Amazed at the minds of idiots

So I work as a Poker dealer. 

The other night I tapped into a new game. I was immediatly interacting with the players and complaining about my physical limitations. 

At some point that meant the discussion turned to penis size and someone asked when was the last time I saw it. I laughed and said 'well I do have a mirror.'

It just made me mad that strangers can 'attack' a perfectly normal person on such a personal level - even though it all may seem like it was in fun. 

Why, in first place, do you allow them to do that?

I can perfectly understand you're at a servicial position in your job, but why were you complaining about your body with strangers?

If you go through life showing weakness or worry so easily people will often test your limits and attack you to reinforce their sense of security and auto-perceived "superiority".

You make a point,  I suppose, but that doesn't negate the Poker's point in the slightest.  I think it's bit rude to offer that and nothing else, though it's more rude of the people Poker described to make fun of something he can't control in a way that's clearly not appropriate for their level of distance/ connection.

Why are you provoking such a conversation?  Why do you call it a game?

I'd like to know what kind of physical limitations you started-out talking about and how the conversation turned to penis size.

Many people do enjoy shaming a man for his small penis.  I suppose it would be interesting to prove this truth over and over, case after case by a "game."  But at your own expense?

For me, the enthusiastic response of any audience to small penis humor is proof enough.

Edited by Guest

@pokerpro831 
Just seems a strange conversation at a poker table....and if its the tummy and arms, the reference to seeing your penis would have nothing to do with its actual size.

I tell my friends I now have dicky doo disease....my belly sticks out further than my dickie do.

Many years ago when I was in college I took an interpersonal communications class ("an exchange of information between two or more people"). I learned how to control a conversation simply by bringing up subjects I want them to know about me. For example, if i want them to know I was a star football player in high school, I start the conversation with, "where did you go to high school?" They say, XYZ high school in City, State".  I say, "did you play sports?" They say, "yes but I wasn't very good." I say, "I was really lucky. I lettered as a sophomore and got to start as quarterback my junior year. That led to several scholarships my senior year."

That being said, I would suggest not bringing up your physical limitations if you don't want the conversation to be about your size.

Maybe I'm a soft or what have you. Or I'm missing something.   I just find it fascinating and legitimately disappointing to see these responses from people  I've seen be incredibly supportive in other threads. 

I understand the "don't complain if someone takes what you say and uses it against you point". But why focus on that? It's like someone complaining to you about their food being stolen out of a community fridge and you berating them for not putting their name on it AND judging them for what they brought for lunch. Never mind the actions of the thief, which are I'd contend are more deserving of the tone I'm registering from the responses to this thread. 

2 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

Maybe I'm a soft or what have you. Or I'm missing something.   I just find it fascinating and legitimately disappointing to see these responses from people  I've seen be incredibly supportive in other threads. 

I understand the "don't complain if someone takes what you say and uses it against you point". But why focus on that? It's like someone complaining to you about their food being stolen out of a community fridge and you berating them for not putting their name on it AND judging them for what they brought for lunch. Never mind the actions of the thief, which are I'd contend are more deserving of the tone I'm registering from the responses to this thread. 

I'm just trying to better understand what was going on . . .  pretty foreign to me.  I have no idea why a poker dealer would bring-up his physical limitations, whatever they might be at the gaming table.

2 hours ago, JamesD said:

I'm just trying to better understand what was going on . . .  pretty foreign to me.  I have no idea why a poker dealer would bring-up his physical limitations, whatever they might be at the gaming table.

I do understand that, but does that justify the actions of the people at the table? I'm sure it's not your intention,  or that of any other poster, but it vet much sounds like it in tone. 

6 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

I do understand that, but does that justify the actions of the people at the table? I'm sure it's not your intention,  or that of any other poster, but it vet much sounds like it in tone. 

Well, yes.  It sounds to some like he is giving the green light to such talk.  Of course, it is not pretty that they take him up on it!

3 hours ago, JamesD said:

Well, yes.  It sounds to some like he is giving the green light to such talk.  Of course, it is not pretty that they take him up on it!

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I don't think there IS justification (explanation sure, but there's a difference) for cruelty and humiliation outside of the bounds of some CONSENSUAL sexual encounters. What's more, he didn't even mention sex or sexuality given what we know.  They took it there. So the justification is twice removed. 

This is the same logic that justifies victim blaming when it comes to sexual assault (among other things), by the way.   Where were they, who were they with, why were they drinking, etc. May seem like a jump,  but as a survivor myself,  I suppose I'm sensitive to the topic. 

And to the OP, I'm sorry if I'm the only one who seems to think so,  but your frustration and disappointment is understandable.  Regardless of what you happen to share with people, intentionally or just spur of the moment,  people aren't justified in trying to humiliate you, especially when they don't know anything substantial about you. 

4 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I don't think there IS justification (explanation sure, but there's a difference) for cruelty and humiliation outside of the bounds of some CONSENSUAL sexual encounters. What's more, he didn't even mention sex or sexuality given what we know.  They took it there. So the justification is twice removed.  [ . . . ]

Ok, but I was hoping the OP would tell us exactly what he said that opened the topic.  I've never heard anyone start talking about his physical limitation or refer to "opening a game" in that context.  I just wanted to know more about this.

6 minutes ago, JamesD said:

Ok, but I was hoping the OP would tell us exactly what he said that opened the topic.  I've never heard anyone start talking about his physical limitation or refer to "opening a game" in that context.  I just wanted to know more about this.

Like I said, that's fair.  But based on words like "provoke" and "at your own expense" your curiosity was already judgmental. There's ways to ask without such judgment,  or at least asking without broadcasting it.

4 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

Like I said, that's fair.  But based on words like "provoke" and "at your own expense" your curiosity was already judgmental. There's ways to ask without such judgment,  or at least asking without broadcasting it.

OK.  Not my intention, but. . .

9 hours ago, JamesD said:

If IIRC I said I had trouble reaching to the corner seats because of my short arms and big stomach. That then moved to my gut blocking my ability to see my toes and, ultimately, my dick. 

What's funny to me is I could be hung like Triasco and they all jump to this conclusion that I have a small dick. 

It's difficult to predict what some people will say in response to another person's complaint. Some don't want to hear any complaints or mentions of personal limitations and weaknesses; they will stop it with something of a verbal attack to halt further talk. They are there to have fun and escape from the daily grind, they don't need reminders that they have their own issues which they are briefly leaving behind.

Edited by pfm

Hey some don't see the point as to why at a poker table that would take place. But with me if its true or not what a very interesting and kind of fun forum.I would say that maybe a good game of strip poker may bring up the penis. Oh for the love of being the guy who loses at strip poker and as the final item of cloths go off and every one waits to see whats going to show theres my little guy and the faces all start to drop. yes for the love of a good game of strip poker. just kind of kidding around here.

@pokerpro831

On 2/25/2020 at 5:22 PM, pokerpro831 said:

I am overweight and most of it is in my gut. I have short to average arms. The combo makes it tough for me to reach the corners of the table.

Well, but you have your technique and you do your job. Don't start apologizing for the way you do your job, and if others make a commentary about the way you move then you just say "Yeah, that's the way I do" and lead the conversation to other topics.