Semen placement, pregnancy?

Just curious of the smaller guys:

did y'all experience any issues getting your spouses pregnant due to not being able to deposit your semen deep inside her?

I ask because many times it drips out of her quite quickly, and the thought occurred that this could be a real logistical problem if we were trying to get pregnant

The amount of leakage probably also has a lot to do with the location of her cervix relative to your penis as you ejaculate, her fertility (which affects the height of her cervix), and the amount of, um, cervical upsuck, which doesn't have any bearing on insemination as far as I know.

The following is extracted from more complete information at JustMommies.com. It's written as a guide for the hopeful mother to be.

When you are trying to get pregnant, you want your partner's sperm to get as close as possible to your cervix, and you want the sperm to stay in there for as long as possible to increase the chances that one of those little swimmers will make it all the way to your egg. The main idea is not to force the sperm to swim against gravity "“ i.e. you don't want to be standing up or sitting up, because you want to give the sperm the easiest possible opportunity to get where it needs to go.

Probably the easiest way to do this is through the missionary position, with the man lying on top of the woman. This position allows for deep penetration, which will bring the sperm close to the cervix, and it has the added advantage of the woman already lying down so the ejaculate will stay inside your body longer.

When you are finished, prop up your hips with a pillow, hug your knees close to your chest, and stay lying on your back for at least 15 minutes.

Be aware that the above is 'common sense' advice. All the sources I could find agree that there is no scientific evidence on the effect of position on the likelihood of conception. There are, however, two more categories of advice that may be even more helpful.

How Often Should We Have Sex?
    When you are trying to get pregnant, who could blame you for thinking that you need to have more sex "“ but be careful not to over-do it. Not only will you sooner lose the enjoyment and spontaneity of lovemaking, but it's actually better to have sex every other day as opposed to every day, in order for his sperm count to recover and recharge.

And, perhaps, the most important advice of all:

Timing "“ A Much Better Bet Than Positions
    Timing is one of the crucial factors to conception and is worth more attention than the positions you have sex in. To increase your chances of conception, ideally have sex one or two days before you expect ovulation to occur, and then again on the day of ovulation.

Alan G

"Cervix as reservoir[edit]

The cervix acts as a reservoir of sperms after coitus.[4] This one statement of fact counters a weakly founded theory put forward that the convulsing cervix, during orgasm, draws semen into the uterus. This upsuck theory has generally accepted for some years, although there does not appear to be any evidence.[19] In 2005, science historian Elisabeth Lloyd queried the logic of this theory and the methodology used to support it. Her findings were that over 70% of the data came from one woman.[20]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervix

The justmommies forum also has this useful post, which provides more info: http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/296615-does-female-orgasm-help-ttc.html

I am about 5.5" and a little thinner than you. I knocked my wife up with pre-cum while she was on top just days after her period. So even with all the odds against me, we still had a child.

If you want kids, just make sure she does not get up too soon after you cum and I have heard that the cervix will dip into the vagina when she has an orgasm. If you cum before her, try to bring her off while your baby batter is still inside.

Me and Ms. Horace have unprotected sex, because she'd been told the chances of her becoming pregnant were extremely unlikely.

Once when I was really horny and came a lot, and vigorously inside her, she became pregnant but sadly miscarried.

It's difficult for me to 'spurt' due to meds usually.

Also, a function of the female orgasm is to draw semen in, help her get off if you want kids. Or just help her get off anyway, whenever you can. ;)