Is your penis bigger than average?

RodEnuf

3 hours ago, RodEnuf said:

@LBaker:  Expected by you, perhaps, but not by me.  Erect penis lengths are constrained at zero for samples below the mean but have no such constraint above the mean.  Thus the symmetry of a normal curve is most unlikely.

I really think you have it backwards Alan.  Measurements constrained by zero at the small end generally result in a skew the right, or large measurements.  I actually have experience with this in industry.  This data skews to the small.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, LBaker said:

Measurements constrained by zero at the small end generally result in a skew the right, or large measurements.  I actually have experience with this in industry.  This data skews to the small.

So, you agree with me . . .

Erect penis lengths are constrained at zero for samples below the mean but have no such constraint above the mean.  Thus the symmetry of a normal curve is most unlikely.

I never said that the curve was as expected.  I only said that a genuine "normal" curve was not expected.  I'm glad your industrial experience bears that out.

Alan G

Just eyeballing the graph of measured data it appears that it is slightly a positive skew as shown in the diagram. But, without doing an actual statistical test of the underlying distribution (something I know is a thing, but can't remember how to do myself because that's going back ten years in school), you can't say for sure. It's just guesstimating at that point.

Does it really matter? It's a bell curve. Lopsided, but still bell-like. You can still learn from it, no?

4 hours ago, RodEnuf said:

I never said that the curve was as expected.  I only said that a genuine "normal" curve was not expected.  I'm glad your industrial experience bears that out.

Yes, but experience bears out, and can be confirmed in relevant textbooks on the subject that a distribution constrained by zero on the left would expect to skew right not left.  The penis distribution obviously skews left (as the mean is below mode and median).  My statistics is relatively fresh in my mind.  If the mean is below mode and median as the distribution clearly is, it skews toward the small.  VERY UNUSUAL for a distribution constrained by zero.  An explanation is needed, so I proposed one.

If someone knows where the distribution Red mentioned with 20,000 measurements is, we could perhaps determine if this graph is just an anomaly or actually relevant.

You could plug the bar heights into a statistical program, but they have already done that and mean is below mode and median.

Edited by Guest

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The image is not visible, appreciater. Now back to the topic. I think I am average at least in my country. In most list the Netherlands come pretty high. Mine dick when fully errect is 6 inches long 5 in girth. For the Netherlands I think I am average. Maybe in other countries slightly above? 

Yup.  Exactly how the world of dicks look from the 4" position and explains how 4" look to the rest of the world.

Interesting that NOBODY is really small when self reporting.

Edited by wondering4