Sign in to follow this  
JTT

New Forum Software - Read If You Can't Login

Hey Guys,

We have completed importing our old forum (running FusionBB) to new software (Invision).  This was necessary because the old product was discontinued, and in order to stay updated and secure, things had to progress. 

Because this was an "import" to a different product there will be some "glitches".  Please have patience, it's a new system for you and for us.  But we will do the best we can together.  

LOGGING IN AND YOUR PASSWORD:

• If you are not able to login with your Display Name and Password, then more than likely, you will need to reset your Password via email before you can login
  • If you had a Display Name different from your Login Name, you must login using your Display Name.  This system only uses Display Names.
  • On the login page, you'll see a "Forgot Your Password?" link.  Even though you didn't forget it, it may need to be reset.   
  • Follow this process and it will mail you a link to the email address you used when you registered your account.  Clicking that link will allow you to set a new password (or set the password you had before again).
  • The email comes fairly quickly, but it may take a few minutes to arrive to your email.   Be sure to watch your junk or spam folder.  It will be coming from ipbadmin@measurection.com.
  • After that you should be able to login and it will prompt you to agree to the site rules.  
  • If you still have trouble, or no longer have access to the email address you registered with, send an email via our Contact Form with your Username and we'll reset the password for you.    

USER GROUPS / SOS SPONSORS / SMALLER X-CHANGE:

• Update As of 3/14 - All SOS Sponsors should have been restored.   If you don't have access and you feel that you should, please contact us with the details and we'll get you re-instated.
  • SOS Sponsors have a "SOS Sponsor" graphic below their username when viewing their posts.  
  • If you're under 4.5" erect and don't have access to the Smaller-X-Change and would like it, please contact us.  
  • If you would like to subscribe and Support Our Site, simply click "Support Our Site" in the menu bar for instant access.  
  • Right now, everyone is in the same user group.  I will be rebuilding the SOS Groups and Smaller X-Change user groups just as soon as I can... probably within the next 24-48 hours.  
  • At this moment there is no way to become an SOS Sponsor, I'll be adding a plugin that makes that process even easier and more integrated very shortly.   Once we get that up and running, we'll make an announcement, and appreciate your support. ;) 

PHOTO GALLERY:

• If you currently have photo gallery access, I'll be adding that back in the next day or so.    Thanks for your patience.  
  • Our new software offers a true "gallery" vs. posting photos into a forum type format.  We're going to lock down the existing photo gallery forums so they can be viewed, but we'll setup the new photo galleries to receive all the new photo content.  Over time we'll work to move old photos over to the new gallery.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:

• I've created a Questions Forum just below this one, please post your question there, and the admins and other site members will do their best to help.  Again we are ALL learning, so thanks for your patience as we work out the kinks in our new digs!
  • Also below this forum, you'll see a testing forum, feel free to use this as a place to test out how things work!

VIDEO CHAT:

• Video chat integration is fully up and running.  You must be logged in to use video chat.  
  • Update as of 3/14 - Video chat integration is up and running, so clicking Video Chat in the menu bar will take you in with the proper username.  We expect to have the view profile feature in Video chat working within the next 24 hours.
  • I ran into some issues with the integration kit for the video chat software.    I'm waiting to hear back from support - just as soon as we can, we'll get that resolved the integration will be complete.  In the meantime, you can visit Video Chat via the link in the menu - however it will prompt you to enter your username as a Guest.    You won't be able to "sign in" to that just yet.  Once it's fully integrated, it'll take you in automatically - I expect that to be completed next week.  

Edited by RodEnuf
Minor Update on 7/19

3 hours ago, Guest cocky8383 said:

What if we can't remember what email address is associated with the account?

If you enter your username, it should send password to whatever email you registered with - if you don't receive that right away, then send us a note with your username, and we can set the password for you so you can login and update your password and edit your email. :) 

Guest Rick

Josh, this is the third time I am logging in to Measurection since the installation of the new software, and it is the third time I have had to go through the procedure of requesting "New Password."

Despite the fact that I have "Saved" the Measurecton site with the new software to my computer, this is the message I keep receiving:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 1F176/3

Guest Rick

Josh, I tried it for a 4th time, and now I received this message:

The Display Name you entered does not belong to any account. Make sure that it is typed correctly.

Both the Display Name and the Password are not only "saved" on my computer, but additionally they are saved right here at Measurection. I do not have to type it. It's already here.

I tried to write a private message, but the system wouldn't let me.

I got a message that said my inbox was full so I couldn't write any messages!  Never wrote a message on the new system!

What is up???

All PT's from the old system that you were connected to have been imported into the new system as PMs.  We may need to examine the PM storage restrictions that are currently set to their default value on the new system.  Meanwhile, you should be able to see all the PMs you're connected to by clicking the Messages icon (little envelope) then clicking "Go to Inbox" at the bottom of the dropdown box.

Your PMs will be listed on the left.  If you click one, it's thread will appear on the right.  There's also a little click-box just below each entry in the list on the left.  You can click multiple boxes and then use the Trashcan icon (appears when the first box is checked) to remove old messages.  BTW, as you scroll down through the list on the left, additional pages of the list will be loaded if there are more.

Alan G

1 hour ago, overthehill said:

I tried to write a private message, but the system wouldn't let me.

I got a message that said my inbox was full so I couldn't write any messages!  Never wrote a message on the new system!

What is up???

Currently members can have 50 private topics going - so you might be at that limit. You can delete some in order to be able to send more.  

SOS Sponsors do not have a storage limit.  

Guest F. LaCid

I've not been able to access the email account I used (and have used here untill fairly recently) thanks to Microsoft's somewhat bizarre policies, and the password I've used for what seems like ever now no longer seems to be recognized.

The questions are, am I still an SOS Sponsor, and without access to the account I was using (f.lacid@hotmail etc), how to I get to reset or check password?

2 hours ago, Guest F. LaCid said:

The questions are, am I still an SOS Sponsor, and without access to the account I was using (f.lacid@hotmail etc), how to I get to reset or check password?

Frank, your account is showing you to be an active SOS Sponsor.  So as not to expose private information, send an email message to me at rodenuf@measurection.com and identify yourself and include a current active email address for future Password Resets.  When I get your message, I'll change your email address and I'll also assign a temporary new Password.  Then I'll send you an email with the temporary password.

Alan G

On 3/8/2018 at 8:52 PM, JTT said:
  • Video chat integration is fully up and running.  You must be logged in to use video chat.  

Good on yer RodEnuf, all works as it should following your intervention, have followed your instructions, logged in, changed pwrd, logged out, logged in again, so yes! 
Now to familiarize myself with the nuances of the new format.

Guest aquarock50

I've sent communication twice via the contact us page but haven't heard anything.  I can't seem to sign in. What am I not doing right?

aquarock, I have just sent you an email reply.  The site administrators do not live on the site.  We volunteer our time.  I apologize if you have felt us to be unresponsive, but I replied within about 45 minutes of your latest Contact Us report.  And JTT responded 10.5 hours after your first Contact Us report (which did not mention that you were having a login problem).  Did you check your email SPAM folder for our email responses?

And you apparently missed the line in the very first post in this topic that says, "If you had a display name different from your login name, you will need to login with your display name."  The same applies to the Forgot Password form.  The new system does not have Login Names, just Display Names.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator

Your browser must be remembering your old/wrong password.  Once you reset and change it yourself, you should just be able to login with that.    And/or you can have the site remember you - so I'm not sure I've needed to log in but once or twice since.

I'd try clearing your cookies and cache and then see if the problem persists. 

@joey Another possibility for some Users is that they had a different Display Name from their Login Name on the old system and they're still trying to login using their Login Name.  That won't work here.  The new system only uses Display Name.

You must login using your Display Name along with your Password.

Alan G

They aren't in the gallery section, but you'll find them with the forums as they were in the old system.   Unfortunately, there's no way to "import" a forum to a gallery.    But we've had a few gracious members repost content over to the new gallery for us.  

But if you scroll down and under Legacy Photo & Video Galleries you'll find them all listed there in their entirety.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.