Pubes: Natural, Trimmed or Shaved?

Tsoren

@Tsoren Great story (and great memory, obviously).  You didn't say how old you were at the time.  My one and only time skinny dipping was also with two of my cousins (their pool) and two friends of theirs.  My one cousin, his friend and I were all about 14, the friend's brother about 12, and my younger cousin was 11.  Because I'd been doing the mandatory group showers thing for a few years, I was not at all embarrassed and absolutely LOVED the feeling so swimming naked.  And drying off by laying naked on the decking in the slight summer breeze?  Heaven.  Anyway, thing is, if my aunt would have joined us, I would have died!  So kudos to your cousins & family for being PROPERLY relaxed about family nudity.

As for your little pop-up, I'm sure your aunt was amused and complimented.

Oh... to keep on topic - did any of you boys have pubic hair at the time?  LOL.

@CuriousNow It is a great memory.  And it has been mentioned in a number of family gatherings over the years.  We lived next door to our cousins, and we were about fifteen miles out of town.  Not like we got many visitors.  Don't really remember how it started, but from the time I was about seven or eight, all four of us kids decided we didn't need swim suits in our pool.  So we spent many summers skinny dipping.  Kind of grew up naked in the summers.

When this particular incident happened, I was 14, one cousin was 13, my brother 12, and the cousin I was in the splashing fight with was 11.  

2 hours ago, CuriousNow said:

Oh... to keep on topic - did any of you boys have pubic hair at the time?  LOL.

To keep on topic, my two cousins both had pubic hair, but neither my brother nor I did.  Interesting thing is, I think that was the last day for our skinny dipping.  We were in swim suits from then on.  And I don't think it had so much to do with my erection as it did with the fact that my aunt felt sorry for me that I was so far behind in my development. 

@Tsoren Interesting (that your aunt started you boys wearing suits).  Seems to me that if YOU were OK with things, then she should have just let everything continue as it was.  But...  that's just my humble opinion.

Also interesting that your eleven-year-old cousin had pubic hair.  That was about the age we started the mandatory showers in junior high and NONE of the boys in my class had pubic hair.  And my eleven-year-old cousin also had no pubes when we went skinny dipping (or later that year when we wrestled naked one time).  So it seems to me that your cousins (or that younger one, at least) might have been a bit sexually precocious.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:22 PM, CuriousNow said:

@Tsoren Interesting (that your aunt started you boys wearing suits).  Seems to me that if YOU were OK with things, then she should have just let everything continue as it was.  But...  that's just my humble opinion.

Also interesting that your eleven-year-old cousin had pubic hair.  That was about the age we started the mandatory showers in junior high and NONE of the boys in my class had pubic hair.  And my eleven-year-old cousin also had no pubes when we went skinny dipping (or later that year when we wrestled naked one time).  So it seems to me that your cousins (or that younger one, at least) might have been a bit sexually precocious.

To be honest, my aunt may have ended our skinny dipping experience by starting us wearing swim suits, but it was definitely time.  And I was actually glad she did it.  It was getting more and more difficult for me because I was becoming more and more embarrassed about being so far behind both of my cousins in terms of physical development.

As far as my cousins, who both had pubic hair at eleven, I don't know if they were precocious in their development or not.  I do know for certainty that I was on the other end of the puberty spectrum.  

Would be interesting to know when others started noticing pubic hair, and whether eleven years old was earlier than most or not.

I remember the first day of sixth grade in PE (gym class) in the locker room, there were guys who were already starting to get pubic hair. Everyone was required to wear a jock with gym shorts and everyone had to take a shower (open) after class so you could see everyone fully naked. I was barely 11 years old, totally smooth, my penis was the same small size I always remember it being and it stuck straight out. It was about 1" soft and 2" hard. By eight grade, most of the guys had some pubic hair, many with a full bush but I was still totally smooth. When I turned 14 (the summer after eight grade) I got my first few random, ginger colored pubic hairs but my dick hadn't really grown much when soft but it was probably 3-3.5" hard with a little more girth.

11 hours ago, Tsoren said:

Would be interesting to know when others started noticing pubic hair, and whether eleven years old was earlier than most or not.

Well, @Restoredude said he saw some of the boys were starting to get pubic hair at 11.  But, at that age (1965 for me), I really do not remember a single boy in my class having any pubic hair whatsoever - we were all uniformly tiny and hairless!  The one exception was an exchange student from Greece.  But he was two or three years older than the rest of us (was attending our junior high with the boy from his host family - that boy being our age).  This Greek boy not only had pubic hair, it was a full bush and his penis was almost adult sized (or, at least, it seemed so since he was so much more developed than the rest of us).  Most interestingly, he was uncircumcised - the only natural male I'd ever seen at that point in my life.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually just cycle between a full bush and trimmed. Whenever my bush is fully grown, I will usually trim it with an electric razor within a few weeks, and I don't really trim it super close. The next time I trim will be after then bush fully grows out again.

This means that my pubic hair is usually somewhere between trimmed and totally natural. I rarely go completely bald or trim super close. I think it looks a little weird since my body is otherwise very hairy. I have a very hairy stomach and chest. Though I trim my chest sometimes, it would be way too much trouble to try and keep it nice and smooth.

I prefer to be trimmed most of the time, especially during the warmest months.  I also like to keep my balls shaved to keep the sweat and itching down.  During the colder months, i tend to let the pubes grow longer but still shave the nuts.  I think my nuts hang lower, which feels better, when they are shaved.  When i have to go see my female doctor or her cute, young nurse practitioner, i will let things go natural for a while.

I never had anyone mention my pubic hair style, but i keep pretty private in the showers at the gym.

I prefer my wife trimmed too.  I think she likes my balls smooth and pubes trimmed.

We have both shaved which is lots of work to maintain.  Stubble gets irritating.  That does not include how weird it looks on me since thighs and belly have lots of dark hair.  My head has less and less every year!😠

• 4 weeks later...