Cock Fight

On 7/20/2019 at 1:20 AM, goldenboy said:

If so, I'd throw that same criticism back at him, though I'd prefer not to impugn individuals' character on here.

As for me, I'm a statistical obsessive and academically extremely rigorous. I'd like to understand my place in reality and learn to deal with it, and don't like the idea of being lectured that I should stop worrying and embrace some false feel-good narrative because it's the easy way out. If I'm small, I'm small. Lying to myself that I'm big just 'cuz isn't going to make me feel better and certainly isn't the best solution for many in this predicament.

#####  you can use empiricism to make yourself angry all you want. done with this thread

Edited by RodEnuf
Removed Rule 2 violation.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:23 AM, RAized said:

####  you can use empiricism to make your self angry all you want. done with this thread

It's not about "making yourself angry". It's about being true and honest to reality. That's honesty to yourself, your partners, the universe. I've found everything feels better when you tell the truth. From there, you can choose to have whatever emotions you'd like. Your emotions are the part YOU control, and you can make yourself feel better through lots of measures. I'd just rather work on my emotions around a baseline that's grounded in reality and build from there, not start with the emotions I'd like and build up a false reality around them. 

And this is exactly why I have NEVER read any study or statistic on dicks. What does it solve? Your dick is whatever it is. Learn to accept it or not.

Back on topic, either you can joust and win or joust and lose lol. I would suggest to find 20 to 30 thousand men to run towards with a hard cock and when your done you will know if you're below, average, or above.

Myself? I would wear a full face helmet just in case. I really don't care 

My only other thought Goldenboy is to completely fill out your profile. Then we will have your stats and know where you fall within the various studies. I myself will give you the benefit of your doubt and say the average dick size is 5.7-6". If you're below that we will better be able to help you cope with your insecurities.

Watch Revolver...

3 hours ago, goldenboy said:

I went through those differences in detail and tried to make sense of them, and to figure out which are most likely to be indicative of the "true" average.

There is no try, you do or you do not. The "true" average being YOUR numbers, of course, because the experts in their fields can't be right.  It's not like they would know anything about researching, statistics, SD or stuff like that.

3 hours ago, goldenboy said:

Suggesting somehow I'm in opposition to a loose collection of disparate studies - the very studies I'm assessing - however, is, well, it's at best a dishonest interpretation of my post and, more likely, was just intended to be pointlessly incoherent and mean

You are in opposition of the studies because all you do is 'assess' them and say they are incorrect, (you took a high school course in statistics). Hardly dishonest, pointless, incoherent and mean.  I took statistics, constructive reasoning and critical thinking in University and I was in the top of my class, so there.

3 hours ago, RAized said:

I'm not sure what your point was in posting that rather rude comment other than to be discourteous

Rude and discourteous.  It is OBVIOUS, as you like to say, you cannot stand any opposition to your ideas. . 

goldenboy: " I mentioned in my original post, there's no other area in life where average would be remotely ok", "My mom would freak if I got a B", "anything less than the biggest one in the room is a failing to me." "...even though I knew they weren't as good as I was." "I moved up a spot but was still second.", "challenged the first chair girl and clearly played better than her ".  
Your ego is your enemy.

I  only had a 3.94 GPA in college, guess that makes me a failure....stupid ignorant me.  BTW that included statistics, constructive reasoning and critical thinking. Oh yeah, in high school I was 1st french horn player (considered by some experts [what do they know] to be the 2nd hardest instrument to play well after the oboe).  At least not a total failure.

You can join the couple of other Debbie Downers who argue ad nauseam that they are right (eg) and refuse to consider anyone else opinions, even the experts.
Reply anyway you want. I won't be reading any more of your essays of the errors of the world.

Sayonara ,
Zetsubou Sensei

6 hours ago, canuck45 said:

Watch Revolver...

There is no try, you do or you do not. The "true" average being YOUR numbers, of course, because the experts in their fields can't be right.  It's not like they would know anything about researching, statistics, SD or stuff like that.

I know you're not this dense. As I already pointed out, the numbers represent a wide range of studies of different populations using different parameters, hence why they yield such a wide range of "averages". The "experts" are widely inconsistent, not because they're bad statisticians, but because they studied a wide range of populations. You can't randomly average together a cherrypicked collection of studies of non-representative populations and announce that, ta da, this is the new average and pretend that even though it's highly inconsistent with past studies that it somehow must be right because it aligns with your worldview! You have to use a little bit of the critical thinking and logic to which you alluded and decide which ones apply to the situation to make sense of the differences. The way you're describing this, you're suggesting I should blindly believe BOTH a study that says the average is 3.7 AND a study that says the average is 6.6, and that no effort should be made to interpret the difference because the studies came from some collection of great academic sources. Since that's nonsensical, I instead went through them in detail to discuss why this one study in particular yielded an average so radically different from the others. You act like reading and interpreting is some effort to deny or repudiate. In fact it's of course the opposite. I'm not sure why this offends you so much. If it's so helpful to you to believe only the studies that make you feel good, then why rely on studies at all? Why not just announce the "new average" is 3 inches and we can all jump for joy?

6 hours ago, canuck45 said:

Rude and discourteous.  It is OBVIOUS, as you like to say, you cannot stand any opposition to your ideas. . 

I've tried to engage you on the content of what I'm saying, but there doesn't appear to be much interest on your end. If you'd bother to engage me on the content of those ideas rather than post rude assumptions (like this one), then I'd happily have a thoughtful debate with you.

10 hours ago, Brockmatthews said:

And this is exactly why I have NEVER read any study or statistic on dicks. What does it solve? Your dick is whatever it is. Learn to accept it or not.

I don't understand the philosophy on life that thinks the solution to the possibility of studies that might make you uncomfortable is to not read them, or that the solution to the possibility of losing is to never compete. I was taught values such as "face your fears", "have courage", "intellectual curiosity", "face reality", and that discourse, even with ideas that make you uncomfortable, is a good thing. 

I could spend the rest of my life sitting in a padded room surrounded by puppies, flowers, and people paid to tell me my dick is huge. But what a depressing existence that would be...

My, oh my...

I believe some people could be in the top 75% and they still won't be happy because their not #1. Some people could be in the bottom 75% and not care. You can't change what you can't change 

That'a all true. That's a decision to be made regarding attitude. It's no excuse not to try to get to know your percentile.

My only other thought Goldenboy is to completely fill out your profile. Then we will have your stats and know where you fall within the various studies. I myself will give you the benefit of your doubt and say the average dick size is 5.7-6". If you're below that we will better be able to help you cope with your insecurities.

I brought up on another thread my observation that it appears to me that there are two very different kinds of people on this site coping in different ways:

1) people who have small penises who are working to become less bothered by their insecurities by embracing the fact they have a small penis and find comfort in sharing their experiences with others who also suffer from similar insecurities (i.e. by trading stories, opening up, finding validation, etc.) - "Copers"

2) people who have small penises who are working to become less bothered by their insecurities by convincing themselves they don't in fact have a small penis, that having a small penis isn't actually a problem, or that their insecurities are unfounded (by trading rationales with like-minded people or mining for data that refutes negative experiences they've had in life, etc.) ' "Deniers"

I really don't think one is better than the other, but I think it's the source of a lot of the conflict on these threads. I suspect that the difference in these two largely has to do with whether one is a "T" or an "F" in the third element of the Meyers-Briggs. Honestly I'm curious if it applies like people to you, and especially to Canuck.  Generally it feels like the site is far more advanced in its capabilities to comfort those in #2, and far less advanced in how it deals with those in #1. As someone clearly in #1, I'm still feeling the site out a bit to determine whether it's going to be a helpful long-term home for me. 

30 minutes ago, goldenboy said:

I don't understand the philosophy on life that thinks the solution to the possibility of studies that might make you uncomfortable is to not read them, or that the solution to the possibility of losing is to never compete. I was taught values such as "face your fears", "have courage", "intellectual curiosity", "face reality", and that discourse, even with ideas that make you uncomfortable, is a good thing. 

You misinterpret my statements and my feelings on the subject. The results of the studies don't make me uncomfortable at all. I really, really just don't care. Therefore I don't read them. It's a waste of time for me personally because I don't have to identify myself by the size of my dick. The only value that you mentioned that has any merit with me on this subject is intellectual curiosity. If you want to know stats that's great. Each person is different. Just so happens that my intellectual curiosity does not include wondering about the average size of men. I spend my time learning about other things.

I don't live in a world sheltered in denial surrounded by my own self made bliss. Just because we disagree on the importance of knowing the average doesn't mean I have no courage and i don't face my fears lol. "Facing reality"....I have. The reality is my dick is 5 1/2" long on any given day. Some guys are shorter and some are longer. I don't care how many are on either side. Doesn't get more real than that. 

8 hours ago, canuck45 said:

Oh yeah, in high school I was 1st french horn player (considered by some experts [what do they know] to be the 2nd hardest instrument to play well after the oboe).

You would probably be better prepared for cock fighting and jousting if you would have practiced the oboe.

You might say I wasted my time with drums but i did learn how to beat things quickly. And my fingers are pretty quick from learning the banjo so there is that

Edited by Brockmatthews

@goldenboy The purpose of the study in question was to gain insight into a worldwide average penis size. Thus a group of the most reliable studies from around the world were combined to get this information. I think they were successful in what they set out to do as they now have that average size, a "worldwide average" Not an American average, not a European average nor any other continental average for that matter.

We can argue amongst ourselves as to whether its right or wrong all we want, but in all honesty its the best information we have to date. So until some group of medical professionals take new measurements way in excess of the 20,000 already taken, there's no justifiable reason to doubt that "worldwide average" figure. In America or Europe the mode average could well be slightly higher and likely is, but we're talking fractions of an inch here and that's not a noticeable amount to the eye. 

2 hours ago, Red Scott said:

@goldenboy The purpose of the study in question was to gain insight into a worldwide average penis size. Thus a group of the most reliable studies from around the world were combined to get this information. I think they were successful in what they set out to do as they now have that average size, a "worldwide average" Not an American average, not a European average nor any other continental average for that matter.

We can argue amongst ourselves as to whether its right or wrong all we want, but in all honesty its the best information we have to date. So until some group of medical professionals take new measurements way in excess of the 20,000 already taken, there's no justifiable reason to doubt that "worldwide average" figure. In America or Europe the mode average could well be slightly higher and likely is, but we're talking fractions of an inch here and that's not a noticeable amount to the eye. 

As a matter of fact Scott, a number of the things stated above, in response to my topic-including the remarks by @canuck45 concerning the "stroke" the penis makes during intercourse, his ideas about anatomy etc- are doubtful at best, and I had better refrain from saying exactly what I think regarding the long series of posts from a certain member ( no pun intended),that you address!.

Unfortunately what seems to be happening on the forum is that I make a post- always in defence of the smaller or average sized amongst us- but that that seems to be the most incendiary and controversial line to take of all!.

Then I am forced to either "abandon"( to quote one user) my thread or- when I finally respond- I, rather than those who have become so heated, or even , one could say, unreasonable- seem to get the blame!. The really interesting question, I believe, is exactly why all of this keeps happening in a site ostensibly devoted to supporting men with smaller dicks!.

This seems to happen even when my original post is light-hearted, and/not really about the controversial subject, in this case average penis size!.

I am actually still considering whether or not I'm going to respond to this at length, or simply let it go.

For the time being though, let me say something regarding what the op, @goldenboy has claimed.

The main study in question, not named but actually Veale etc al (2015), has it flaws certainly- foremost amongst them the conflagration of BP and NPB penis lengths- but you are entirely correct to defend it.

Moreover the idea that view or idea that the average penis size is- or is close to- 6"( whether BP or not), is entirely without any foundation whatever.

Of the reputable, modern studies:

CalSD-5.64"

(NBP-4.88")

Phosphine(so called)-5.46"

Herbenick et al-5.57"

Veale et al-5.16"

Of the remaining serious, modern studies which have even a claim to be discussed at all, Lifestyle Condoms (2001)-5.88",had a sample size of only 401 men, and of these only 300 were able to obtain an erection!.

Western Average ( 2001)-5.71"(which related only to North America), likewise used only 491 subjects.

Hungfun (2013)-5.76",was a more serious meta study, but was more floored than Veale: ITSELF using a mixture of NBP and BP figures.

Even Habus et al (2015)-5.65",was conducted in Saudia Arabia, and so subject to exactly the criticism @goldenboyhimself is using!.

While on this subject incidentally, it has to be said that this view- always parroted in the subculture, often now in connection to attacking Veale- that there is a racial element to size, i. e. "Asians are smaller"(related of course to the idea that "Europeans are larger" but blacks are "largest of all") is simply a nonsense, and is honestly bordering on being casually racist.

In fact a first year philosophy undergraduate could tell you that this view is a completely circular argument: the studies are inaccurate, because the mean average is "bought down" by Asians, and yet the only evidence we have- i. e. those self- same studies- informs us that thee is NO real difference in mean penis size due to race!.

This is reminiscent of a post I saw recently on the subreddit  fetish site "small penis humiliation" by a man parading his 6.5" sexual organ for the purposes of humiliating smaller men, and for his own Sadistic schadenfreude, i. e."This is average, don't be fooled by all these scientific studies"!

There is one simple reason for the above racial/racist ideas, for people criticising studies in general, and Veale in particular, for people saying that to defend the idea that smaller sized penises are not unusual, is having "an agenda",and for people to attack the view that they are as advantageous ( or more so), than large, and that is the fetishistic obsession with size- and internalised or externalised dislike of small- that exists in the boring and clichéd mythology of the internet/urban subculture.

Edited by bigforsmall

• 11 months later...