Guys 'look' in the locker room. especially straight guys

RodEnuf

Guys 'look' in the locker room, especially straight guys

Source: Queerty.com

1403048139-Shower.jpg

A podiatrist who started out doing a PHD study on athletes and footwear came across some surprisingly big findings when the connection between foot size and penis size came up.

Dr. Christopher Morriss-Roberts interviewed four straight and four gay athletes from various sports about their footwear and foot size.

We’ve all heard of the connection between sizable feet and sizable packages, so this is where the findings about penis size and its connection to masculinity in sports came about.

Dr. Morriss-Roberts found that straight or gay, guys check out other guys in the locker room, and the findings are very much tied to who is seen as more masculine and athletic on the field:

The research suggested that men look at each other's cocks, as a gauge to see how big or small they are, comparing themselves to the rest of the team or men in the locker room. The activity of checking out each other occurred irrelevant of sexuality and the type of sport; all participants noted that they looked at each other's cocks in the locker room.

This knowing of who has a large cock and who didn't within a homosocial environment helped individual sporting males climb up a social hierarchy of importance. Those with the larger penises were revered and idolized by their teammates as a symbol of masculinity.

Surprisingly enough, the straight athletes were more open about checking each other out and even “fluffing” themselves to appear bigger in the locker room, whereas the gay athletes were uncomfortable with the same type of locker room interactions with straight athletes.

This looking and/or fear of looking became quite interesting in the shower, where some of the straight athletes suggested that they “slap their cock around a bit” so it didn't look too small in the communal showers. The gay athletes didn't report this as something they would do; they did suggest that there was an attempt to perform in a heteronormative manner to de-emphasize queer behavior, and having an erection wasn't a good way to go about it.

So, the "gayest-acting" guys in the locker room are the straight ones? Got it, though we’d wager that anyone walking around the locker room with a semi is looking for something.

The full study is even more fascinating, but we suggest taking this a step further, preferably with video of some sort.

You know, just to be certain.

We never had any teasing in our school. THe PE teacher made it clear at the beginning of the year that this would not be tolerated and we listened (mostly).

BTW the study says 8 people and some IPA makes small samples acceptable....does the rest of the research world agree with this I wonder. Also it later states that these finding may not be true for other sports blah blah blah.....and why is a podiatrist doing research on social/psycho/homogenous/footsize/athleticism/homoerotica or whatever it was. LOL

in 4 years of high school (grades 9 through 12) our whole gym class took showers together, one shower room with several shower heads. I never did see an erection. I didn't know anything about "fluffing" so I didn't do it and don't know if anyone else did.

well some of us older guys did have to do it. and hey believe it or not showers are one thing, taking showers with poles and 4 shower heads and damn don't any one here tell me this is not true. or even try to challenge me on this but when i was in high school the guys had to swim nude when the gym classes had their swimming day. so every guy in the class swam naked so after that taking a shower was simple.

Agree with Zebraben! Got used to naked swim periods on Saturday mornings at the YMCA, guys 9-17yo. Among the younger group, I loved getting to see the 'older guys', their bigger dicks, and the pubes they had! :) While swimming, got a real thrill out of making 'innocent' body contact with those other naked bodies in the pool! :blush: :devil: Developed a technique of swimming underwater, going under a guy, flipping on my back at the right moment, brushing up against the other guy's dick with mine! "Oops, sorry!" :P

Agree with Zebraben! Got used to naked swim periods on Saturday mornings at the YMCA, guys 9-17yo. Among the younger group, I loved getting to see the 'older guys', their bigger dicks, and the pubes they had! :) While swimming, got a real thrill out of making 'innocent' body contact with those other naked bodies in the pool! :blush: :devil: Developed a technique of swimming underwater, going under a guy, flipping on my back at the right moment, brushing up against the other guy's dick with mine! "Oops, sorry!" :P More often than not, continuing on underwater, getting lost in the crowd of the other guys. Never got yelled at or anything. :smirk:

You just brought back a memory. We had a fluffer in the army. He was a tall thin Puerto Rican. He was HUNG. He'd get it just short of standing up then stop. We got to the point where no one would shower while he was in there. There was another guy who was dead on average. He'd undress upstairs, throw the towel over his shoulder, go down and shower and return the same way. I always admired him for his courage. But that was in the days when we didn't talk about such things. No one ever said a word about either of them.

yes you did not see fluffers a lot back then but now a days its very very common. lots of guys, especially the younger guys, will go into a locker room and, to be very frank, if they see a guy like me with a small dick and they are hung maybe a little bit better, they will do this even by taking soap and soaping their cock so it gets semi hard. it use to bother me, but now i think its kind of cute when they do that cause hell, they're doing me a favor. so much more to admire.

and yes billinny, that was a great time to see the guys at different ages, nothing to hide. course in school you did it or failed the class. the coach was a great guy. i never did the under water thing but it was so cool as a guy swam by swimming laps seeing the balls floating. or ok ill say it, going by the pool filter and standing in front of the suction from it. the force of the filter against the bare dick, oh those were the days.

didn't see any extremes --big or small--except for two small guys in those 4 years. we were all within an inch or two of each other. One day the coach got in the shower and he was no bigger than us teen agers.

Fluffing used to refer to simply getting the dick out of a shriveled, retracted state, not getting anywhere near hard.

Being nude wasn't a problem for me except for the knowledge of the "cockrocacy", ie. that your status on the team was actually affected.

always wanted that job. back in my days, the locker rooms use to have metal baskets that you put your cloths into. the basket had a number on it and you got a numbered pin to wear. man wish i had that job. all those naked guys coming up to get their cloths. but a few years back i did get a job in a health club in a mens locker room stocking towels, taking readings on the whirlpool, filling the soap in the showers, admiring dick after dick especially the ones who stood there naked, bull shitting to me. hard to look a guy in the eyes when my eyes are elsewhere. oh and over the hill this was not meant as a comment to what you wrote, just a true story bout locker rooms.

This looking and/or fear of looking became quite interesting in the shower, where some of the straight athletes suggested that they 'slap their cock around a bit' so it didn't look too small in the communal showers. The gay athletes didn't report this as something they would do; they did suggest that there was an attempt to perform in a heteronormative manner to de-emphasize queer behavior, and having an erection wasn't a good way to go about it.

I think this is often the case. Gay guys are very careful for no one to see them peeking, while straight guys peek and don't worry about looking gay. Go figure! :shrug:

while straight guys peek and don't worry about looking gay. Go figure! :shrug:

In my day, the well hung guys would look and talk about it because, in spite of differences, they were all basically happy with what they had. . . all big fun! Most of the athletes were above average.

The small like me, on the other hand, didn't want to get caught looking because we didn't want to appear concerned or provoke discussion, etc.

The "cockrocracy" concept really captures the whole issue.

you know what i am proud of what i have and i enjoy looking at cock and if people dont like what i have then on the other end i have some thing else please step up it very careful. we all have cocks like my doctor told me back in high school physical time all guys have the same thing. i truly believe him every time i see mine and a 8 inch cock but it is what it is why worry bout size when im finding out how much fun cocks can be. now side step around that

and yes, you're right. let a gay guy look at a cock and it's like what are you looking at? but let a straight guy do it and its like oh size comparing. yes, yes, that was my story back then. till the truth slapped the hell out of me. now its like no more making up tales of the unknown. feels so good to say i'm me. i'm finally free.

bottom line is us older guys had to show it back then -- nude swimming in high school, pole showers and yes you were required to take showers and even to be checked for things like athlete's foot. young guys today hide behind curtains in the showers or stall showers with doors to close to hide it away. pity. thing is, young guys are suppose to be more free, more brave. but hell, it's not true. but even though i had to show it, it didn't help me, cause today i am afraid to show it.

... cause today i am afraid to show it.

Ben, you've shown your dick in video chat.

I've seen it and I've enjoyed watching you play with it on cam.

We don't criticize or make fun of each other here.

We accept people and celebrate our diversity.