I don't seem to be able to take a compliment about my penis...

Mike52

I know I suffer from both small-penis syndrome, and retroactive jealousy, so guess this plays a big factor in this.

My girlfriend, who has been single, and sexually active for about 18 years, and has "seen and had it all". Is always complimenting me. I can handle the "you know how to play me like an instrument" and "you know how to push my buttons" but I bristle about specific compliments about my penis.

Things like "I love every bit of you, from your head to your toes, and everything in between". Or "wow, you felt so deep just now, think you were bumping up against my ovaries". Just turn me off.

have previous lovers complimented it also? i mean is she the exception or does she continue a pattern?

With her now for about a year, after a 33 year relationship, so no previous lovers unless you go back to adolecence.

But c'mon, I can feel she's not small down there, and I'm not hitting the end of anything.

It is not the compliment; it is an insincere compliment that is bothering you. You do not believe the compliment. You should let her know those kind of compliments anger you.

I do, but she insists her compliments are real, and said in the heat of the moment, not to make me feel better about myself. She says she doesn't like having to watch what she says, and simply says what comes to mind in the moment.

I think you've got to learn how to accept that, regardless of what YOU think of your cock, she has a completely different image of it. Remember, she hasn't lived through what you have or felt what you felt, so to her these compliments are completely justified and appropriate in the heat of the moment. You don't want to turn her away with your inability to believe in the sincerity of her comments.

If you don't or can't believe that she's being honest, you have to find some way to get around the compliments, so that she at least doesn't feel like you don't appreciate (or even worse resent) her comments, whether they're attempts to make you feel better or they're genuine.

Yeah, compliments about my penis have always turned me off, even when I tried to pretend I was average (6" so I thought). Of course, this was because I was convinced a priori the compliments were intentional lies.

A few of the compliments probably were not lies, but relief on the part of a woman that I GREW from my tiny almost non-existant flaccid!

Edited by Guest

Perhaps you underestimate yourself? It's all in the pupils my friend. Her pupils will dilate when she's aroused, the more aroused the more they dilate, at the point of orgasm literally no iris is visible as they dilate fully.

So look into her eyes as your giving her a good time and then start believing what she's telling you! Just looking into each other's eye's increases arousal (this is of course assuming your not a "lights off" couple)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that fake compliments are a huge turn off. One thing I've learned is I know nothing about vaginas, though. So maybe I'm not the one to throw the challenge flag when a woman describes how she feels downstairs. Do your best to appreciate the fact that she enjoys it, and if it still seems insincere, I think it's not unreasonable to tell her that it isn't helping.

• 1 year later...