Happy or Jealous? Your son is better hung than you.

@Triasco9.5 It’s not so much that I found that particular episode embarrassing, (which of course I did) as much as I tend to find my ‘condition’ rather embarrassing. My insecurities about it are mostly in my head. I realize that, but  it’s there nonetheless. I have no real day to day issues with my penis being so small and it usually completely slips my mind. But, to put it bluntly,  it’s was not all that reassuring, confidence wise, when I was visually confronted with the fact that these  prepubescent boys had larger penises than I, a middle aged, otherwise completely normal, healthy adult male have. Anyway, I’ve know and dealt with the fact that I have a tiny penis and testicles since I was a young boy myself. It certainly wasn’t a surprise to me as much as reaffirmation of what I was already keenly aware of when I saw these young boys naked. Did that clear things up for as to why I was and and continue to be embarrassed about it?...LOL. 

@Allen43 Indeed, anbd thank you for sharing, though I think the language is pretty interesting. 'Otherwise normal' is fair, I suppose, though "normal" and "average have different connotations.  But otherwise healthy? It seems to imply a small penis as a sort of disease or ailment.  Just an observation. 

@Triasco9.5 It certainly wasn’t my intention to imply that solely having a really small penis is in some way a ‘disease’ or ‘unhealthy’. It isn’t. It’s just a physical ‘attribute’ or ‘condition’. It certainly might affect one’s mental health though. (ie: self esteem, confidence, etc.)

1 hour ago, Allen43 said:

. It certainly might affect one’s mental health though. (ie: self esteem, confidence, etc.)

For sure. 

The word "confidence" interests me.  Confidence woudl seem to imply thinking that an outcome will be as planned or hoped.  For instance, "confidence" that a business deal or investment will turn-out to be in your favor.  Ranting that guys with small dicks should somehow "be confident" when society at large rather systematically denies status to the small of penis seems absurd to me.

Seems to me that developing assertiveness in spite of a small penis handicap would make more sense.  Trying to be confident of the unlikely doesn't make a lot of sense!  Tactful assertiveness is attractive, I think.

16 hours ago, Allen43 said:

I’m sure if I had a son that had reached say ten years of age, he would be at least as large as I am now, maybe even larger. I’ve seen young boys of probably that age naked in a shower/change room at a public pool. Their penises were as large as, if not larger than mine. That fact didn’t really surprise me at all but it is still rather embarrassing nonetheless.

I've seen young boys in locker rooms laughing among themselves or snickering about older guys being smaller several times.

Seems to indicate an instinctive penis size awareness / status consciousness.  They really seemed to enjoy an older guy being "inferior."

@JamesD These young boys I was referring to in that shower room saw how small my penis and testicles were. They also noticed that mine was shaved completely smooth as well.  I saw them looking, not really even trying to be sly about it. I’m sure it amused them that an adult man had a penis certainly no larger than theirs, and probably smaller. The young boys seemed to have no inhibitions at all about exposing themselves to each other, or me for that matter. I’m sure I heard them snickering as I exited.

6 hours ago, JamesD said:

Confidence woudl seem to imply thinking that an outcome will be as planned or hoped.

Thats exactly what it is....believing you can achieve the planned/desired outcome.....
Confidence stems from experience.  I succeeded in that, no real reason I can't succeed in this.
I learned to ride a bike, I learned to skate, I was an "A" student.  I CAN learn and apply my knowledge and skills successfully.

aaaaagggg I am taking sailing lessons, on a 30' boat, I have never been on the ocean or in anything bigger than a canoe.
"inner voice says: you are a good learner, you WILL learn and apply this knowledge on the seven seas, its the fulfillment of a life long dream" - Confidence in my ability to learn.
Confidence-believing in your abilities and capacity to succeed on an endeavour.

6 hours ago, JamesD said:

Trying to be confident of the unlikely doesn't make a lot of sense!

That would be fake it till you make it, impostor syndrome , arrogance, or pure BS ???  LOL.... 
I am going to compete on Americans Got Talent as a singer and will be the best they ever heard............hahahahahahahhahahahaahaha
I sing like a frog and need a bucket just to carry a tune.  If I thought this "delusional" would be apropos.

Edited by canuck45

@JamesD I'd actually challenge the notion that the reaction was instinctual (probably because I'm a sociology major). Typically when I've seen or heard of kids "saying the darndest things" or committing some type of social faux paus, it's due to a lack of social education or a specific lesson taught by those around them. 

For instance, I've heard of kids who have noticed the penis size difference you're referring to and ask their parental figure about why that difference is.  No judgment on status there, just curiosity regarding a phenomenon that is natural: variety, especially when it departs felin what they have taken for granted as normal. 

The reaction of the boys suggest to me that they have already been taught-- perhaps by parents or peers, but more likely the media-- that society places inordinate attention and emphasis on penis size and are reacting "accordingly". Naturally, I find that very troublesome, and should hope that they are set straight before too long. 

And I do agree on the observation of confidence to an extent.  I think Canuck has a point in that confidence is, in part, based on experience.  It's also based on interpretation of experience.  For instance, if you have a bad experience,  for whatever reason, and think it's due to a shortcoming of your own that is difficult or impossible to change, it's harder to be confident.  However,  if you believe that it's due to a lack of chemistry and/or something that really is beyond your ability control and understand it is not fair to have your worth judged on such a criterion,  it's a bit easier to be confident. 

On 9/3/2019 at 6:13 AM, JamesD said:

Ranting that guys with small dicks should somehow "be confident" when society at large rather systematically denies status to the small of penis seems absurd to me.

The thing is there are millions of successful confident people and what is their penis size...who knows.
Confidence is built upon abilities and past successes, not physical attributes. 
Some may rely on the physical (Pamela Anderson) but that fades or sags,what HAS she done lately...nothing  hahahahaha

Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone... "society says tall people have an advantage and tend to be more successful"
Guess they never got that memo. 
Are they 'confident' in their acting abilities, does it depend on their penis size...no.

Can you tell me the penis size of any of the following:

According to Wealth Gorilla, the most influential (and confident?) people are:

1. Jesus Christ
  2. Albert Einstein 
  3. Isaac Newton 
  4. Leonardo Da Vinci 
  5. Aristotle 
  6. Muhammad 
  7. Galileo Galilei 
  8. Alexander the Great 
  9. Charles Darwin 
  10. Plato 
  11. William Shakespeare 
  12. Martin Luther King, Jr. 
  13. Socrates 
  14. Mahatma Gandhi 
  15. Abraham Lincoln 
  16. George Washington 
  17. Moses
  18. Adolf Hitler 
  19. Nikola Tesla
  20. Gautama Buddha 
  21. Julius Ceasar 
  22. Karl Marx 
  23. Martin Luther 
  24. Napoleon Bonaparte 
  25. Johannes Gutenberg  

7 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

For instance, I've heard of kids who have noticed the penis size difference you're referring to and ask their parental figure about why that difference is.  No judgment on status there, just curiosity regarding a phenomenon that is natural: variety, especially when it departs felin what they have taken for granted as normal. 

Depends why they focus on penile differences.  Do they ask as well why other body part vary between individuals?  Perhaps they already have a social veneer and sublimate raw instincts.  They might even be think how unfair differences are.

@JamesDIndeed,  they do ask about other differences with a similar curiosity.  I would contend that there are very few, if any,  social teachings that are instinctual, we just take for granted that they're learned.  

Derision or ridicule suggests judgement about a departure from the norm that carries with it expectations about behavior or being. Seeing as how attitudes toward penis size have changed through millennia and culture, I think it's fair to conclude they're not instinctual or we would all agree and know about the "standard" without needing to question it, and the associations made with it would be true.

6 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

Seeing as how attitudes toward penis size have changed through millennia and culture, I think it's fair to conclude they're not instinctual or we would all agree and know about the "standard" without needing to question it, and the associations made with it would be true.

Or was the alleged derision of large a defense mechanism for cultures like the Greeks, Romans, Asians who were actually jealous of the barbarians who seemed larger?

Edited by Guest

@JamesD Actually, given the focus and importance of those cultures on the idea of moderation or self control, it's far more likely that it was not a defense mechanism like,  say,  the sexualization and association of a large flaccid cock with animality and sexual aggression that gave rise to the big black cock and other such myths. The difference in the two being one is general while the other is pointed and specific. 

In either case, judgments are made regarding the size of the penis and what represents or means and said expectations are made into norms that are taught socially.  Again, not instinctual. 

Edited by Triasco9.5
Clarity

4 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

@JamesD Actually, given the focus and importance of those cultures on the idea of moderation or self control, it's far more likely that it was not a defense mechanism like,  say,  the sexualization and association of a large flaccid cock with animality and sexual aggression that gave rise to the big black cock and other such myths. The difference in the two being one is general while the other is pointed and specific. 

In either case, judgments are made regarding the size of the penis and what represents or means and said expectations are made into norms that are taught socially.  Again, not instinctual. 

Ah, yes, we certainly can't admit those big cock barbarians are as smart as we are or have the same measure of self-control and moderation.  In fact, we will make special efforts to ensure we conquer them in battle.

• 9 months later...
On 9/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, canuck45 said:

According to Wealth Gorilla, the most influential (and confident?) people are:

1. Jesus Christ
  2. Albert Einstein 
  3. Isaac Newton 
  4. Leonardo Da Vinci 
  5. Aristotle 
  6. Muhammad 
  7. Galileo Galilei 
  8. Alexander the Great 
  9. Charles Darwin 
  10. Plato 
  11. William Shakespeare 
  12. Martin Luther King, Jr. 
  13. Socrates 
  14. Mahatma Gandhi 
  15. Abraham Lincoln 
  16. George Washington 
  17. Moses
  18. Adolf Hitler 
  19. Nikola Tesla
  20. Gautama Buddha 
  21. Julius Ceasar 
  22. Karl Marx 
  23. Martin Luther 
  24. Napoleon Bonaparte 
  25. Johannes Gutenberg  

WTF!!! Wealth Gorilla overlooked me! Careless! Have to talk with Jane Goodall about that. Not stuck on myself, but I'd hex Karl Marx and slip me in between Julius Caesar and Martin Luther. I can easily toss off more than 95 theses and my gall is totally undivided. Veni, vidi, vici. 

My son is hung almost identically with me (at least soft). He doesn't seem to have any hang ups about it at all. He has my looks, though he's not quite as tall or as well-built as me; more of a swimmer's build. He does have my hairy-chest, though. In the movies, he'd be the boy next door. 

I asked my mother (quite recently, actually) about penis size in our family. I asked my father of course, but he was never around and to this day still has yet to have a meaningful conversation with me. But I've done my best to foster a relationship with him. In any case, he seemed to have no idea about size in general, let alone our family. My mother said that my father was the man with an above average penis, but it wasn't overly large like mine. She then proceeded to assuage what she thought were concerns of mine by telling me not to worry and that many women prefer larger sizes. Gotta love Moms. lol.

I've never understood taking pride in the size of one's penis let alone your offspring. It's no achievement to have a small, average or large penis. Surely someone who is a member of this site having grown up with issues regarding their size is just perpetuating the problem that brought them here in the first place regarding size. If small penises were a more socially acceptable thing and large penises were seen as grotesque would people be proud of having a small penis? 

I agree that pride in size alone is kind of pointless. I feel the same way about working out just to look good.  I will attempt to draw a clear distinction,  but people often seem confused when I tell them as much. 

I've never been comfortable with being proud of my size just for my size.  I'm proud of my dick because it's mine and I own it. the same pride in ownership that I learned from the Army also applies to my body.  it's mine and I'm proud to own it.  If we want to consider penis size a "talent" (I don't), then I can also say I'm proud of my intellect and other traits I don't quite control because I have them, even if they're considered abnormal,  or weird. 

However, I feel real pride comes from what I do with those talents and skills,  that body and dick. I'm not proud when I bring pain or intimidation to someone, but I'm proud when I can provide pleasure to them.  Likewise, I'm proud when I take care of my body and it shows: Yesterday, I ended up having to walk six miles or so in the Sun.  Which honestly is nothing, as I've rucked with close to 70 lbs on my body up and down hills and ridges in full kit with a rifle for miles.  I'm proud that my body can handle that, and is strong enough to serve and protect those around me. 

Of course pride in heredity is slightly different. Since my father was never around, we had no relationship, so I wasn't proud when my mother would tell me I look like or sound like or act like my father. (We've since begun trying to build a better relationship, and I'm proud of the effort on both our parts.) But any time my mannerisms or preferences are parallel to my mother's,  I feel pride. From the discussions I have,  I imagine a good parent is always proud when they've passed on something they view as positive onto their children or (especially) when they're children surpass them or bring something entirely new to the bloodline.  My mother is the strongest and funniest person I know, and I'm proud to inherit half of either trait. She also passed down a love for writing (genetically,  I think,  it's actually quite interesting and I'm happy to discuss it more). But my capacity for empathy and the sheer heat of my passion far exceeds hers, and she understands that's a big part of why I am who I am, and she takes pride in it. 

I will not be proud of my son for having a big dick.  I think that's a bit pointless.  But I'll be proud of any child who takes after me or who doesn't,  but still pursues good and right in their life. 

I apologize for the rant.  I didn't mean to rant this early in the day.  lol

@Triasco9.5 "This is my rifle, this is my gun; this is for shooting, this is for fun." Or is that the Marines? I'm a Navy guy.

You are a well-adjusted person. Genetics are a crapshoot. I didn't do anything to get the gifts I got, and they are many, so I try to put them to good use in service to the world.

You are a gentleman, and I am so impressed with your point of view, may I suggest that on the occasion where you do bring pain and intimidation, slow down and use plenty of lube. The late John Holmes, who claimed 13 inches but likely wasn't, said he never met a woman who couldn't take it, he just made sure to go slow.

If you ever decide to marry, your wife will get a keeper, and I hope you do, too.

@Nillywilly Thank you for your kind words as well as your as your advice. I've followed said advice, but, unfortunately,  some times body dimensions just don't match up, and no amount of lube or patience will make it pleasurable for the person in question. All men have their limitations, hung men are no exceptions.

Thank you again. I don't know if I'm the marrying type, but I am hoping to bring happiness and pleasure to any partner find myself together with.

And my other was Navy, so thank you for your service, sir. I'm Army myself, but at least neither of us are Air Force! (No actual offense meant to our fellow service, just friendly teasing).

Edited by Triasco9.5