Guy Went To Meet His Girlfriend's Parents...

RodEnuf

Guy Went To Meet His Girlfriend's Parents, Realized He Had Slept with Her Dad

Sometimes people don't get along with their significant other's parents.

It's not an entirely uncommon issue, and the reasons for a disconnect are often fairly simple: they have big expectations that you don't meet in some way, you don't share common interests or they're pushy about how you and their child should be living your lives.

One guy who wrote into The Guardian, however, ran into a fairly uncommon reason to butt heads with his girlfriend's dad: they used to sleep together.

The anonymous man, looking for "sexual healing" advice, wrote into The Guardian's Pamela Stephenson Connolly, "a US-based psychotherapist who specializes in treating sexual disorders."

He wrote:

"Five years ago, I went through a bi phase and used to sleep around with pretty much everyone that came along, including other men. This changed when I fell in love with my new partner, who is everything to me."
"I recently met her parents and halfway through lunch realized that I had slept with her father. I was going to propose, but when my partner and her mother were away, he told me to end it with his daughter."
"I'm obviously in love – shall I just ignore him, or tell my partner?"
Dr. Connolly's advice wasn't very reassuring:
"I am not sure you could ever have a comfortable future with your new partner."
"To tell the truth would be to court disaster: a probable break-up, plus the risk of a permanent rift between father and daughter and father and wife. Hiding the truth would lead to toxic secret-keeping that could be equally destructive in the long run."
"If this whole family was as open-minded and sexually open as you, it might be possible for you to become part of it. However, the father – your former lover – has made it clear that you will not be welcome."
"Walk away now, and avoid the massive pain that would otherwise be inflicted on your partner, her family and yourself."

NOTE: The original article at ComicSands.com is followed by a number of Twitter posts in reaction to the story.

To hell with her father that's what I say! It's not like he's going to tell his daughter what happened because he'd be exposing himself then. In fact I'd tell her father "in order for me to end this relationship I'm going to have to tell her the truth and state the honest reasons for ending what we have because I love and respect her. Is that what you want, is that sitting comfortably with you?" 

He'd probably change his tune then! 

• 4 years later...

..... When I was 20, I helped part-time at a funeral home for about a year.  (Had thought about this profession, I liked it and could be around and do all of it .. Except... I had no heart for stabbing, draining, embalming..🤮)   Anyway, the funeral director/owner and I got kinda close, and he was the sort who wanted to give me head and masterbate himself kneeling in front of me until I fed him, then he'd shoot off on the floor.  That's the way he liked and wanted it.

The funeral home upstairs was the family residence, and his wife and two daughters were mostly upstairs.  The girls were late highschool age, and I feel sure that if I had sooner or later taken up with one of them, there would have been no problem with him as to our situation.  I'm sure he would still have wanted his turns.