Getting Braver at Gym Showers

I have been getting a little braver in the locker room/showers at the gym lately.  Usually the gym is pretty quiet when I am there and am usually the only one in the locker room when I am changing and showering.

A new group of guys have started playing basketball and finish up about the same time I usually do.  Instead of trying to find another quieter time, I thought, what the heck, and stayed on schedule.  Now I am showering in the large, open showers with about a dozen guys.  I know a few of them from work, but most are strangers.  From what I have seen so far, I have the smallest cock out of all of them.  They all have me beat by far in flaccid girth, but I may have more flaccid length than 2 of them.

It feels kind of empowering to not run away and just go about showering, drying off and changing without trying to hide.  I am much older than most of the guys there that play.  I think I have the largest case of exercise shrinkage in the world after getting through my cardio and weight routine.

There have been no comments or snickers that I have noticed so far.  I have caught nearly everyone of them taking a peek at what I'm packing (or not packing).  I have been making small talk with some of them too, both clothed and nude.  Most times I avoid any and all activities that would slow my dressing and leaving the gym.

Maybe I am finally learning something from this site and shedding some shame.

To....

Sir Toad Fish

Damn.....

Congratulations!

What an inspiration.

I started hiding myself in the actual ....6' footlocker , during my swimming lessons at the age of 4.5 , to hide from the other boys seeing my privates in the shower room.  (don't know why , : maybe .."body dysmorphic disorder" ; before it had a name....??) goes without saying that in all my years I have avoided showering or being nude in front of others. (The only exception was sex , where I had an erection and was horny......so I was able 2 have the balls of throwing my insecurities 2 the wind). 

At any rate,  thanks 4 sharing ur experience.

Thanks,

5 3/4

Good to hear you aren't worried about your size (and you're right not to!).  As a younger man I used to worry about my size, and that other guys would be judging me, but over time I became less bothered and realised that not everyone's there trying to assess whether my size is acceptable or not, and if they do then they're probably more insecure about their size than you are. 

My whole life I’ve been afraid of the showers and even peeing at urinals.  It’s liberating to one day say fuck it. Guys around you will look and judge, but why does that matter?  

Its actually the freedom of being able to do it is a turn on for me.  Now after workouts, I walk around naked in the locker room with my little softie.  I’m 6 feet tall and muscular, it looks hilarious I’m sure.    For years, I’ve done the towel dance.  It’s amazing to just let all hang out!  

@toadfish327 What a great post!

Whenever I chat with guys who are afraid to be seen, I feel like I wish there was some magic phrase I could say to them to help them, well... not give a %^&* about what others think, and to help them just enjoy being naked - because it IS totally awesome!

So I'm very happy to read that you (and @ShyBoi5) are getting comfortable with it!

Has anyone ever been to a Korean spa? You are divided by gender and sent to the locker room area with shower area and various hot tubs.  It’s mandatory to be naked and shower.  It was such a thrilling and different experience showering and having all these guys just watching you.

After the shower, you can go from one tub to the next.  There’s some of different temps- from frigid to hot.  It’s just a bunch of naked dudes hanging out.  After a few minutes, it all became normal. 

I had a bit of a setback yesterday as one of the body builders was in the showers at the same time I was.  We both finished at the same time and were in the drying area together.  He is short and very muscular while I am tall and skinny.  As we were making some small talk, I got an eyeful of his cock.  He has a bigger girth soft than I do when fully hard.  Makes me wonder how much he grows when he gets hard.  His appeared shorter than mine, but that could have been due to his thicker girth.

I do agree that trying to stay hidden behind a towel only attracts more attention.

Edited by toadfish327

21 hours ago, toadfish327 said:

I had a bit of a setback yesterday as one of the body builders was in the showers at the same time I was.  We both finished at the same time and were in the drying area together.  He is short and very muscular while I am tall and skinny.  As we were making some small talk, I got an eyeful of his cock.  He has a bigger girth soft than I do when fully hard.  Makes me wonder how much he grows when he gets hard.  His appeared shorter than mine, but that could have been due to his thicker girth.

I do agree that trying to stay hidden behind a towel only attracts more attention.

Ironically, quite a few of the bodybuilders wrap up with a towel at my gym.  One wonders if all that juice has affected their manhood.

However, there’s this one guy- A personal trainer and bodybuilding competitor.   6’4 Black, bald, ripped to shreds who hangs out buck naked.  Biggest flaccid I have ever seen.  Dude is hanging to almost to his knees and thick.  He is walking around with his massive cock swinging around, talking to people, shaving, grooming.  He definitely enjoys showing off.  I can’t blame him at all!

I have no issues with being smaller any more. I don’t care. 

A few weeks ago our hot water heater broke. Couldn’t shower at home so started showering and using the whirlpool at a hotel spa. 

I had no problem walking around naked and using the whirlpool naked. 

Not a lot of people around but some were n swimsuits and others weren’t. 

The one guy who got out had a nice thick hanging softee.

The other day I was dressing next to.a younger Asian dude and I was hoping to compare sizes.

But he never removed his towel and kept it on while putting in his underwear. I found it pretty odd that a grown man could be so modest. 

Which reminds me of another instance about 30 years ago. I was in an NBA locker room after a game. One of the players did the same thing. He was well known as a Christian 

I always had a towel on at first but now I don’t care. 

I am only 1” soft and 3” hard so it was very hard for me to shower with other guys.  I do fluff it though when i shower and give it a good cleaning haha. 

I’ll sit nude in the sauna as well and just talk to other guys with our cocks out. 

Getting braver is good -- and helps you reach the point when you realise that other people are less concerned than we might imagine :)

I went to boarding school back in the day, so lost a lot of shyness / anxiety there - when you spend 5 years changing and showering with the same bunch of guys as you all navigate puberty together, you just can't afford to be too anxious about it.   I'm still nervous in new contexts, like gym showers - though more because of my excess weight than my less-than-excess penis  :D

I do remember though, at the gym I used to go to when I lived in another city - there was this one guy - I guess around 55 or 60 or so, who was built and fit -- and strutted that changeroom, being confidently chatty with his group of friends -- despite having one of the smallest cocks I've ever seen.  He was truly an inspiration.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good step forward. Most gyms these days have shower cubicles, gyms I used while at college had gang showers so 6-8 guys showering at once. Nowhere to hide so I suppose it forced me to get naked and shower!

Doesn't bother me at all now, been going to naturist clubs for past few years.

• 2 weeks later...

@toadfish327 I wouldn't call that a setback. I'd call it a challenge to your thinking. You don't know what issues that guy has where his penis in concerned and you know we all put on a show to hide what we're really thinking or feeling. Maybe he can't get it up or maybe he looks good soft but doesn't have much more hard. Who knows. That's the problem in general is we don't know. They don't know that you come to this group to discuss penis size so what don't you know about them? For all they know you grow to 8 inches. You don't have to prove you don't. 

• 8 months later...

Congratulations! I find it to be an incredibly exhilarating feeling to be naked around other men. To me it's not about size...it's about masculinity. I frequently have one of the smaller dicks when I'm naked with other guys, and I love showing that i'm completely unihibited about other guys seeing it

Congrats! I finally hit that point about a year ago. I’m only 1 or 2 inches soft and a little overweight. I shower and then just carry my towel back to my locker. I have been in the sauna naked but there’s such a stigma at my gym about it I dont anymore. There are several guys who walk around naked at my gym though most are hung or average. There’s a guy in the morning who basically runs (not kidding) from the shower to his corner locker. I’ve seen his bulge in his towel, he’s got nothing to worry about. 

I managed to MAKE myself available for view in a crowded lockeroom environment about a year ago. I have to say it was difficult for me but I did it. Besides my penis and testicles being so small I was also shaved completely smooth. I’m not sure if anyone there was even interested in seeing my penis but I sure gave them the opportunity to if they wanted to. I made a point to be try to be occupied drying my hair or something else so they could feel they could look without me noticing. The strange thing was that after maybe a minute or so and even with me feeling so insecure and nervous, I could feel the indications of my penis wanting to stiffen. I actually almost paniced and I quickly covered my penis. I may have found the nerve for other guys to see me flaccid I put the thought of them seeing me erect was a totally different thing....lol. Not sure I can muster up the will power to do it again.

Public nudity is my one and only nemesis, my last and final hurdle to overcome. The logical part of my brain tells me I'm nothing unusual in my flaccid state, but that's my normal flaccid state. The over thinking part of my brain tells me that after exercise and especially swimming my flaccid size isn't usual. So then anxiety kicks in, exacerbating the problem and I turn my back to others until my flaccid size starts to return to normal or my underwear is on. It does my head in, it really does! One day I'll get there I'm sure! 

4 hours ago, Red Scott said:

Public nudity is my one and only nemesis, my last and final hurdle to overcome. The logical part of my brain tells me I'm nothing unusual in my flaccid state, but that's my normal flaccid state. The over thinking part of my brain tells me that after exercise and especially swimming my flaccid size isn't usual. So then anxiety kicks in, exacerbating the problem and I turn my back to others until my flaccid size starts to return to normal or my underwear is on. It does my head in, it really does! One day I'll get there I'm sure! 

If I can do it you can! I've actually gotten two hand jobs and a blow job from guys in the sauna. The first guy was really smaller than me and gave me both of the hand jobs (at different times of course!) and the second who blew me was at least 6" hard and fairly thick. There was another guy in there who was much older and had a huge soft dick (5"??) but it never got hard. He looked like Gandalf. LOL!

@HurtbutHopeful A sauna would be no problem at all, in conditions like that with heat and humidity my flaccid size is quite respectable. Unfortunately I rarely experience those conditions with the exception of a hot bath. I remember 5 years ago on a 2 week vacation to Florida, the heat and humidity throughout the 2 weeks had me hanging rather well. But expose me to cool/cold temperatures or after exercise and its the exact opposite! 

If you can do it then logically I can too, I'll get there, I just have to!