Top 100

Pinkie B.

Hi Guys,

This isn't exactly about penises, but it's a TEDx talk by my favorite athlete of all time. I knew this guy (well, e-knew) before his accident and he changed the world of biking for me. After his accident I saw him get on a bike again as a paraplegic and it made me cry to see how much genuine joy he had.

Martyn Ashton on Becoming the World's Best Paraplegic

A lot of guys here get hung up on how their bodies are preventing them from having what they think they deserve or they think that other guys (with bigger dicks) are having, but that perspective is self defeating. Martyn here knows what the pinnacle of human physical performance feels like -- he's not just imagining what it might be like -- and he fell from that pinnacle as far as anybody could fall. His loss is truly great and yet his attitude from the very beginning of his disability was, "how can I be the best paraplegic?"

I found that asking myself the same question has in just a couple of days turned my world around and opened it up to possibilities for my own happiness and success that I never thought possible. It's just a perspective, but it's powerful and I wanted to share with you guys.

Hope you get the same kind of inspiration that I did.

-Pink

As a mountain biker myself I have always admired Martyn Ashton, before his accident he was a very skilled and accomplished rider. After his accident I often wondered how he would cope and then some months ago the first video of him back on a bike surfaced, it was really good to see that huge smile on his face and the sheer determination he had to not let disability stop him riding once again! 

Not an Athlete, just a person.

I had a landlady that was a double below the knee amputee.  She lost her legs because of complications with diabetes. She used to go to GF Strong (Rehab Centre) and do presentations, volunteer work (was also a cub leader) and worked full time. 

One time she was walking up on stage and was giving her presentation, when a guy with a leg amputated made a remark....something along the line of "easy for you to say, you have legs".  She pulled up her pant legs and hit both prostheses to demonstrate they weren't flesh and blood and carried on.

2 weeks later she went back and the rehab officer wanted to talk to her.

Apparently the gentleman with one leg amputated had not been doing his physical routine and was in a pretty hopeless state (I'm a cripple, whats the point). After her little demo his attitude changed.  The staff remarked that he made a comment after her presentation..."If she can get up here, have a job, raise a family, drive a car all with no legs, I can't complain over just losing one leg".  His entire attitude changed.  They now had to slow him down to prevent him from trying too much too quickly.

One person can make a difference in the world.

In addition to diabetes and being a double amputee, she had 5 heart attacks and survived.  She was determined to see her son graduate.  Shortly after graduation she was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  She had made up her mind, she would survive long enough to see that day and she did.

Find your purpose, your passion and amazing things can happen.

Edited by canuck45

I tend to think of myself as a realist. With two missing legs (or no legs, or a tiny penis, or a vagina or any other handicap you can think of), yeah, life isn't going to be as easy and you don't have to think hard to find out that there are things you can't do.

So it's not about "just believe in yourself and anything is possible!" kind of nonsense,

But I like how Martyn puts it. It's about what can I do? What kind of life can I have and how can I make it my own personal best? It just resonated with me.