Your Dad's Penis

I've seen my dad's penis a couple times.

Once when I was around 6 years old I saw him asleep and uncovered on his bed. He was cut (like me) but I didn't think anything about that because I didn't see an uncut dick until I was in high school. Of course I thought he was huge. That's the first and only adult penis I had seen and it was much larger than my little button. Years later when he was an old man and in the hospital I saw his penis again. It was soft, of course, and looked like it was a couple inches long. I guess he and I are/were "average."

• 1 month later...

Lucky you! At least you had a grandpa you could see naked plenty of times, and feel identified with. How was that? Did you shower with him? Or you walked on him when he was changing or getting out of the shower and he didn't mind you watched him like that?

I never met both my grandpas because they passed away before I was born. My Dad was mostly away from home because of his work and (besides his modesty) he and my Mom got divorced when I was 12 so didn't have never again the chance to see him naked.

My father did a runner when I was 4 years old, as a result I had no father figure to talk about it to.

That said up until the age of 16, due to my small frame I always seemed to have a "big one" As I got to 18 I'd developed a very broad, muscular body which very much reversed that view! I guess in my early 20's was when my insecurities increased severely and it would've been a help having a dad or father figure to talk to on the subject.

After therapy I talked to many friends on the topic and all responded well with Frank and in depth conversation. It surprised me to learn how many friends had the same fears, I'd seen many guys erect, mainly from my friends circle, who I'd always seen as bigger than me (that's the optical illusion thing) but through talking realised that actually, the vast majority were in the 5"-6" range.

So for me I only managed to talk to anyone about the issue after my darkest days had gone by and that was something my therapist encouraged me to do. Guy's are much more open to discussion than we're led to believe, simply because most guys are in the average range thus share the same fears, some more than others.

My best buddy at 4.5"-4.75" erect has been the guy I've talked to the most by a long way and we've been a great support for one another. I may be larger than him erect but he's much larger than me flaccid so it works for both of us.

Incidentally, when my mum caught me masturbating in my teens she did comment "Who's getting a big boy, you're already doing better than your father" before leaving my room giggling. She took the mickey out of me for years after that incident! So embarrassing!

That's great to hear that you did end up getting the support. Even though I had a dad who was involved and open minded i still had a hard time talking to him about penis size.

We could talk about Everything else but when it came to that subject i was always very sheepishand dishonest about it. I just felt like there was something very wrong with me since i knew i didn't measure anywhere near him.

It wasn't until years later that after an embarrassing experience that we did finally talk about it. Wish I had done it sooner and on all my own terms

In my case, by the time I started developing (around age 12) my parents were already split and divorced, and apart from my Dad I had no other adult male I could ask about all those topics. I had mostly spare information from a bit older male cousins and some friend's older brothers, never in a serious educational talk but as a way of teasing or bothering me, because of the body changes I've been going through. By the time I was 16 I had already realized I was on the small side, that made me feel really embarrassed and sad.

The only person I was confident enough to dare asking about my size back then was my Dr, the one who performed my very first (and totally unexpected) full physical when I was 13 years old.

In this country it's almost a norm that when you turn 12 you switch from a Pediatrician to a general Doctor and that's what I did. He was in his late 50s.

I visited him every time I felt sick, not for a yearly physical because that's not something we are accustomed to do (you only see your Doctor when you are ill).

Considering that from age 13 until I turned 22 (right before his passing) he had seen me fully naked (and many times erected) almost every year, I thought he was the right person I could ask that.

So in one of my visits to his Practice I finally did it. I asked his opinion, his thoughts about my penis size, my balls and everything related. He looked at me with a smile on his face and said "Kid, there is nothing to be worried about, you're perfectly normal in that department, your penis size is normal, your testes are also normal as everyone else's, so be cool, don't have to think about it! Besides, you'd be fully developed when you turn 18, and probably you'll have a little more gains until you reach that age".

Unfortunately that never happened, I had almost no changes at all. Now I think when he told me those "White Lies" he probably knew that, and he did it to ease my worries about that subject. And he really achieved that because his words made me feel confident and more comfortable with myself during a pretty long time.

I remember seeing my dad's penis when I was about 13. We went to the YMCA to play raquetball and we hit the showers afterwards. I was feeling very shy to shower, as I'd never showered in a locker room before.

I was almost disappointed to see that he had a biggish dick, not huge, but probably bigger than most men, as I had already figured out that mine was smaller than the boys my age and height and such. It should have given me hope I would develop and I certainly did pray that I would, but that never did happen.

Have you ever seen your father's penis?

[color:green]Yes, many times growing up - he was rather casual about nudity at home. Last time was probably around age 13 or so.[/color]

How did it happen that you saw it?

[color:green]Like I said, he was casual about nudity. Would walk around in a robe not too tightly tied or to/from the bathroom completely naked. I think, looking back, he may have done so on purpose for his boys.[/color]

Was it hard or soft?

[color:green]Soft every time.[/color]

Was it "in action" when you saw it?

[color:green]Nope, just swinging.[/color]

Was he cut or uncut?

[color:green]Cut, like me and my brothers. I didn't see my first "natural" penis until I was 12 (a slightly older Greek exchange student at school - fascinating).[/color]

How do you compare with him?

[color:green]Well, like many of the guys here have noted, he seemed HUGE when I saw him, especially compared to my little stub and walnut-sized balls. But what I remember was my impression that he was VERY thick and large, and he had all that hair. I didn't know anyone who wasn't a grown up had hair until, when I was about 7 or so, he took me to the high school locker room (he was a teacher and part-time coach) and I was surrounded by a sea of teen penises - and they all had all that hair! No shaving back then. But, I digress... So how do I compare? Even though I acknowledge that his size in my memory may have been influenced by my tiny size at the time, I really do think I'm probably smaller now than he would have been at my age now.[/color]

After the experiences guys had here with their own dads, did it affect your decision to be open about nudity with your own sons? Or did it kind of enforce shame so you kept it hidden from him out of fear he would be bigger/make fun/whatever?

My son is bigger than me now, and we still see each other nude quite often. I don't even try to hide my nudity around him because it is what it is. Granted, I also didn't have bad experiences growing up being bullied for size or anything, and my dad and I were also really open about nudity.

So how did seeing, or not seeing, affect your own decision as a dad?

• 1 month later...

[color:orange][/color]

My father used to be naked around us (my brother and I) quite often. As young boys, we took it very naturally but this changed when we entered our teens. We'd only see him naked very seldom until one day, I had a glimpse of my father's erect penis. I was very impressed about his girth. Now I'm a father myself and I can say (with certain pride) I owe him what I've got. Hopefully my son will also have the girth his grandad and I have.

:bowdown: :penis: :aok:

I've always kind of wondered, is it considered abnormal to see your dad's junk?  Or want to?  My guess is that it's normal to want to. Anyway, I saw my dad in his underwear a lot. Even as a little kid I tried to get a look without getting caught looking when I'd be at the table having breakfast or coloring or whatever I was doing when he got up. I just wanted to know what it looked like.

The first time I got to see it all out there was when he called me in to get stuff out of the cabinet when he was in a shower. When I saw the curtain pulled open and saw him standing there waiting I was so uncomfortable and nervous I tried to look anywhere else but directly at it Lol  after that first time I guess the ice was broken because I saw him fully naked several times after that. 

It was really different than I expected. Really hairy.  I don't know why I didn't expect that. I imagine if we stood face to face now they would look very similar because his wasn't very big but it was a fatty. I think that surprised me the most to see how thick it was. I'd gotten glances at other adults naked at the pool and they didn't look like that. I always imagined his would be small and skinny because of how it didn't make that much of an impression in his underwear. Pretty big balls and a hefty looking fat dick was a surprise. Good to know though.  It answered a lot of questions for me to see it.

Have you ever seen your father's penis?  Yes many times

How did it happen that you saw it? He took me and my  1  1/2 year younger brother to the pool often when we were growing up.

Was it hard or soft? Soft

Was it "in action" when you saw it? no

Was he cut or uncut? Cut

How do you compare with him? Tiny. As we got older into puberty age I also noticed my younger brother getting bigger than me. He got this penis from our Dad. Not sure where I got this pathetic tiny thing from!

Penis size for the most part, is inherited from the mother's side. That by no means is the rule of thumb because there's so many factors that determine penis size. If a woman had 10 sons genetics would see to it that at least 6 of her sons had a penis size similar to the males on her side of the family. For some that's a good thing, for others it's not such a good thing and this is why many guys don't have a penis size like their father. 

My son for instance has a very large flaccid size and he clearly didn't inherit those genes from me! 

2 hours ago, Red Scott said:

Penis size for the most part, is inherited from the mother's side. That by no means is the rule of thumb because there's so many factors that determine penis size. If a woman had 10 sons genetics would see to it that at least 6 of her sons had a penis size similar to the males on her side of the family. For some that's a good thing, for others it's not such a good thing and this is why many guys don't have a penis size like their father. 

My son for instance has a very large flaccid size and he clearly didn't inherit those genes from me! 

That matches with my own experience. My mother recently told me that my flaccid size (I don't think/hope she's knows my erect size) is closer to that of her father (=my grandfather) than my father's which is clearly smaller.

Son's Answers                                    Dad's Answers                                                         

Have you ever seen your father's penis?            Yes many times                                 Yes many times

How did it happen that you saw it?                    We're nudists, showering                Use to see it all the time when he slept and it was                                                                                                                                                         coming out of the open fly in his boxers

Was it hard or soft?                                                  Seen it both soft and hard              Soft

Was it "in action" when you saw it?                     Both in action and not                     No

Was he cut or uncut?                                              Cut                                                         Cut

How do you compare with him?                          Much larger                                         Same size

Edited by Guest
formatting

@William_S "So how did seeing, or not seeing, affect your own decision as a dad?"

It made me very open to nudity at home. But, then again, my brother forcing me to go nude at home also played a large part in it.  Once I realized how much I enjoyed being nude at home (or out in the mountains or wherever/whenever I could), I knew I wanted to raise any children I'd have to be comfortable with being nude at home.  I really do believe all family members should be "OK" with being nude around each other.  If not "full time," then whenever it might happen (typically to/from showers and such - or skinny dipping on a pool).

So when my son came along, I continued going nude at home and we allowed him to do so, also, when it was just the three of us at home.  His mother, however, developed "body issues" and stopped going nude at home after he was born.  Then came daughter number one.  She and her big brother would be nude from time to time - it really was and IS no big deal, I think, unless the parents make it a big deal.  Daughter number two came two years later, and we all just pressed on.  It wasn't until the youngest was about three or so that their mother decided they should run around naked and neither should their dad.  I didn't see this as a big deal, so I agreed, which I NOW believe to be a big mistake.  But that's another story.

So, yes, I think my dad's openness helped me to realize that it's OK to be nude at home, even though I didn't want to be when I was 11 or so and younger.

I saw my dad's penis a couple of times.  never hard, but usually in the shower or at boy scout camp.  he was cut and much larger than I am.  it was not a open viewing so to speak.  He did openly show it to me. 

I did see him erect one time by complete accident.  I looked thru a small opening in their bedroom door.