The prosthetic penis in shows and movies

There is Chris Pine in Outlaw King, James Purefoy in Rome, Michael Fassbender in Shame, shows like Euphoria and others.  And of course there is always  Ewan McGregor. 

More actors seem to be baring all.  But many actors also admit to wearing a prosthetic penis. 

Is it possible to tell the difference as to which cocks are real and which are prosthetic ? 

Probably not considering the penis glimpses may last as little as  12 frames like in the Outlaw King. I also wonder why an actor would confess to wearing a prosthetic penis?  I think James Franco admitted he wore one in the movie  "Milk"

and even said that co-star Sean Penn said he couldn't tell it was a prosthetic. Is that possible?   Maybe in Hollywood it is.  But in real life?

So can you trust what you see, or is it all Memorex ?

Has anyone ever walked around in public with a  prosthetic penis in his jeans or shorts or speedo just to see the reactions from guys or girls?

Interesting article  FYI

http://www.thebinge.us/greatest-hits-attention-gays-we-have-been-misled-by-prosthetic-penises/

17 hours ago, blueridgedad said:

I also wonder why an actor would confess to wearing a prosthetic penis?

Maybe some of them are hung like a hamster and don't want real pictures (paparazzi)  to "out" them....preemptive damage control:D

And I would say "yes" hollywood can make a prosthetic that on film looks 100% real, it's hollywood where nothing is real.  If commercial manufacturers can turn out semi-real looking by the millions, hollywood would have no problem touching up even a commercial product (make up please LOL)

BTW Love how so many of the dildo ads, cover the head and balls in their advertisements....obscenity laws?

Super-realistic-dildo-large-dick-horse-dildo-suction-cup-male-artificial-penis-Simulation-glans-dildos-for-women-sex-products-PMAK78812-vbn0.jpg

When it comes to Hollywood it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't! I remember when Saving Private Ryan was released on DVD, in the opening scene there's soldiers losing limbs, heads and all sorts. So I thought if I played those parts in slow motion the CGI and other special effects would become obvious, they did not! If they can do that with actors being blown apart they can make a prosthetic penis look very, very real! 

15 hours ago, Red Scott said:

When it comes to Hollywood it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't! I remember when Saving Private Ryan was released on DVD, in the opening scene there's soldiers losing limbs, heads and all sorts. So I thought if I played those parts in slow motion the CGI and other special effects would become obvious, they did not! If they can do that with actors being blown apart they can make a prosthetic penis look very, very real! 

Maybe actors are just a dime a dozen?  Seriously, how can there be no trace of special effects?  Maybe pixel by pixel art?

There's Several Sample Videos on YouTube (not sure if I can post them here so I won't) from a Company that makes Very Realistic Prosthetic Penises and Balls, some Models with Pubic Hairs, they're mostly meant to stick to the Body using a Special Adhesive in Female to Male Trans. There's a few Hollow Models that can be used to Pee while standing, flopping the Penis out of the Pants like us Guys do. They're also available to be Customized (you choose Skin Color, Cut or Uncut, its Size, Hairy or Bald, Balls hanging lower or tight etc) I must confess I thought about requesting a Hollow one to be used over my own Willy and Balls specially when I Hit the showers at the Gym -LOL- (of course I wouldn't be flaunting it everywhere in the Locker Room but at least I could have a more than Decent Size to be seen if anybody look) but considering that Customized Items are over USD 1200 each I rapidly erased that idea from my Mind because it's totally out of my Budget! 

Look for REELMAGIK Channel on YouTube, they look extremely Realistic and I think they really could Fool everyone in Real Life! 

In the famous (or should I say notorious) taxi driver-Jini sex scene in American Gods (first season), the actor who played the Jini discussed in interviews his use of a prosthetic penis for the nude scene. He was huge. I mean really huge...

thanks for all the fascinating responses.  

I still kind of doubt that Sean Penn did not realize that James Franco was wearing a prosthetic penis.

Here they have a scene together and it looks that real ?  Ok, no touching, but even by sight you can be fooled ?

And LilGonzalote,  do you think you could really convince guys in locker rooms and showers that your penis is real  when your real penis is actually inside a hollow prosthetic penis?    Or would it require some cosmetic artist to make it look like the real thing?

Would love to hear from someone who actually wore one and showed himself in a locker room or shower or pool.    

9 hours ago, blueridgedad said:

And LilGonzalote,  do you think you could really convince guys in locker rooms and showers that your penis is real  when your real penis is actually inside a hollow prosthetic penis?    Or would it require some cosmetic artist to make it look like the real thing?

I have never worn a prosthetic penis, but most guys dicks & balls have a different skin tone than the rest of their body, so it might not need an artist to make it look real... especially if you don't shave your pubes as they'd cover the "LINE."  

1 hour ago, shooter said:

Whats the point wearing a prosthetic penis? Who do you wanna fool? You only fool yourself...
I dont see why use prosthetic ones in movies. It would be much better penis-acceptence in the world if everyoone shows the real thing...

Usually you fool the audience and not yourself.

Yeah, it would be better for penis acceptance, but actors want to be superior and be worshiped!  Society doesn't admire small dicks.

My guess it is more for consistency during filming.  I was on a film set (Almost Famous movie) and watched as they did one scene (a 20 second spot in the movie) and it took them 3 hours of shooting.  Many time a scene is made up of multiple cuts.  Since a normal penis is likely to be in many different states of size over the course of many hours or even days of filming, having a prosthetic keeps the size/shape consistent.  This allows cuts to be spliced together without any scene changes.  Would be weird to see a shot where the guy is soft and small and during the same scene semi hard/larger.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:52 PM, blueridgedad said:

thanks for all the fascinating responses.  

I still kind of doubt that Sean Penn did not realize that James Franco was wearing a prosthetic penis.

Here they have a scene together and it looks that real ?  Ok, no touching, but even by sight you can be fooled ?

Would love to hear from someone who actually wore one and showed himself in a locker room or shower or pool.

I only saw it on that Company Vids, plus others videos mostly from Transgender users who Bought them, they show it detached from their bodies of course, and according to their Testimonials they do "fool" people when it's shown. Besides, they showed them in detail peeling the Foreskin, pulling the skin, showing the Veins, they look extremely realistic (at least on video) and they say it gets warm because of the Body Temperature. I guess they must use a very strong Adhesive to keep it from detaching or falling, specially when they Pee inside. 

If I had one, of course I wouldn't be showing off being naked for an hour in the Locker room so everybody can see. I think I'd take off my undies, hit the showers rolled in a Towel, shower mostly facing the wall, dry off quickly and get back to the Bench to get dressed, People would see it along the way, but I think that nobody's going to stare at it or ask if they can touch it to prove it's real or fake (Lol) Perhaps some may think "That Guy's Dick looks pretty weird" but won't do anything to see what is it that looks that weird, haha. Anyway, for now I can't afford buying and using one of these to prove my "Theory" is right. 

Recently saw a netflix series Sex Education set in a British equivalent of a high school.  There is a great show of a long uncut penis from behind between his legs as he stands on a cafeteria table and shows it to all the other students.  Its in one of the first 3 episodes I think, of season 1.

6 hours ago, rockslyde said:

If I remember correctly, Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights flips out his cock near the end of the movie. It's enormous, and I've always felt that it must have been a prosthetic.

I've always wondered how close to accurate the prosthetic was in that movie considering every documentary I've seen on John Holmes has referenced that there aren't any measurements of him on record.

@aquarock 

On 8/18/2019 at 3:43 AM, aquarock said:

I've always wondered how close to accurate the prosthetic was in that movie considering every documentary I've seen on John Holmes has referenced that there aren't any measurements of him on record.

I remember I saw this movie when it first came out and had already read that it was prothetic penis so I was very analytical when it was shown.  It looked obviously fake to me and was sort of disappointing.  Marky Mark had shown us his fat penis in his tight white briefs many times performing his music and I think if he had shown his real soft meaty penis it would have been very acceptable to the plot of the movie.  I was with a guy once that when I saw it soft I thought it was going to be an average penis but as he got erect it was actually a shock how long and thick it got.