53 and struggle with quick ejaculation

In addition to having a small penis, I have a problem with not being able to last very long.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it's a problem I should worry about. I never really had a problem with my ex-wife. The foreplay/sex was OK and she never complained.

I've had one GF since the marriage ended and she didn't enjoy sex. She told me that before we ever hooked up. So no idea if it was good or bad or indifferent to her.

Lately I've been spending time with prostitutes/massage girls. It's easier than dealing with rejection.

But I'm usually done within a minute of them grinding on top of me. The only time I've ever lasted more than a few minutes was about 4 years ago. I indulged in one hooker, then another a couple of hours later. The second one I fucked while she was laying on her back and I was standing at the side of the bed. Seemed like I could go forever but I finally popped after about 25 minutes because it was obvious it was time. And man did my legs hurt like hell for 4 or 5 days. I had trouble walking. LOL.

I haven't had a lot of partners. 4 if you don't include hookers/massage girls. The first two were back in high school and college before the ex-wife.

I am also overweight, so that doesn't help. I can't even see my erection over my gut.

I've tried condoms that supposedly were able to numb you enough to slow down cumming. I've looked into the sprays on Adam and Eve. Not sure if they work or not. Will probably buy one and experiment.

Anyone have any advice?

I used to think of math or engineering problems--now that makes me just lose my erection. Also, weed was big help when the partner happened to have some.

Edited by Guest

take it from a old geezer don't buy the spray called all night long. it is a spray and does not work. i tried it and I know I'm old and it should not matter to me bout sex or masturbating at my age but this spray does not work. that's all I will say. now that I'm feeling better I don't need things like that any more.

Women can sense when you are thinking about baseball to try to last longer. they wont enjoy it if we aren't enjoying it. The only advice i have is make it all about them and not you, you'll wind up focused on thier pleasure and less in your own head thinking about trying to keep from cumming.

I'm not sure prostitutes want you to last a long time though, you're probably doing them a favor in being quick.

This problem is usually born out of our own anxiety surrounding the fear of coming too quickly. The more we think about it the more it happens and it quickly becomes a viscous circle. It's easier said than done to overcome it, but it can be done if we get the idea out of our heads.

Try not to focus on a dull subject as this often stops you relaxing and enjoying sex and as one poster has already said women then pick up on the fact that you aren't enjoying it.

If you are going to try the creams designed to delay ejaculation then get one prescribed by a doctor as these are the real deal and do work to a degree, one draw back is that they can cause you to lose your erection if you apply too much, the de-sensitising effect goes too far!

The key obviously is relaxation and confidence, not letting anxiety creep into your thoughts. I found the best way of dealing with it was through masturbation and the practice of "edging" which is keeping yourself on the edge of ejaculation for as long as possible and learning how to prevent yourself going over the edge! It's great fun and finally letting yourself go results in a very intense ejaculation. In a matter of a few weeks you've managed to learn to control when you ejaculate and this enables you to last much longer in 99% of sexual encounters.

Good luck and enjoy learning.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the opposite problem and just discovered why. I was talking with my internist yesterday and he specializes in premature ejaculation. Before I walked out, I said "I've got one more thing I want to ask you. I can't seem to have an orgasm anymore and I don't know why." He immediately said "It's the citalopram (Celexa, for depression and anxiety). I give it to my patients to help with premature ejaculation, and I've had excellent success." There are other antidepressants that have similar effects on ejaculation. You might want to ask your doctor.

By the way, guess who started tapering off of citalopram? LOL

Luke