Saving an incomplete post or reply

Gezr69

Question

Is there a "Save as Draft" option that can be enabled for forum posts?

It's rather frustrating to be part way thru a post & have to leave it to attend other matters.

I certainly see it in other forums & one many that don't have it I simply select all the text.
which can include the Tags <quote> & </quote> & paste it in a file on my desktop called Bucket.txt.

But I can't do that here as the quotes are formatted so the tags are unseen,
So it becomes tedious to copy those bit out & them put it all back together at a later point in time.

This page seems to indicated that it can be done automatically, but I don't see how you return to a saved post.

https://invisioncommunity.com/features/editing/

Cheers.

5 answers to this question

Click "Reply" or "Quote" at the bottom of a post and begin typing your reply.   Then simply leave the page (by clicking a link that takes you away from that topic).  Then if you return to the post you were replying to and click "Reply" the reply entry box will open with your prior "draft" copy filled in and an option available to keep it or to discard it.

You can leave the site so long as you don't logout and when you return your session will resume.  I don't know if there is a time limit.  Nor do I know if the "draft" will be retained if you reply to another post before returning to the incomplete reply as I haven't tried that.  I also haven't tried after logging off.

I have had my browser crash (my Windows 7 desktop has been unstable for a few days) and been able to re-open it and gone back and clicked "Reply" and had the "draft" recovered.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator

Discovered that by accident...thought I lost everything but when I clicked in the reply box all my typing was there.
Closed measurection  window by accident-still there when I re-opened,
Closed my browser  but didn't log off and it was still there.

MAGIC

Just tried leaving this reply as draft, then went to another thread and created a draft there, then came back here and
this draft was still here. So finished it and went back to the other thread.
That draft still there and finished it too.

beyond comprehension how this electronic magic books work.

Edited by canuck45