Just for us fathers...

Anybody can comment, but I'm really interested in hearing from men with children.  Has your size concerns affected your attitude toward your children seeing you naked?  Seeing this Jimmy Fallon video made me realize that I've been excessive in training my kids' about my personal privacy.  If they were to come in the bathroom when I have the door closed (even if I'm just brushing my teeth fully clothed) I've really fussed them out.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzn4CmzfLds 

Edited by RodEnuf
Embedded the linked YouTube video clip.

Having grown up in a household where nudity was never an option, just something that was never done,  I followed that guideline with my family. Funny thing was my then wife and I spent allot of time nude till we had our child. Looking back I don't think it had anything to do with size but modesty. Still to this day they are very modest in my presence including doctor appointments. My personal view has relaxed allot but still to this day I don't believe my daughter has seen me nude and I haven't seen her nude since the last diaper change many years ago. Had we continued to have children and had a son I'm not sure what we would have done. Since boys get their size from their mom our son would more than likely have been hung as all the boys on her side are very well endowed.

Edited by aquarock

Yeah,

Pretty much avoided it once they were toddlers, & even more so as they approached their teens.
Both in their late teens & 20's now & their occasional slip in modesty confirms very health flaccid size for both.

Particularly my 19 yr old who still lives at home & occasionally absentmindedly takes a leak in the yard under one of the security cams & sports a flaccid log that resembles my size hard.

I had no problem with it until the last few years and they're older, more modest, etc. I did go through a phase of a year or so where I was uncomfortable around my son because he's a growing kid and all that but I'm kind of mostly comfortable again. Not that it happens a whole ton but changing and all that isn't a big deal anymore. Breakfast in the shower though? I'd be pissed. They know I don't eat breakfast.

When my kids were young nudity was too big a deal but once they hit 5 or 6 I stopped. My son is much bigger than me and I go to great pains to make sure he doesn’t see me naked. For my daughters I don’t want them to see me naked and then when they’re married compare me to their husband. 

My wife has no qualms being naked around our kids though and does it quiet often. 

5 hours ago, HurtbutHopeful said:

When my kids were young nudity was too big a deal but once they hit 5 or 6 I stopped. My son is much bigger than me and I go to great pains to make sure he doesn’t see me naked. For my daughters I don’t want them to see me naked and then when they’re married compare me to their husband. 

My wife has no qualms being naked around our kids though and does it quiet often. 

I can't help but feel the same.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:02 AM, HurtbutHopeful said:

When my kids were young nudity was too big a deal but once they hit 5 or 6 I stopped.

Didn't you mean to say "wasn't too big a deal."

Is it just a selfish attempt to avoid painful instinctive remarks which a youngster might blurt out without thinking or a real problem?  A real loss of needed parental authority?

Edited by Guest

I've never "fussed" my son or daughter out of the bathroom when they were young and I still wouldn't now they are 22 (son) and 17 (daughter) Our bathroom door has no lock so walking in on someone occasionally happens. It's more of a concern when it's my son as he's a definite shower and has a far bigger flaccid size than me.

He'd clearly overtaken my flaccid size when he'd just turned 15, or at least that's the first time I noticed it. At this point my attitude to nakedness to and from the bathroom changed, I became much more careful to cover myself up. I guess it was because I didn't want him seeing he'd gotten much larger, then believing himself to be the alpha male in the household. 

When showering the shower curtain gives enough privacy, in the bath the foam bubbles leave nothing to be seen and if anyone enters the bathroom and I'm not in the shower or bath then I simply turn my back to them. So really there's no reason for me to make a fuss about privacy. 

Perhaps it's because I'm not a father myself, but as a son and sociology major, parents agree typically deified before any other trait is reified. I know I for one tricked myself into believing certain traits about my mother were positive rather than negative. 

I suppose my question is whether or not many fathers think their son "outdicking" them and actually being aware of such will shift some balance of masculine power and convince the son they're an alpha male?  and even if this is the case when boys are left to be socialized by media and school, don't you think it's possible to counteract by teaching then early on that size is partly a social construct and that measure of men is not in their measurements?

I have a very prude wife. She hides herself ..she even sleeps in panties under her pijama... Im the opposite of her. So my kids also see me nude...we even had bath together (when they were younger). Im not exposeing myself to them but Im not hiding if they are around the room while Im changing my clothes. 

On 6/24/2019 at 7:33 PM, Triasco9.5 said:

Perhaps it's because I'm not a father myself, but as a son and sociology major, parents agree typically deified before any other trait is reified. I know I for one tricked myself into believing certain traits about my mother were positive rather than negative. 

I suppose my question is whether or not many fathers think their son "outdicking" them and actually being aware of such will shift some balance of masculine power and convince the son they're an alpha male?  and even if this is the case when boys are left to be socialized by media and school, don't you think it's possible to counteract by teaching then early on that size is partly a social construct and that measure of men is not in their measurements?

I guess I'll have to think about this one if and when the time comes - like, if my son were acting out as a teen or something and I needed to maintain an aura of adultness relative to him -  but my inclination has generally been to fear more the situation in which my son very obviously isn't endowed, and in which that's noticeable to him and to others who see him. I'd be nervous both for his sake and for any blame that gets tied back to me.