Getting out of the comfort zone

Hello everyone!

I am a newcomer to the forums, although I've been reading them for a while now. This forum has good people in it and many times when I've felt unhappy with my body you have managed to cheer me up.

As a Finnish gay guy in his twenties and extremely uncomfortable being naked around others, I decided I need to do something about it. You might know that here in Finland nudity is not considered a weird thing, quite normal actually. So I went out and bought swimming trunks. No bulge whatsoever! Everyone here also knows that swimming only amplifies that problem.

Another thing that worries me is I might pop an erection there, not because I'm looking at the other guys (which I do), but because the thrill of being naked around others. I definitely do not want to be disrespectful to the other men in there so fingers crossed it won't happen.

It feels kind of awkward writing this stuff here, but I'm going to do it anyway. So my penis is anywhere from 1.5-3.5 inches flaccid and 5.5 inches erect. Now I can definitely live with that length, however the problem is in the girth in my opinion. While flaccid it is around 3.5 and erect 4.25. Flaccid size varies so much I sometimes wonder if it is the same penis. That counts to the shrinkage I get from swimming.

Although I am terrified and probably will be extremely embarrassed I am hoping to find something good that might come out of it. Maybe I will just enjoy the swimming or find that I'm not the only small guy around.

Anyway I plan on going swimming on Thursday. I'll keep you posted how the experience went. Have a great week everyone!

InvisibleSight

Go swimming to enjoy the swim. Who will be paying attention, not as many people as you think.

I remember going swimming during lunches and working on doing X lengths. I started with 4 and it damn near killed me. OVer the months I slogged along (about as graceful as a sloth is fast and always in the slow slow slow lane). I finally hit the 1 mile mark. All these other swimmers (with perfect strokes) crossed lanes and congratulated me. Not a word about my style or lack thereof, nothing about flailing along for months. Just congrats on what I did.

Great people often don't notice others little shortcomings....only small people do that.

I love swimming. Nothing beats the feeling of the high you get after an ass-kicking practice (as in it was so hard it was like getting your ass kicked). Oh, how I miss it. Don't worry about shrinkage dude. All penises are different, and some fluctuate in size more than others. Speaking of swimming, about 4 years ago in college, I was at a meet at my school. I had just finished the 200 fly and was taking it easy in the warm-down pool. After some laps I hopped out, adjusted my junk (my hand was always down my pants whenever I had a speedo on, our competition suits were pretty tight), felt satisfied with how I had arranged my dick and balls, and thus returned to a normal, relaxed, standing position. After several seconds I noticed something felt out of place....I looked down, and OH MY GOD, my dick was hanging out the side of my speedo!!!! Hahahaha it was embarrassing to say the least, but also hilarious. Whenever I look back on that memory, I smile.

Ah, the good ol' days :smirk:

Leaving your comfort zone in a bathing suit/swimming setting can be hard. I went through the same thing. But as I got older it became evident that I was a tough motherfucker, and I was wild, and people respected me for those qualities. This helped me become a lot more relaxed with myself. Every now and then I feel self-conscious, which is normal. I think if someone were to never feel self-conscious, they'd have some kind of disorder. Just remember that you're a unique, quality human being and that no one can rob you of your dignity, identity, or worth. I didn't mean to get philosophical, haha, I hope my point was clear.

You are most definitely in the average size range, so nothing to worry about there. We are very similar in size, so there's no need to feel embarrassed, this is what these forums are about.

I used to swim many years ago and often wore speedo swim suits. They don't leave much to the imagination, but I never let that bother me, they were comfortable for swimming laps in the cold training pool.

Needless to say, exercise and cold water does you no favours. But when it's cold, all men are created equal ;)

Hi fella,

How did it go?

You sound like me; probably worrying to much about thing not worth worrying about.

First thing, your penis is completely normal.

First thing is if it's 3.5 inches on a warm day, it's definitely not small.

Second thing is all guys experience shrinkage to a greater or lesser degree. If you get a bunch of guys who've been swimming they'll all find that their stuff has cuddled up to their body to keep warm. My range is less than yours, but mine's anywhere between 2 to 3 inches after if I'm cold, or after exercising.

Third thing. Your erect penis is fairly average, but you're right it is a little thinner than average. Read Scott's excellent blog here - http://scottssexandlovelife.blogspot.co.uk/ - to see why that's not a problem :)