When Did You First Measure your Dick?

Gezr69

@Red Scott It's funny, at my school in the uk, we had sex ed at the end of year six, of primary school.

It was mostly aimed at girls and focussed on contraception, child birth & puberty for girls.

Nowt in it for the lads really in terms of male puberty etc.

But in secondary school biology, all they used were cattle to talk about reproduction. With animals lol!

I was probably twelve when I first measured. I already knew I had a tiny penis from comparing with this other boy my age. I also remember occasionally hearing private, whispered conversations among small groups of boys concerning the size of their penises. I avoided entering theses conversations like the plague. But, being the curious young boy I was I measured my erection in the bathroom at my house with a school ruler. This only reaffirmed what I was already keenly aware of, but now I could put an actual number on it. This little exercise I engaged in only succeeded in depressing me, lol. My number was two inches...and probably only just a little bit bigger around than one of those fat crayons. I didn’t measure my thing again of my own choice for quite some time but my friend made me do it with him a few times. His was getting bigger. Mine wasn’t.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I first measured when the movie Porky's came out and I saw the scene where Pee Wee measures his cock and harts it. I was very much a nerd back then and started charting my growth. First measurement at 10yo was around 3" hard and when I started hitting puberty it are to about 4" where it stayed until I was about 12 or 13. By the time I was 14 it was as big as it is now...4.75"

I first measured around 14 once people starting talking about size and I was masturbating all the time.  I was at around 4 inches on the ruler.  I even marked it for progress and hid it for so long.  I had another mark at 4.25 and then 4.5 around 16, and i never grew past 4.5 all through high school. I finally threw that ruler away when I packed for college

I was pushing 13 the first time I measured.  A month or so earlier my 11 year old cousin taught me how to masturbate, and we played with each other quite a bit.  

One day he pulled out his school ruler and measured us both.  We had seen each other with erections for years and I knew I was longer just from sight.  But he had already started puberty, so he thought he was gaining on me.  The difference in length was minor by this time, but I still had him beat.  Then he made one of those back-handed compliments saying something like, I just thought you looked longer because your dick is so skinny.  That is true, his was much thicker than mine, always had been, and his girth made his penis look shorter, and my lack of girth always made my penis look longer.  Luckily, he didn't think of measuring our girth.

We kept up the measuring for several years and during that time he had overtaken me in length.

My brother was a fanatic on measuring his dick.  I found a spiral binder in which he had monthly measurements from the time he was about 12 through 18.

@Tsoren  Probably one of many men who have detailed anthropometric long-term studies about their penis in some old binder in a box somewhere in the attic. Not to mention the digital sphere! I once documented my penis stats in some kind of self-written BASIC computer file and stored in on a floppy (no pun intended) disk. Which I then forgot about, of course, so that some time later it fell into the hands of my sister. Some of you probably already know this from my sister, of course. If you don't, don't worry, she will get round to you some day. 

Edited by RodEnuf
Removed 100% quote of immediately preceding post.

Strangely enough I have no recollection at all of the first time I measured - strange because my size has been an obsession since I was about 14 or so.

All I know for certain is that as a kid I had no real interest in it, and by the time I started measuring it was fully grown.

I think though I felt measuring was basically pointless - it was obviously smaller than my brother's and I didn't care about the details apart from that.

Edited by Nimmo

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, garconfort2 said:

Probably one of many men who have detailed anthropometric long-term studies about their penis in some old binder in a box somewhere in the attic.  

Hey garconfort2, any chance you still have access to your study and would be willing to share with the rest of us? I have always regretted not charting my growth through those growing years. It didn't even dawn on me to measure my dick until I was nearly full grown.

@smokeylink, Not entirely impossible that this still exists in some form (i did print-outs, too, of course). I would have to dig deep in various attics and basements, though. What I did find online on Reddit though is this: 

My friend & I have been keeping track of our penis sizes since our mid-teen years. Here are the results.

Very interesting, indeed - I think the bigger guy‘s curve is quite unusual. I definitely know that mine (and several of my friends‘) didn’t grow anywhere near as gradually and steadily, but rather in one or two spurts of very quick growth. 

19 hours ago, garconfort2 said:

I definitely know that mine (and several of my friends‘) didn’t grow anywhere near as gradually and steadily, but rather in one or two spurts of very quick growth. 

Same here. Mine went from a tiny hairless nub to having some hair and a little bigger to full grown and a bush. I was done by age 13. 

30 minutes ago, curiositycat888 said:

before it grew.. was always 2 inches and 5/8

I measured when 12 when the other boys were talking about how you were supposed to be 6" and "they were."  I was really upset to be way less that 3" hard.  I don't think I completed measuring.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, garconfort2 said:

Lol,
Reminded me immediately of my 8 months of solid measuring back in 2016.
Was doing a morning session with a BathMate every day.
Not much change seen each day, but I did sport a more hefty softy in the afternoon & evening during that period.

Actually felt slightly abnormal having my flaccid size swinging about in a semi erect size.

443133695_Screenshot2021-02-15075458.thumb.jpg.8756b91ec338fd9fdaa983b4c2d6c49f.jpg

• 3 months later...

It was in my early teens when I first measured. I'd read in a newspaper that the average size of a penis was 6" and wanted to know how I compared to that. This was in the 90s so Internet access was still in my future and this sort of received wisdom was not easy to fact check. I remember being bitterly disappointed that I had fallen short of this mythical standard. It didn't help that the flaccid dicks I'd seen up to that point had been bigger than mine. It was a long time before I realised that guys with a good flaccid size were more likely to show them off. 

• 3 months later...

I had always known that I had a small penis just by seeing guys in the showrooms growing up, but the first time my penis was measured was when I was 19 and had just gotten married. It was after a party, and we were all high; when my wife and our best friend decided that they should both measure their respective husband’s  flaccid and erect dick size and girth with us lying side by side. I lost all 3 measurements.

• 2 weeks later...