Wrestling Team?

I really wanted to join a football team (the one with the round ball) when I was younger, but the idea of group showers stopped me from doing so.

Later, by chance, I learned that I was pretty good at another sport. At the repeated behest of several random passersby, who regularly stopped to watch some of my friends and I play, I joined a club. Fortunately there was no danger of group showers when playing this sport... not so fortunately, my penis still managed to ruin things in an unexpected way and I was forced to quit after 2 seasons.

A little later, I briefly considered taking up boxing... until I learned there was a distinct possibility that I'd have to strip down to my underwear for weigh ins.

A nude weigh in sounds brutal! There is/was zero chance of me ever playing a sport that would require those.

Nude weigh-in's.......... Nah! Not me lol.

I was a talented downhill mountain biker, which was great as there was no communal showers! Most mountains and hill sides don't have showers so that had to wait until you got back to base/home.

Our team base had communal changing but showers were cubicles which was fine for me!

• 10 months later...

Oh yeah I would've loved to have participated in sports where I could interact with other naked men lol.

Unfortunately I was always hung up about the size of my flaccid cock. The thought of having someone laugh at me and have to hear it at school everyday sounded like a nightmare.

So I excluded myself from such activities. I never set foot in a high school locker room during my high school years. My first locker room experience where I showered was in the gym when I was about 19.

I never went out for any sports in school just because of the fear from open showers, among other reasons such as transportation to-from practice, fear of failure, lack of talent, etc. Now I have regrets that I never tried, especially when I was invited to the swim, track and cross country teams.

I don't think I could have wrestled in a singlet or swam in a speedo without getting laughed at.

It's a terrible affliction to either be small or think you are small, to the point that you miss out on activities you would love to take part in or indeed even excel in!

If only schools had to provide private shower cubicles for all students, then most of this would be prevented, with the exception of where Speedos etc need to be worn.

I remember wrestling in grade 8 and having to do a nude weigh in front of older boys as well. Nothing like being naked and smaller than the other boys around you.

We had to take showers after basketball practices and games. Nothing like being 12 or 13 and puberty hasn't quite hit and you are naked and your cock is hairless in front of 25 other guys.

It was in high school sports where I was learning I had a boy sized cock.

Now THIS was a depressing read! I think it's terrible that any boy would have such a fear of being seen naked. It just tells me we're not the people we once were.

Now, don't get me wrong, that first day of gym class when I was 12 and stood there in the locker room with about 30 other 12 year old boys, pretty much all dreading what we all knew was to come - yes, I was scared. But it wasn't a fear based on concern about size - that thought just wasn't in my head. But - being seen NAKED? By the coach AND all the other guys? Now THAT struck fear in me!

But the coach had us all stand there. He gave us a stern lecture. Essentially, he told us we all had "the same equipment so this was just no big deal. It was mandatory so don't waste a lot of time getting worked up about it. You'll get used to it fairly quickly. There will be NO name calling, there will be NO teasing, whatsoever. Got it? Good, now get changed into your gear - you have two minutes!" And with that, we all just turned to our lockers and took everything off and put on our gym stuff. There was no "commando" allowed. We all had to have a jock strap. Didn't have to have cups, just the elastic support type. Nobody looked around much - well, that is *I* didn't look around much, I was too busy getting covered back up as quickly as I could.

Then, after gym, it was time for the showers. Again, the coach got us all together. Repeated what he'd said before about "equipment" and NO teasing, and then told us we had only five minutes to get showered, dressed, and get to our next class. We hauled! There really wasn't much time to think about it, but suddenly I was surrounded by a bunch of guys I knew, and every one of us was totally naked. Yes, OK, we all looked a little, but honestly, we were all small and bald and in too big of a hurry to do any serious recon!

I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like, in no time, changing in front of my classmates was just no big thing. Showers? Same thing. Sometimes you'd be talking about something as you walked naked to the showers - keep talking while showering - walk back to your lockers naked - and then stand there still talking until the coach (or another kid) yelled that we had to move it!

By the time puberty hit, it was, again, just no big deal. Yes, some boys were later than others, some had smaller penises and some noticeably larger - but the thing is, you NEVER commented on another boy's size. It just wasn't done. Like it or not, that was mostly due to fear of being pegged as being homosexual ("Oh, so you think Tom's dick is small? So you were checking out his dick, huh? You like checking out dicks?" etc, etc. Rightly or wrongly, it was a societal thing - you never talked about another guy's size.

So... how did we get from THAT attitude to where most of you guys are now? What happened? I've heard it blamed on overprotective moms - but, honestly, I couldn't begin to guess what would cause such a major shift in our society's perception of communal nudity (at least, within the same sex).

Sorry for the LONG post, but it really does bother me that guys (men AND boys) can't just be who they are with none of this BS about size.

oh yes, i heard that song and dance and its so fucked up. we've all got the same thing, oh how true. it wasn't a lie it's fucking true. we all have a dick and a pair of balls. so true, very true. but what they failed to say was size and shape. i'm to the point where it's like who should really care, but there are guys who cram it down your throat. if you want to feel bad let someone know your dick is small.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, twin_exhaust said:

@CuriousNow   My experience was almost identical, except there was no lecture from the coach and we were allowed to wear whitey tighties instead of a jock.

We had no choice with the jock.  We had to wear them and the first day I am sure the PE teacher was in the changeroom.  We had school issued shorts and T-shirt.

I wrestled my freshman and sophomore years of high school.  I always wore a jock strap to weigh ins and also under my singlets.  My balls were large enough it gave me a bulge an concealed my dick showing although it was usually meaty and looked bigger.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:20 PM, Ruly said:

I wish wrestling was still done in the nude.

Uh... when and where was that (other than the early Olympics)?  Of course, I've read about nude swimming in schools, but never nude wrestling.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, twin_exhaust said:

@CuriousNow   My experience was almost identical, except there was no lecture from the coach and we were allowed to wear whitey tighties instead of a jock.

Well, it was jocks only for me in the US.  But, in England, I remember many of the boys just had their tighties and some went commando.  At age 11 & 12, I guess that wasn't a bad option, but I was 13 when I got there and, although certainly no stud muffin, I did have a little something and it would not have been comfortable running, much less doing anything else, without a jock (or the tighties - anything to keep things from flopping/bouncing about).

• 3 weeks later...

Besides playing football in high school and college, I wrestled in high school. When soft, I have a very small cock. (Actually, when hard, too!) But big balls. In my singlet, I showed two eggs topped by a thimble. It was kinda hot knowing all the spectators in the stands could see it. Girls thought I was cute back then. I guess an appreciation of cock size develops late in teenage girls. 

There was a picture of me in the sports section of the local newspaper. Although I eventually won the match, my back was arched, like I was in imminent danger of being pinned. Prominently displayed between my muscular thighs were my little nub and balls. I'm surprised it wasn't censored. If anyone back then supposed I was hung because of my height and build, that pic dispelled those thoughts completely. I still run across it from time to time. 

I was a much better football player. In my senior year, I lost to a kid two years younger in his first year of wrestling. He couldn't believe he'd won. Embarrassing. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2015 at 6:43 PM, Red Scott said:

It's a terrible affliction to either be small or think you are small, to the point that you miss out on activities you would love to take part in or indeed even excel in!

If only schools had to provide private shower cubicles for all students, then most of this would be prevented, with the exception of where Speedos etc need to be worn.

I was on swim teams in high school. It also meant i was seen in a Speedo at my community pool because i was on that swim team as well. Oddly i dont think i ever really cared about my size in the suit.