do some men who are small or just normal find it a problem that their penis is rarely fully limp most of the time?

Got talking to my very trusted best friend about this who knows about my issue beforehand and as far as I know he's just run-of-the-mill size when flaccid and erect but he often is terrified to be seen flaccid at any given time as is its generally about an inch or a half or two inches softer the great majority of the time than his normal limp size he has when very limp (3 3/4 - 4 inches) there is also a thing called 'summer penis' which seems to affect most men where the heat will cause their limp penises to naturally expand a bit more and get limper so you end up with an extra limper longer penis but this isn't in effect most of the year of course.

This got me curious because I can kind of relate to this whole flaccid size not ever really being properly-limp although my penis is pathetic regardless of its flaccid or erect size but it seems even more pathetic 95% of the time when its more inverted than it needs to be. I am approx 1 1/2 inches flaccid but I find most of the time its rarely actually even that size it'll sit more around the half an inch mark. Don't get me wrong either size is pathetic but there are degrees of pathetic I guess lol. I'm not chubby around that area at all which eliminates the fat pad area visually stealing size and neither is Mark (my friend) who actually is very slim.

Why is it some guys seem to have very average sized junk when limper than a dead chicken (approx nearly 4 inches give or take) but yet most of the time it will be about 2 to 3 inches or something. I understand things like body temperature and other factors are a thing but why do some men get this problem where they are rarely ever fully limp in flaccid state going about their day?

Is this a known scientific thing which they have an explanation why some guys get this? I just have to know. Its bad enough being tiny but a problem like this also is just some icing on the cake plus I'm just curious what explains the phenomena.

Edited by Brennick89

"Unremarkable guys" I see in locker rooms seem to be partially engorged such that their penis is 3-4" or so and pretty thick.

Admittedly, small average and small guys are under-represented in locker rooms.  

My normal state which gets worse with anxiety is total lack of engorgement making my penis like and empty sack.  Then, what is left retracts such that it is 1/2" or less and very thin.  Sometimes, the penis retracts completely into my body.

Yup, this can and has happened in locker rooms, etc.

It's a very common thing, and since it's also entirely normal and natural, I don't let it bother me. If I'm sitting in the sunshine, my cock and balls relax and hang much lower than usual. As soon as I start walking about, everything starts to shrivel up. I see this all the time in a naturist environment, and nobody cares. The "showers" who hang and swing are few and far between.

I wonder if it goes back to our hunter-gatherer heritage, you don't want something swinging about when you're running after prey!

15 hours ago, new2day said:

It's a very common thing, and since it's also entirely normal and natural, I don't let it bother me. If I'm sitting in the sunshine, my cock and balls relax and hang much lower than usual. As soon as I start walking about, everything starts to shrivel up. I see this all the time in a naturist environment, and nobody cares. The "showers" who hang and swing are few and far between.

I wonder if it goes back to our hunter-gatherer heritage, you don't want something swinging about when you're running after prey!

Can't be THAT common though I mean gaurenteed if you look at any random pic of nudist males you'll see they generally have 4 inches or so that looks perfectly proportional. Almost all of them seem to on average.

I have the same problem with retracting in so the head is not even shown.  Then the skin of the shaft tightens up to form about a 1/2" diameter and 1/2" protrusion.  This is its state about 70% of the time.  Frustrating and embarrassing, even painful at times.  Can be a struggle to get the head out quickly if I waited to long to pee.

I am totally not happy with my erect size but I can deal with that a little better.  This little f'n nub of a soft dick just pisses me off.  Why can't I just hang down like a normal man, even if just a couple inches.  Much better than what shows now.... 

For me "fully limp" varies from 1" to 2" depending on what I'm doing. I'm nude most of the time so if I'm hiking, walking around, doing chores, swimming etc., I'm closer to 2". But if I'm sitting around chatting, watching TV, working on the computer, etc., I'm closer to 1". Temperature affects my balls and scrotum more than my dick.

Limp and limp:

https://imgur.com/appOuDP

My penis gets totally limp and relaxed occasionally. It hangs certainly no longer than two inches, probably less, when in that condition. My girth is obviously very thin as well. The very slim girth of my flaccid penis is what makes it look so small when I’m like that. Most of the time though my unerect penis just sort of sticks straight out maybe an inch to an inch an a half...maybe. It just kind of bounces and jiggles up and down a little bit when I walk around. My wife seems to find it amusing.

17 hours ago, smallgrower said:

I have the same problem with retracting in so the head is not even shown.  Then the skin of the shaft tightens up to form about a 1/2" diameter and 1/2" protrusion.  This is its state about 70% of the time.  Frustrating and embarrassing, even painful at times.  Can be a struggle to get the head out quickly if I waited to long to pee.

I am totally not happy with my erect size but I can deal with that a little better.  This little f'n nub of a soft dick just pisses me off.  Why can't I just hang down like a normal man, even if just a couple inches.  Much better than what shows now.... 

Yeah, exactly how mine works, except can't say I'm happy with my erection either with it just over 4".

5 hours ago, JamesD said:

Yeah, exactly how mine works, except can't say I'm happy with my erection either with it just over 4".

Well I am just at 4.75" length but girth is only 3.75".  Length is just okay but the thinness of it makes it look much smaller and definitely does not fill up my wife.  Better than the soft nub that it is most of the time.

@Brennick89 There's special skin cells in the shaft of the penis and the scrotum that react to variances in temperature, this reaction is retraction when cold and relaxed when warm. This regulates the temperature of the testicles to a few degrees less than that of the body's internal temperature to optimise sperm fertility, and in the case of the penis, pulls it closer to the body to protect it from cold temperatures or injury, the injury aspect being a response by the body from the affects of an adrenaline release (fight or flight response)

Those cells will induce a greater retraction on a smaller and thus lighter penis than they will on a larger heavier penis. So basically if you have a smaller flaccid size you will suffer greater retraction too. The same goes for the testicles.

Adrenaline and cortisone, the latter being a stress hormone, also make the penis and testicles retract additionally to any temperature variations, thus increasing retraction further! This keeps them closer to the body and out of harm's way. 

So if you expose a smaller flaccid penis to cool air it will retract a fair bit, if this retraction then makes you anxious too, the penis will retract even more! A larger and heavier flaccid penis is affected much less by retraction. It's not fair really, but that's just the body's way. 

Many have adopted the phrase "50 states of flaccid" as a anecdotal nod to a book with a similar title! Look on the bright side, you're less likely to get frostbite than a hung guy!

• 2 months later...

@smallgrower Try wearing loose underwear and pants and pulling it out by the tip every half hour or so and it won't retract as much. And start wearing a soft cock ring that can push it out more. The swing-o curve is a good choice for constant wear because it's contoured for your body and soft but durable. Its pretty cheap. Good investment.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, Red Scott said:

@Brennick89 There's special skin cells in the shaft of the penis and the scrotum that react to variances in temperature, this reaction is retraction when cold and relaxed when warm. This regulates the temperature of the testicles to a few degrees less than that of the body's internal temperature to optimise sperm fertility, and in the case of the penis, pulls it closer to the body to protect it from cold temperatures or injury, the injury aspect being a response by the body from the affects of an adrenaline release (fight or flight response)

Those cells will induce a greater retraction on a smaller and thus lighter penis than they will on a larger heavier penis. So basically if you have a smaller flaccid size you will suffer greater retraction too. The same goes for the testicles.

Adrenaline and cortisone, the latter being a stress hormone, also make the penis and testicles retract additionally to any temperature variations, thus increasing retraction further! This keeps them closer to the body and out of harm's way. 

So if you expose a smaller flaccid penis to cool air it will retract a fair bit, if this retraction then makes you anxious too, the penis will retract even more! A larger and heavier flaccid penis is affected much less by retraction. It's not fair really, but that's just the body's way. 

Many have adopted the phrase "50 states of flaccid" as a anecdotal nod to a book with a similar title! Look on the bright side, you're less likely to get frostbite than a hung guy!

Speaking as a big, even very big guy, I'm not sure about this Scott- I tend to find the "50 types" applies to me too!.

I don't know if you know this, but on the SPS sites, smaller guys have a "trick"of showing their limp dicks as " innies"- sometimes they actually press them in themselves.

Well, although my flaccid penis can be very big - bigger than your erect size in fact-there are occasions when it can actually look small, and I can even inverted like this!. I don't know if all big ones are like this, but possibly it's linked to the idea of bigger being softer, which you could kind of imply from this thread actually!.

It just goes to show that big and small are relative terms!.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:02 AM, Mikesolo said:

@smallgrower Try wearing loose underwear and pants and pulling it out by the tip every half hour or so and it won't retract as much. And start wearing a soft cock ring that can push it out more. The swing-o curve is a good choice for constant wear because it's contoured for your body and soft but durable. Its pretty cheap. Good investment.

I haven't been wearing underwear for over a year now and have always worn loose pants or shorts.  I did try a soft and hard cock rings that makes things look great until my cock retracts the head all the way back in and then the cock ring falls off (and out of your shorts BTW, luckily I was by myself).