might prefer in terms of penis size (7 partners is an admittedly small sample size). Feel free to add/discuss!

My first reaction was to criticize your "stats" because a sample size of 7 means nothing.

...but then in the end I really like your post. Everyone is always talking about the size stats and you're talking about the effect, which is what should really matter. Thanks for the share!

out of curiosity, if you were actually doing a study on something like this, what would you consider a good sample size? A couple hundred?

Thinking back to my statistics class decades ago, it seems to me that a sample of 30 drawn randomly gives "high confidence" results. Of course, the problem is getting a random sample. Generally, you can't get a random sample of women to go to bed with you. The venue, your personality, etc etc. biases the sample.

Hey Roemer!

In addition to your sample being obviously biased, as overthehill correctly explained (given that there's no way you'd ever come up with a completely random sample), had you been ridiculously over-the-top confident in yourself, you might have also told subject #2, Erin, that, quite to the contrary, your dick wasn't too small, in large part because no one else had yet complained about it in that vein. Instead, in her case, you might have further noted that it was very possible that her pussy was simply too slack.

Remember, the "fit" works both ways, just as you yourself mentioned in regard to several of the other subjects where it may have been deemed to be a bit too "tight." So, if Erin felt it was more like winging a hot-dog down a hallway, then that's her problem, not yours.

But, otherwise, excellent "field research." :waytogo:

Rick

My first reaction was to criticize your "stats" because a sample size of 7 means nothing.

...but then in the end I really like your post. Everyone is always talking about the size stats and you're talking about the effect, which is what should really matter. Thanks for the share!

Meaningful to whom? n=1 is very meaningful when you are the one. ;-)

This is a post for similarly average-sized heterosexual men. I wanted to provide some informal stats that shed light on the real-life penis preferences of heterosexual women...

Well, my size is similar to yours, except I'm a bit shorter, maybe a couple mm shy of 5 1/2". Actually, I'm not sure of the girth, but it is probably about "normal" proportion for the length. I have only had three partners in my life. I was too shy in my young days, then I had a religious phase wherein I avoided pre-marital sex anyway. I was married for over ten years, then had a post-divorce fling and soon after that, found my current GF, whom I am in love with.

All three are much different from each other in body size, but all have been "good fits" for me. Meaning, I was/am able to pleasure each of them well from above or behind. None have been too tight nor too lose from either position.

Well, how's that for a modest data set?

Edited by Guest

I was told about this site and I was perusing some posts and came across this one. It's misleading. I am somewhat larger than average at 7" long and 6.5" to 6.75" girth and I have had sex with about 200 women estimated (I don't know because I don't keep count). In any case when I lived in Asia for a while I met a few younger women who were uncomfortable about my size once they saw me, but at that stage I was experienced and told them so and we proceeded as I always do, slowly to start, and sex was fine.

I don't ask women about their experience of my size, rather I do my best to make them aroused enough for sex to be mutually pleasurable. I have only had one woman out of about 200 with whom my 6.5" girth didn't work well. We could have sex but she didn't enjoy it.

So the point is this. Firstly most women won't say things to hurt a man regardless of how they feel, so something like this mini-survey doesn't mean anything. Secondly is that most women won't come across something like my girth in their lifetimes, but if they do they will accommodate it with no problems. Most likely they will enjoy it as long as I do my bit first, and clearly I have been told by some women that they did enjoy the sensation. The vagina has an amazing, elastic capacity to accommodate a huge range of lengths and girths, so my 7" length is nothing nor is my 6.5" girth.

So according to the mini-survey the OPs penis size was too large in some cases, but according to my experience my size is never too large (except for one), so there is a big disconnect.

I suggest rather than relying on the unreliable, to concentrate on the actuality of sex when it happens and strive to make it pleasurable. In my experience while some women do enjoy the experience of size for size's sake, they will never leave a man they love for a man who is well-hung nor will they love a well-hung man primarily for his penis size (love is much more complex than that). Out of my 200 about 198 I liked and they liked me, and 2 of those women I loved.

Conversations have drifted to penis size with some of my partners after we had sex and the two common themes were (1) most women don't like a long, thin penis and (2) if the penis is too small, however that's defined but I have seen rather small erect penises, then that may be a deal-breaker and lead to the end of a relationship. But as long as you're together and she's not leaving you then your size is fine.

Good points, but I want to make clear that I didn't ask them about my penis after sex. Instances where my dick penetrated too deeply were observed when I, thrusting slowly, was essentially told, "ow, please back off a little, that hurts." These conclusions are based on observations made, not questions asked.

Good points, but I want to make clear that I didn't ask them about my penis after sex. Instances where my dick penetrated too deeply were observed when I, thrusting slowly, was essentially told, "ow, please back off a little, that hurts." These conclusions are based on observations made, not questions asked.

Based on your size which is almost right-on average some of your partners were not aroused enough. If you spend more time or effort to prepare your partners for intercourse then they will be able to handle your size quite comfortably. They could handle my more significant size so they will be able to handle your size. When a woman is fully aroused the interior of the vagina tents and the cervix tilts out of the way so that full penetration to the point of bottoming (which I have done) does not hurt at all. But if the woman is not fully aroused the vagina is not sufficiently dilated or tented, and even 6" could be painful.

I honestly believe that men who are larger are also better because we need to be. If not then it hurts not only the woman, it will hurt us too.

In any case you do need to be more effective with what happens in sex prior to penetration.

Edited by Guest

I honestly believe that men who are larger are also better because we need to be

Welcome to Measurection The Premier Small Penis Discussion Site.

Thank you for reminding us smaller endowed men of the vast superiority of a giant dong. We tend to forget about that culturally imperative, scientifically proven fact sometimes. You are indeed a god among men. :susel:

Bad form dude...Bad form.

You may very well have a point, but I'm not oblivious or incompetent when it comes to foreplay. Of all those women I talked about, I was able to get every one of them dripping wet before sex...and have them stay that way. And of those that found deep penetration painful in certain positions, two were quite petite, and the other must just have had a sensitive cervix. Additionally, I tried multiple times with the latter to make sex from behind comfortable, but it was always unpleasant for her when I bottomed out.

Anyway, enough of this pointless banter. Let us know more about yourself, mystery man who emerges from internet quietude to tell young Roemer what is right and what is wrong.

Conversations have drifted to penis size with some of my partners after we had sex and the two common themes were (1) most women don't like a long, thin penis and (2) if the penis is too small, however that's defined but I have seen rather small erect penises, then that may be a deal-breaker and lead to the end of a relationship. But as long as you're together and she's not leaving you then your size is fine.

All and all, an apparently honest, but pretty discouraging post for us small of dick, but, not all that surprising. There are REASONS the large of dick or more confident!

By the way, a corollary to the last sentence is that "she is leaving you if your dick is too small."

Edited by Guest

I honestly believe that men who are larger are also better because we need to be

Welcome to Measurection The Premier Small Penis Discussion Site.

Thank you for reminding us smaller endowed men of the vast superiority of a giant dong. We tend to forget about that culturally imperative, scientifically proven fact sometimes. You are indeed a god among men. :susel:

Bad form dude...Bad form.

Wutty, you could interpret what he said in an opposite fashion.

He seems to be saying that a guy with a smaller dick could satisfy a women utilizing less knowledge, preparation, technique, etc. than a large. . . that a large guy is handicapped, having to apply more technique to get that damned log in all the way!

Roemer, don't you know? All vaginas are the same size, if one can handle a 7" by 6.75" penis, all can. You need to learn how to properly arouse women. Step up your game, son.

And Wutty3, don't you know how lucky you are for having a small penis? Due to your small size your partner's satisfaction will be guaranteed, no extra effort required. You might get kicked out of bed every now and then but that is only because small penes are known to deliver orgasms so strong they may cause permanent brain damage. Not everyone wants to risk that so be prepared for some rejection.

It's much more difficult having a somewhat large penis, those guys need to compensate for having a large one and should consider themselves extremely lucky if they can get a pitty fuck after they've been found out. I mean, they can't just stick it in and expect orgasmic bliss to ensue like you with your small penis. No man, unlike you they really need to know what they are doing. That's why men with big penes make better lovers, honestly.

I hear ya man. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Having to "compensate" or "make up for" having such a large penis must be a terrible burden. I mean with all the media hype, cultural admiration, scientific proof, and hundreds of screaming orgasmic women...geez I'm bawling my eyes out.

Anyway, enough of this pointless banter. Let us know more about yourself, mystery man who emerges from internet quietude to tell young Roemer what is right and what is wrong.

Hey Roemer!

You're being waaaaaaaaaay too kind here. :content:

Plus, in this instance, I for one, would much prefer not knowing too much more about the all-knowing mystery man who quite suddenly emerged from the internet quietude to authoritatively tell young Roemer (and all other readers of this thread) precisely what's what. :rolling:

Instead, at the very minimum, as part of any icy retort, one of these is desperately needed: :susel: Or even one of these: :bird:

So, moving on to our next assignment . . . Here we go . . .

Next discussion topic: Let's positively define "outrageously insensitive, totally clueless, big-dicked ass-hole" in one paragraph or less.

Rick

Haha Rick! I seem to struggle to find balance between extremes in many aspects of my life, I'm glad you offer me guidance. :content:

Hey Roemer!

If you somehow managed to detect any sort of balance or calm, sensible guidance of any kind whatsoever in that recent retort of mine, then you're really good. :lol:

Needless to say, I'm still always ready and willing to provide assistance, of whatever flavor seems appropriate at the moment, but in your case, it doesn't appear that you truly need any. :smirk:

I saw the title and thought, oh talking about it . . . oral sex.

Hey Adrian!

Why does that comment strike me as being 100% Adrian??? :jester:

Plus, when was the last time you were talking about it while simultaneously deep-throating??? :smirk:

Rick

Next discussion topic: Let's positively define "outrageously insensitive, totally clueless, big-dicked ass-hole" in one paragraph or less. Rick

Probably shouldn't say this, but I'd replace the "outrageously" with "typically," excepting of course most of the long-time "larger" participants here.

Next discussion topic: Let's positively define "outrageously insensitive' date=' totally clueless, big-dicked ass-hole" in one paragraph or less. Rick

[/quote']

Probably shouldn't say this, but I'd replace the "outrageously" with "typically," excepting of course most of the long-time "larger" participants here.

Hey OTH!

You absolutely can say that. :smirk:

I certainly have no objection, as said attitude is definitely far too typical,-- and thus, quite annoying.

Rick