Why I think "nearly average" can feel small

Funny how we can obsess over half and inch of flesh and worry so much that we are going to be ridiculed. I have to admit when I do see a long swinging cock to feeling a little envious, would be nice to be a "shower" for a change. But when I look around and see the overwhelming majority are small shrunken cocks in gym locker rooms, I say hey, I'm the normal one here.

I think the viewing angle affects our perception also. We're always looking down our bodies to see our own, try taking a look in a full length mirror instead.

• 2 months later...

As I see it the problem we have is that we want to know where we rank against others. To know that we can estimate how we compare in the locker room or hope the published data are accurate. Either way most of us will still be left wondering. Personally I have never on any occasion seen a guy smaller than me in the locker room. I think that is partly because my cock shrinks to nothing when I exercise, especially outdoors. Flaccid dick comparisons are not useful in my opinion because  size is too variable depending on conditions and whether a guy gives his cock a couple of tweaks to make it look better in the showers. If I look at the available data for erect length I am probably a bit longer than average and substantially girthier. The problem here I think is the data may not be very robust.  How does a guy get a full hard on in a clinical setting? Are pharmacologically induced erections as big as fully aroused ones? If you consider the data are generally presented as bone pressed, then by some estimates the average guy would be less than 5 inches without the benefit of a bone pressed rating.

10 hours ago, feelsmall67 said:

As I see it the problem we have is that we want to know where we rank against others. 

Yup, that's it.  A major impact on rank or status in a male group.

8 hours ago, lloydbaker said:

A major impact on rank or status in a male group

Not sure what rank or status you refer too.  Been naked many times around people and unlike hyenas never been the bottom male or alpha dog.  My rank or status if it exists is based on me the whole person.  Always has been always will be.

And no I am not a bottom because of my smaller dick, like so many assume/accept.

1 hour ago, canuck45 said:

Not sure what rank or status you refer too.  Been naked many times around people and unlike hyenas never been the bottom male or alpha dog.  My rank or status if it exists is based on me the whole person.  Always has been always will be.

And no I am not a bottom because of my smaller dick, like so many assume/accept.

Well, you seem to have an average dick.  That would explain your delusive state about how the world works, especially the social hierarchy.

8 minutes ago, lloydbaker said:

That would explain your delusive state about how the world works, especially the social hierarchy.

My not agreeing with your consant negativity and" theories", hardly makes me delusional.
Considering most of the world never sees your penis, how can it be major impact in a social hierarchy?
And those that do see it, usually see it in its flaccid state (my whopping 1" - below average for flaccid?)

I don't think your hypothesis holds water.

How long have you been  projecting your "hypotheses", pointing the finger at the world and how long on addressing the problem.
The problem isn't penis size.

Actually, no.  I'm suggesting that others would see the truth by looking at their own experiences.

Actual views of the penis are relevant in peer group hierarchical status dynamics.

The acceptability and ubiquity of small penis humor lets you know your status according to society.  No view of penis necessary.

With a strong mind you can overcome that all negative suggestions, but most can't.  Exceptions don't disprove the usual.

Sorry, all your negative experience (perspective) have no affect on the world at large  and isn't the "Truth".  you choose it to be your truth and then tell us "Thats the way it is".

8 hours ago, lloydbaker said:

With a strong mind you can overcome that all negative suggestions, but most can't. 

"Most can't", a conclusion pulled out of thin air.
"Most can't", and if you believe this you will never change, a self-fulfilling prophecy, an excuse for not changing, playing the victim.

IF it were true very few could ever change and after working with people for 12 years I see positive change all the time.
Why, they are willing to open their mind and embrace change.

Shows the near universal ubiquity of penis size status hierarchy in the male mind and influenced women.

Thus, I see small penis guys as victims of this hierarchal status system, much like women and less masculine men are victimized.

This does not mean men of strong mind cannot avoid or recover from such systematic victimization.  However, having to fight to avoid or recover is itself a handicap. 

That even average guys such as yourself have to deal with attempted victimization is telling.

• 1 year later...

I’m supposedly average, yet this is not what I see or feel.  I feel emasculated by my 3.2 inch (at most times) flaccid dick and 5.75 inch long, 4.6 inch girth erect.  

Whenever exposed around other naked men/penis’ (in locker rooms, at urinals) I am clearly the shortest & never look as chunky in girth. 

I definitely feel I lack confidence around other men in social situations.  I assume/judge that others are bigger than me.

Edited by Lukeow