Video sizing

canuck45

Question

11 answers to this question

Actually, there's only one there now.  After uploading the clip, I clicked in the text entry box and then clicked the circled + in the thumbnail below the text box.  That embedded a copy of the video clip into the text box.  When I submitted the post, the two images, the big one in the text area and the medium one below, both showed up.

So I went back and edited out the embedded image.  Unfortunately, when I submitted the edited post, the one below grew to fill the width of the text column.  I have not been able to find a way to get just one medium size (or actual size) playable video to show up.  Anything I do to try to embed one and control its display size causes a second one to show up at the bottom of the post.

Alan G

This has puzzled me too - because all you can work with is the maximum width - but I think in CSS I was able to set the max-height as 500px which fits a screen nicely. Try it out and see if you notice any difference.  

JTT, the problem only occurs when a video is uploaded to a post, not when a URL to a video is inserted into the post.  And the problem is that the width of the video player is set to 100% of the width of the text display area of the post, even if the actual pixel width of the post is narrower.  Note that in Adrian's "dropped in video" the player fills the width, even though the video was shot in portrait mode.

Alan G