Waxing?

I'm considering getting professionally waxed before my first resort trip. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? Is it awkward? I've tried to wax at home- super painful and even a bit bloody. Hoping the pros do it better. Also, I've been around naked women a lot, but not sure how I'll do with a clothed woman while I am naked. I assume the same professionalism one would expect in a doctors office applies here, but I don't know.

Edited by Guest

Been there, done that.

Go laser or IPL for a better & more permanent result.

Wish I'd made the decision years ago.

Cheers

Edit, Don't worry about staff, they are very professional & it's just routine to them.

Trust me I know; my Missus waxes a dozen or more Twats a week, they are either routine or a huge challenge.

Edited by Guest

It's virtually painless and the results are definitely worthwhile. 'Worst case scenario' is that you end up with an unwanted erection (happened to me) but that is fairly common anyway, and your aesthetician will likely be used to it.

Waxing is going to be mildly painful whoever does it, but the pain only lasts for as long as it takes the strip to be removed. It should never be bloody or super painful, I think you didn't remove the wax strip fast enough!

As for your modesty when I had waxing done at a salon I was given a towel to cover myself and was told only to uncover what was necessary. They are very professional people.

Okay, I do have experience with this. I have been going to a lady for about a year and she is great. She is very professional about it. She uses very specific and high quality waxes, which are for used in these sensitive areas. It's not the same stuff they would use for waxing a back or legs. It is only mildly painful, like a quick sting but goes away very quickly. Technique is everything and she specializes in male Brazilian waxing. As for any embarrassment of an erection, it doesn't even phase her. She has about seen it all and fluctuation in the penis during waxing is very common and normal. The thing I love about her and have told her, she doesn't make me shameful of my under endowment. I was nervous about that at first but from moment one, felt very confident with her.

Her shop is in Carlsbad, CA. PureWaxingForMen.com is her site. Cannot say enough good about her.

Edited by Guest
Made link clickable.

Hey ridgeback,

I've never been waxed. as I just love the feel of shaved penis and balls, I've searched for something which would not leave me itching and with razor bumps. If I'm allowed to tell about something I've found for a not much money, around $50. I bought something called the "Yes" from Amerimark and for a small rechargeable cutter I've found it to be perfect for helping me achieve the desired effect with comfort.

I bought something called the "Yes" . . .

Looks similar to the "No No" hair remover I've seen advertised on TV. But it's not. It's a shaver of some sort. Here's the "Yes" available from Amazon.com for $33.14.

51F0c8tFzXL._SY450_.jpg

Be sure to read the reviews. A lot of them are negative.

Alan G

[Note: Using the link gives referral credit to Measurection.]

Waxing is going to be mildly painful whoever does it, but the pain only lasts for as long as it takes the strip to be removed. It should never be bloody or super painful, I think you didn't remove the wax strip fast enough!

A lot of people who try it for themselves don't realise you need to make sure the wax doesn't stick to the skin. That can cause for bleeding.

Professionals will give the area either a really thin coating of oil, or lightly dust the area with talc to prevent this.

Cheers

Edited by Guest

My aesthetician is a guy. He prefers I get hard when he has to remove hairs from my cock. He says it works better. It seems true. I do not find cock or balls being waxing very painful. But if you are going on vacation you should have waxing done at least two weeks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

You may be already for your trip, but there is a depilatory cream that worked well for me called BallsBalm. It's specifically for your balls, so it's sensitive and available on Amazon. Keeps things nice and smooth for a while. I would just put on a plastic glove and apply a small amount gently to my nuts and into my taint, and wait about 5-10 minutes, then rinse in the shower...nice and smooth for weeks...

• 2 years later...