What makes a bulge dick or balls ?

Heero-9

I am with cyclistinmass, a combo of both cock and balls determine the bulge. Where your cock is positioned makes a difference too, higher on the torso would probably result in a more noticeable and pronounced bulge.

How big are your balls? You seem to be average or larger, according to your dick length and girth in your profile.

:) Sort of in line with this, I'll never forget one of my 8th graders arriving at school one day, with quite a bulge in his pants! The guys and girls sure noticed too. Having been his age once I figured he had a rolled-up sock in his briefs. At the end of the day I got him aside and said he was quite 'visible' down there, but he really didn't have to do that - did he have a rolled sock or something in his pants? He blushed like hell, I said it was OK because I'd done that too at his age, and suggested that it was quite a distraction to rest of the class - besides, the guys in the class and even I had seen him naked in the locker room, so it might set him up for a lot of teasing from the other guys. Actually, he thanked me, said it was a stupid thing to do. That was the end of that, and even years later he remembered that day, and thanked me for that little chat.

Dick, balls, underwear, physique (skinny guys almost always have more package) and also something about positioning on the body: I have a very well-hung friend who doesn't show much package, and it seems to be because he's positioned kind of low. Whereas I've known smaller guys with higher-positioned dick and balls that show more.

One thing's for sure, whilst packages, like soft dicks, can be quite impressive, they give very little clue about what you're actually going to get. And good supportive underwear and the right kind of trousers could give almost anyone a good package.

The question of what makes a "bulge" has many answers.

Penis size

How much penile retraction occurs stood/sat

Testicle size

Retractile (tight) scrotum or loose (hanging)

The position on the torso of the penis

Body weight, more weight hides more bulge

Temperature

Type of underwear worn

This list is by no means exhaustive but it is the main factors which affect bulge size. The biggest contributor if I had to choose just one, I'd say would be testicle size.

With me for instance I find temperature and underwear mostly affect me. The cold for obvious reasons, when it's below 5℃ I present very little bulge. As for underwear, I find when wearing sweat pants/joggers with certain types of boxer briefs I present quite a decent bulge. It tends to be ones with stretchy material, whereas less "giving" material tends to flatten any bulge. Briefs give me a fairly good bulge and normal baggy boxers very little bulge.

You can actually buy briefs and boxer briefs that are designed to lift and push forward your "tackle" These act in the same way as a "Wonderbra" does with breasts.

I purchased a pair on the internet (sorry I can't recall the site) and I must say they certainly do what they are claimed to. The downside for me was a little too much attention and I could see people, women and men, directing their line of vision to my crotch. For some they might be comfortable with that but for me it was attention I wasn't used to and I felt a bit of a fraud, like I was advertising something that wasn't actually there. So after a few weeks I never wore them again!

So there are things you can do to help, like trying different types of underwear and losing weight, the rest I'm afraid is down to what mother nature gave you and where on the body she positioned it.

Okay Scott honey, you've clearly given this ENTIRELY too much thought - I think we need to arrange an intervention!

However, I would have to say that the overwhelming difference is made by the right trousers. Every gay man has a pair of 'man-catching' jeans that show off his package to its best advantage, and my husband says that Pepe jeans could give someone's mother a good package! There used to be a brand called Diesel which I remember had a similar effect and gave me a fantastic package which is remarkable given that a) I'm quite small soft and B) I'm missing a testicle.

Actually, perhaps we'd better make that a joint intervention...

• 3 weeks later...