Maximum on Video Chat?

Natural1

Question

Is there a limit on how many people can be in video chat at one time? 

It seems like everything works fine with 4 people in chat and video. Then when the 5th person enters, the text bar or section is not visible. If the 5th person, or someone else drops out, everything is back to normal. This has happened a few times to me.

Thanks for all you do as VP of Operations.

4 answers to this question

@Natural1 Hi. A few days ago I dropped by chat and there was a few guys in there.Every one was very nice and greeted me but for some reason I could not reply back it was like the bar was not there. I felt oh great I cant reply to any one then all of a sudden the bar appeared im now wondering if you are on to some thing and this happens. I know im not answering your note but just wanted to say that you might be right.

Edited by zebraben

@zebraben Hi Ben,  it was good to see you a few days or so ago. I was actually in on the same video chat with you when this happened. Yes, there was a great group in there that afternoon. You were enthusiastically welcomed by all.

You explained the video/chat anomaly very well. The text bar actually goes away or drops down into a screen area we can't get to. Scrolling down doesn't bring it back. Even if you shrink (bad word) the people's video image on screen, :ilovethecock:the text bar doesn't return. What a few of us have found is that with 4 people on video, everything is fine. Once a 5th video opens, the text bar is lost. All we could do was look at the video images, that represented ages from the 40's to 80's. We could not communicate with the chat group.

Hopefully something can be done. 

If this happens again, check that there may be two independent vertical scroll bars on the right side of the browser window.  One that scrolls the Chat frame and one that scrolls the Measurection page that the Chat is embedded in.  If so, you may have to fiddle with both to get to the text entry bar within the Chat frame.

As to the inability to type into the text entry bar even if it is on screen, I've found that this may happen if I've clicked somewhere else in the Chat frame and tried to click back into the text entry bar.  When it does happen, I find that if I click on my desktop outside the browser window and then click back in the text entry bar of the Chat frame, it will work again.  I have no idea why this happens.

Alan G