Did you grow during puberty?

small009

• 2 weeks later...

My dick grew during puberty but I didn't realize it. First of all, I knew I had a small dick from the time I was about 7 years old. By the time I was 10 years old, I knew 2 kids in my neighborhood who were 2 years younger than me that had much bigger dicks than me. I also had a cousin who was 7 years younger than me who had a bigger dick. That is not a typo. When I was 11 years old I saw my 4 year old cousin's bigger dick. We started taking showers at school in 6th grade. I was 11 years old and pubeless and had the smallest dick in the school as far as I could tell. I started getting pubes about halfway through 7th grade. When I was in 8th grade I had a good sized bush of pubes but I  still had one of the smallest dicks in the school. I saw a few hairless 6th graders who I could compete with but that was about it. Then I went to high school and was right back to having the smallest dick in the school. I found out that my dick had grown the summer after 9th grade when I was 15 years old and saw one of the 2 younger kids from my neighborhood naked again. Our dicks were about the same size so I knew my dick had grown a lot. If it weren't for seeing him, I never would have known my dick had grown at all. In 10th grade I still obviously had the smallest dick in the school and I was sure my dick must have stopped growing. At the end of the school year I saw my neighborhood friend's dick again. This time his dick looked tiny compared to mine and I realized my dick had grown a lot again. Later that summer I measured my dick for the first time and started tracking its growth. It was a little less than 4 inches. 6 months later it was 4.3 inches and it hasn't grown since.

I developed very late and had did not go through puberty until I was 15, almost 16. At the time other boys were changing I stayed the same. Small bald and could not ejaculate. I was teased badly but decided not to shy away, I wanted to compare and see how and why I was different. If boys asked to see and compare I would do it. I did get there eventually, starting with balls getting bigger and pubes appearing on scrotum and just above my shaft. 3 months later I could ejaculate. I was 15 and 9 months old.

• 1 month later...

I never went through that 'dick is getting bigger phase' when soft. It's stayed the same which was depressing and I was always waiting and hoping, but it never happened. However, erection size did get bigger during early teens..ok, so only from 3inches to 5.5....but it was a bit of a relief!!

I'm in college writing on a policy proposal that examines sexual education in the United States.  It occurs to me that I think it's fair to wonder how schools (and parents) that discuss  puberty in depth talk about it in ways that assert the normality (or at least the fact that it's okay) to not necessarily grow substantially or to grow more than most in puberty. Reading the thread again, it seems to be the expectation of growth seems to be harmful without discussion of whatever happening being okay beside it's the human body and out of our control.

I'm presenting this project on Wednesday, and I'm wondering what your thoughts are.  I actually might make another dedicated thread about this. 

@Triasco9.5 
I mentioned this in another thread ages ago.
Grade 8 was the first time for group showers.....and our PE teacher did discuss this. 
Grade 8 some guys well into puberty, some just starting and some not there yet.  He talked about changes during puberty.  We will start growing, some of us may end up 6'2" some 5'5" it doesn't matter. Some will be slim, some athletic and some plump.  And just like heights and weight, penises come in all different sizes and shapes, some are long and skinny, some long and fat, some short and skinny, some short and fat, they are all normal, just different.  He also said any teasing of any kind, he would deal with the person.  (fear factor)

Edited by canuck45

4 hours ago, canuck45 said:

Grade 8 was the first time for group showers.....and our PE teacher did discuss this. 

We started group showers in 6th grade. For gym class, everyone wore the same thing: white T shirt, blue gym shorts, white socks and a jock. First day of class the PE teacher (male coach) told us to go in the locker room, "suit up" and meet in the gym. Once in the gym, we all sat in lines on the floor and the coach walked down each line and told us to pull on our jock so he could see it. Only about 1/3 of the guys actually put on the jock. After he did the jock check, he told those of us who didn't have one on to go back into the locker room and put it on. When we got back, he said he expected everyone to have on their jock everyday and those that didn't would get a swat (pop on the butt) from the paddle he had hanging on the wall of his office. Then he went on to talk about changes during puberty and why we needed to wear a jock. He also said if he heard anyone teasing or making comments about any one else's body, they would get a swat. After gym class, we were all required to take a shower (one large open area with about 20 shower heads). Even in 6th grade there were guys with 4" dicks and pubic hair. I actually looked forward to that part. And I still don't need a jock. LOL

jock SM.JPG

I felt robbed in a slightly different way. I grew alright, younger than most in my year at school and for a while was aware of admiring glances and even comments. My older brother was BIG and I confidently expected to go the same way. By the age of about 15 I began to realise this wasn't happening. Also at school, I wasn't big any more. Cue anxiety, self hatred, shame.

The irony of it is that my dick is actually quite big, at least when it's erect. In my mind, though, it isn't and never will be. I actually wish it was a bit smaller so I wouldn't have this mismatch going on always. 

What I really regret though is never having had the balls to let my brother see that of the two of us, he was the one. I think it would have changed the dynamic between us, possibly in a way that would have been good for both of us. I'll never know now, he's not with us any more.

Edited by Nimmo

Missed that boat too.

Remained the same size for the 12 to 18 year period of High School.|
The first 4 being the years where PE & showers were mandatory.

There was a mix of others with & without pubic hair during the first year,
but by the 4th I was the only pube-less one that remained.

That coupled with a small flaccid penis & high academic achievements made me the prime target for ridicule by the cooler & more jock class.

The bit of grow I did get was mostly once school years had passed.

2 hours ago, Gezr69 said:

That coupled with a small flaccid penis & high academic achievements made me the prime target for ridicule by the cooler & more jock class

High academic standards and small penis...they laughed and laughed until they needed tutoring to pass...  actually no laughing face to face in our school.  

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I first measured when I was about 12, I remember because I was exactly 10cm (3.9"). I didn't have anything to compare with at the time so I remember I actually thought it was big! I even told my best friend at the time - it shows how naïve we both were because he was impressed too!

But I didn't really think about it after that. Just always assumed I was about average. I didn't measure again until my mid-30s, but looking at my early digital photos from around age 21 I was fully grown then (11.9cm, 4.69").

Mine started young compared to others around me but was all done early as well. So from 11-13 years or so I thought I was big then began to notice others had caught up and in many cases left me behind. Plus I was still smaller than my brother and dad, when I'd assumed I was on track to be the same size. Kept hoping for another bout of growth, for years, but it didn't happen. Gutted.

Edited by Nimmo

On 12/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, Nimmo said:

Mine started young compared to others around me but was all done early as well. So from 11-13 years or so I thought I was big then began to notice others had caught up and in many cases left me behind. Plus I was still smaller than my brother and dad, when I'd assumed I was on track to be the same size. Kept hoping for another bout of growth, for years, but it didn't happen. Gutted.

Just to add as it's too late to edit, and as I've said in other posts, the negative stuff was how I felt then, and into my 20s. Since then I've come to realise I actually like being smaller than I thought I'd to be. Would have preferred to have grown a bit less tbh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, Nimmo said:

Mine started young compared to others around me but was all done early as well. So from 11-13 years or so I thought I was big then began to notice others had caught up and in many cases left me behind.

I had the same experience. When I was around 12 I was bigger than my cousin and friends. They shortly started to grow and I was soon left way behind in size so i started to sort of hide when changin into swinning trunks at the pool.