Baseball Players Celebrate Home Run With Frisky Handshake

RodEnuf

By Gayety Staff - Posted on April 9, 2019 at Gayety.CO

When baseball players Joey Gallo and Nomar Mazara celebrate home runs, they don’t mess around. Or do they?

After rocketing a 441-foot home run during the second inning of Sunday’s game against center fielder Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels, Texas Rangers left fielder Joey Gallo’s third-straight game with a dinger warranted a celebration. Gallo’s two-run blast drove in right fielder Nomar Mazara.

To celebrate Gallo’s two-run blast, the teammates met at home plate and did a little handshake topped with a shared crotch shake.

It’s safe to assume that after traveling the country together for four seasons, Gallo and Mazara are friends. However, after witnessing their secret handshake, which probably took practice to master, it seems they’re really good friends. The kind of friends who have your back, and possibly wash your back in the shower after a long, hard, sweaty game of baseball.

Hopefully, the legendary crotch shake becomes a thing, and players around the country join in swinging their buddy’s “baseball bats.”

Did they do it? Here's the video. You be the judge. Watch the attached video.

12 hours ago, divorced said:

I think baseball players all wear protective cups in their crotches so maybe it's not quite as personal as it looks? 

I'm a big baseball fan and played quite a bit as a kid -- Gallo and Mazara are both outfielders.  Outfielders generally don't wear cups, just jocks, as opposed to infielders, almost all of whom wear cups.  

@RodEnuf Somewhere in the Great Ethers is a photo of MLB players leaning on a dugout railing—Chicago Cubs, I think—with a contented-looking young player standing close to another player (or maybe the manager);  the young player's head is resting on the other player's shoulder in a tender moment—very peaceful scene. 

• 4 years later...

.... I just now found this thread,... and I must say that I found their own personal hand shake ritual pretty cool and not the least bit disturbing...but rather a show of close friendship. ...and ... I find it a rather refreshing break in the usual "uptightness" of the males today.

It was brief, but nonetheless a very open and public recognition of each other's full freedom in acknowledgimg their team brotherhood intimately.