The nude beach

Bluewater

. . . for the first time, I had a conversation with someone. She turned out to be a lesbian, which actually made me more at ease.

Hey Guy!

I would tend to agree with that assessment, vis-a-vis lesbians and your being more at ease at being nude in that aura, as lesbians are not out there shopping for dick.

My most insane encounter at the gay nude beach also involved a conversation with a female, who in fact was NOT a lesbian.

The scenario: A heavy-set, older gentleman with an extremely attractive woman showed up one day, along with their darling pooch. The couple proceeded to get naked in a rather non-chalant manner. In the meantime, after a bit of exploratory research, my dog insisted on humping her dog. And then, after an additional short interval, her dog came around looking for more. In any case, this continuing situation eventually led us to engage in the usual pet-owner shop-talk chit-chat, while each of us gamely attempted to keep the dogs separated.

Afterward, a friend who had accompanied me, and who is supremely excellent at facial recognition, pointed out that the woman in question was an international celebrity whose name and couture would be instantly identifiable. I, for my part, did not recognize her without her clothes on. :content:

Rick

A few years ago I went with my then-girlfriend to a beach in Spain that was clothing optional. It wasn't especially busy and the younger people generally wore something though almost everyone was topless. The confidence of some of the retired men and women was amazing - walking around, swimming, standing in the sun; and completely unabashed about their bodies, which were often far from perfect.

My girlfriend spent most of our time on the beach completely nude. I wouldn't quite go that far though by the end of the week I was comfortable changing without covering myself with a towel and was seen by a fair few people. If I went back there, now a bit older, I would go completely naked. You only live once etc.

Maybe I should of said "clothing optional" instead of nude. That takes the pressure off until you relax and start enjoy your surroundings.

Hey Guy!

No, you stated the title correctly.

Almost all "nude" beaches are actually "clothing optional." The the whole point of going there is to be nude, not to leave one's clothes on, although that's still an option.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to many nude beaches over the past 20 years. The first time I went I was nervous and concerned about my penis size. That lasted about a half hour and by the end of the day I couldn't have cared less, and have never given it another thought.

There are all sizes to be found at a nude beach, from tiny to super large. And no one cares. That's the point. Same is true for body types from bone thin to very fat. The point is to enjoy the freedom and experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to Orient Beach St Martin, Hidden Beach Mexico and Desires Mexico.

We also had a nude beach near where I live that was closed by the present administration. It was nicked named lighthouse beach. It was on federal property.

Now that I also live in Florida part time I have been to Haulover Beach twice.

I am smaller than most. Not as small as some. When I go to the nude beach I am usually the smallest.

Being nude in public is the most liberating thing a person can do. Once you take off your clothes you are opening yourself. Everyone is on even ground.

We have many nudist friends and no one had ever mentioned dick size.

Honest, it's a true story. When I was in the navy in Hawaii, I was riding with my young son on the North Shore when I stopped to help a guy with car trouble. He said he would appreciate it if I would give him a ride to his workplace. He had two huge dogs with him, but I had a VW camper, so it was no problem.

He had me driving down old beach roads and underbrush. I knew we were headed toward the ocean, but couldn't figure out what kind of workplace this guy had. Turned out he was the director of his own little nudist colony, and there were only naked guys there. I had lived on the North Shore for years and never realized this place existed.

He thanked me and said I was welcome to stay and spend some time on the beach. The place was so secluded and inviting it was hard to resist. Looking around I saw another dad with his young son, so I felt better about taking the plunge.

And you are right, there is nothing quite as liberating as running free and in the nude across pristine sands and the crashing surf.

I might add that it wasn't the first time my son had seen naked guys or ladies on a beach. Swimming on the north shore beaches you get kind of used to that. It was just the first time I joined in. It was great and made a friend with that other dad too.

• 5 years later...