Surprised at penis size

Have you ever seen a guy's penis and been surprised at what you saw? Could be big or small.  Growing up I had a friend who was slim build and kind of short. He was a bit of a nerdy kid. I was sleeping over at his house one night and he crouched down to clean up his drink that he spilled.  He was wearing boxers and the most enormous penis flopped out right in front of my face! I was shocked. Made me think of him differently. 

I was going to tell this story in another thread where our friend @Triasco9.5 mentioned being exposed to a plethora of penises in the service.

This is back in 1972 at King Hall at OCS Newport, in my company were two guys from Ohio that were best buds, Ed and Alex. Ed was maybe 6’3”, Alex maybe 5’3” or a little more, a real Mutt & Jeff combination. Ed was sandy blonde with a ‘stache (facial hair was OK in Admiral Zumwalt’s Navy), Alex was clean shaven but had maybe the heaviest beard I have ever seen, and I have a heavy beard. Alex could shave before breakfast and have heavy shadow by lunch time. Add to this Alex’s voice never deepened properly, one moment he could be a bass-baritone, the next he would squeak like Mighty Mouse. He found it terribly embarrassing. They were both great guys.

Showers were communal, of course, that’s just the way it was. Ed, despite his height, was a nubbin. Asked if he was a grower, he replied, “What you see is what you get.” Alex, OTOH, was enormous, easily 7+ soft and Ed said he topped out at just under 9” and was thick. There was a guy named Parker, one of the few married OC’s, his wife had accompanied him and she was a total babe. Parker used to strut around, he was probably 5+, the first time he saw Alex he said, “Holy shit. Is that for real?” Alex blushed, he was shy, Ed calmly said, “We are the long and the short of it.”

When we went to a bar or club in town, women were drawn to Alex as bees to flowers. Once we went to the Combat Zone in Boston, the woman Alex picked opened her door, and yelled down the hall, “Come here, you gotta see this!” Alex told us two other ladies joined in “at no extra charge, off the clock.” Ed, myself, and two other shipmates waited in the bar next door and probably drank way too much beer while we waited for Alex.

Since I was mentioned, I suppose I could say something. Unfortunately, I don't really have any on the subject. See, I don't normally hold any preconceived notions about penis size; not being able to know with certainty before the reveal is part of what makes the reveal itself so interesting.  And the variation/diversity among men is also fascinating; each cock has unique combinations of various features, so just about every cock is impressive in its own way. So I am often impressed and rarely surprised.

Edited by Triasco9.5

21 hours ago, Triasco9.5 said:

not being able to know with certainty before the reveal is part of what makes the reveal itself so interesting. 

Very true! I love the moment of "reveal". I've been surprised enough times to not really have expectations about size (although I do think there are few clues that CAN indicate size). 

Another "surprise" isn't a man's size, but his skill and stamina - some men have been a real surprise or disappointment in those ways.

@AmyStieb  I've also recently developed an interest in large testicles because I discovered my best friend has huge ones. Now THOSE were a size that surprised me, since I didn't really pay all that much attention. I assumed that my own balls were big and proportional to my penis, but I was incorrect. lol.

And don't forget the best/worst surprise of all: Load size. I'm always a fan of watching huge loads, but some people may not enjoy it as much, especially if they have to be painted with any of it.

47 minutes ago, Triasco9.5 said:

@AmyStieb  I've also recently developed an interest in large testicles because I discovered my best friend has huge ones. Now THOSE were a size that surprised me, since I didn't really pay all that much attention. I assumed that my own balls were big and proportional to my penis, but I was incorrect. lol.

And don't forget the best/worst surprise of all: Load size. I'm always a fan of watching huge loads, but some people may not enjoy it as much, especially if they have to be painted with any of it.

LOL I wouldnt say that is something Ive given a lot of thought to, but it can vary!

I've been surprised many times. I played football in high school and college. In college, I went to a few parties where things got pretty wild. I saw many of my teammates with hard-ons. I had seen them in the showers, but a few really surprised me. Small-average telescoping out to fairly big, and big softies turning out to be just average or even smaller. Of course, they saw mine, but I don't think I surprised anyone! LOL Made for interesting experiences the next day back at the locker room, knowing what exactly some of them were packing hard.

On 6/3/2020 at 11:59 AM, Necro8617 said:

Have you ever seen a guy's penis and been surprised at what you saw? Could be big or small.  Growing up I had a friend who was slim build and kind of short. He was a bit of a nerdy kid. I was sleeping over at his house one night and he crouched down to clean up his drink that he spilled.  He was wearing boxers and the most enormous penis flopped out right in front of my face! I was shocked. Made me think of him differently. 

However, what you said here really struck a cord. I was a total jock in high school. BMOC. Football and wrestling. Strangely, one of my best buds was Travis, the school brain. Totally nerdy, glasses and everything, but well-liked by everyone; he wasn't pushy about his enormous IQ. We first became friends while showing up every Saturday at the local hobby shop to check out the latest model airplanes. (How nerdy can you get?) I liked to play with them; he was up on all the technical specs and historical stuff. 

Anyways, one day I ran into him in the showers after school. Don't know why he was there; he didn't play any sports. Maybe tennis or something. He had a surprisingly nice, toned, swimmers' body. . . and a really long cock hanging between his legs. Definitely an inch or so longer than my hard 4-incher. A total surprise. Of course, he was probably just as surprised to see my dick. A tiny little nub, almost buried in my pubes. This on a well-muscled, 6'3", hairy-chested football player. It was a total cock-reversal from what anyone would expect. I know I couldn't ever completely put it out of my mind afterwards. 

As a follow-up:  He married the girl who tutored me after school. I was kinda slow back then. Typical dumb jock. For a brainy girl, she was quite attractive. Big tits. I took her to a couple concerts (classical) and went to one of her piano recitals. I had a total crush on her, but she didn't give me a look. Apparently she was only turned on by brains. Still keep in touch. My wife and I get together with them a couple times a year. 

• 2 months later...

In early 2000s when I was in college out west in a large metro,  I remember an unexpected encounter: I was in the fitness center complex open showers after a workout and a slim Asian guy looked to be late 20s (possible grad student) came in and showered a few feet away. I didn't think anything of it and continued to wash myself off as normal but when I turned around to rinse back, he was looking at me with a dark hairy HUNG uncut hard-on. I stayed calm but totally found the scene erotic as he occasionally stroked self while washing and soaping his bod off with no hesitation -- he had to be 8 inches and thick... I was about 20 at time and scared we would be caught so I continued as normal and his hard cock stayed hard and pointed straight out. I was also embarassed since I am on the small grower side and was soft and also on display to him. I wished I were bigger and even if I got hard that moment, he would see I was still smaller than his endowment. Thankfully no one else came in or walked by because the pool door was by the shower... For me, He definitely killed stereotype about all having small cocks. Ha ha. Never saw him again but memorable sight of a guy!

I remember being very surprised as well as being very confused the first time I saw an uncircumcised penis. I saw it up close. I had not turned twelve yet. He was fifteen, I think. Not only was his the largest penis I had ever seen up until that time he also had pubic hair. I had never even heard about uncircumcised penises before much less seen one, hence my confusion. I remember thinking that there was a LOT of extra skin on his thing. After him giving me a brief explanation I was instructed to get on with the task at hand, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone with a 5 inch penis, I’ve been surprised in both directions in just how big or small a man’s penis can be relative to mine.  I’ve been with guys that were nearly twice my size in length and thickness, and I’ve also been with a guy whose penis was about the size of my thumb.  The diversity of penis sizes is amazing.

• 4 months later...

At 18 I've compared with my friend who is 15.  We have compared and we were very similar.  Soft I was 5.2" and he was 5.5". Erect I was 6.7" and he was 7". It was the first time I saw a dick with a bigger girth then me.  I was 6.7" girth and he was 7".  Since he is younger, it felt weird.

The only times in my life when I had the opportunity to see other penises was when I was in the boy scouts as a teen, and in the Navy, as well as a few close friends growing up, and although I wouldn't really use the word "surprise", there were a few times that stand out (no pun intended). Two that I really recall both happened in the Navy. The first was when I saw a guy with an uncircumcised penis ... I knew what they were, but it was the first time I had actually seen one. I realize that not a size thing, but it still stands out in my mind, the other incident was a size thing. We had this First Class Petty Officer who was a real asshole, nobody liked him, and he did everything he could berate everyone under him. One time I saw him coming out of the shower, and before he covered up, I could see he was small, really small ... hung like a button. I remember thinking, maybe that's why he's such a jerk, because he feels so inadequate in the dick dept and he takes it out on everyone around him. 

3 hours ago, JasonBeam said:

One time I saw him coming out of the shower, and before he covered up, I could see he was small, really small ... hung like a button. I remember thinking, maybe that's why he's such a jerk, because he feels so inadequate in the dick dept and he takes it out on everyone around him. 

You seem to forget the victimization the small experience especially when young.   A big % of "kids" are notoriously cruel.

Of course, reacting by attacking others is just one of many reactions an individual might have to being "unhung" in a society which disparages, ridicules and even victimizes the small.  

More common, I think, was my reaction, social withdrawal.  I don't endorse being an asshole or withdrawal, but I think staying mentally balanced while "way small" is a real challenge.

Edited by Guest

@wayless - I believe everything in life is affected by how much we care about what other people think and let that affect us. Early in life I realized that a lot of people were A-holes and weren't worth the effort of my considering their opinions. So it is more about character than penis size. A person with a strong character doesn't care what others think or say. So if someone has insecurities about their penis size the problem is really about the strength of their character. If it wasn't about their penis it would be about something else.

4 hours ago, wayless said:

You seem to forget the victimization the small experience especially when young.   A big % of "kids" are notoriously cruel.

Yep. I got really good at hiding my little dick in locker rooms. I used to wear t-shirts that were too big and would hang down below my cock. I could be totally naked from the waist down and no one could see anything. I'd put clothes or a towel on and keep it hidden.

It wasn't until I was in my 30's that I accepted and felt comfortable showing off my small penis. Now I love showing it.

15 hours ago, NuderThanNude said:

@wayless - I believe everything in life is affected by how much we care about what other people think and let that affect us. Early in life I realized that a lot of people were A-holes and weren't worth the effort of my considering their opinions. So it is more about character than penis size. A person with a strong character doesn't care what others think or say. So if someone has insecurities about their penis size the problem is really about the strength of their character. If it wasn't about their penis it would be about something else.

Giving a pass I guess to the those who make achieving character so much more difficult for the small?  Blaming the victim?  Of course, strength of character is the only answer as society will never reform in this matter.  Calling such a large % of people A-holes leaves the small too often alone.

@wayless - I guess I always believed in the saying that I was taught when young. "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me". I believe it is only 'us' who allow the words of others to have any impact. Of course that assumes a person of strong character to begin with. I was small physically in my class in school and had my share of negative words thrown at me. They were always from kids who I had no respect for anyway so why should I listen to or believe them. Fact of life...There will always be people who try to judge you, most often it is those who are unhappy with who they are. Misery loves company. If you allow it to happen you make yourself the victim.

47 minutes ago, wayless said:

I see!  No blame for victimizers, just the victims?

wayless - My objection is with the concept that we can become a "victim" because of someones words.

We cannot control what others do or say but we can control what we do and say.

As long as there is no physical harm there should be no harm. Sound waves (unless over a specific db) cannot harm us.

If someone makes a untrue statement to me and I accept it as true and I later take an action based on that statement that causes me harm, was I a victim? Only if I am someone who isn't willing to accept responsibility for my actions and always put the blame on others. It was (in fact) my responsibility to determine if that person knew what they were talking about before accepting what they said.

If someone tells me that I am less of a man because of the size of my penis my immediate reaction would be - you don't know what you are talking about and aren't worth listening to.

Simple as that!

Edited by NuderThanNude

On 9/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, Allen43 said:

I remember being very surprised as well as being very confused the first time I saw an uncircumcised penis. I saw it up close.... After him giving me a brief explanation I was instructed to get on with the task at hand, lol.

I gotta ask, what was the "task at hand" that would place a 12 year old in proximity to a naked 15 year old?

3 hours ago, CuriousNow said:

I gotta ask, what was the "task at hand" that would place a 12 year old in proximity to a naked 15 year old?

Showering after gymnastics class.  Our gymnastics teams was guys from 12-18.....  Still in touch with one of my mentors from 1968
Grade 8 hadn't started puberty yet, and one guy on the gymnastics team   5'7" maybe, thin but ripped, glasses and nerdy and a "huge" penis by my standards.  Probably one of the largest flaccid all through highschool

Edited by canuck45

I was surprised so many times as a kid that I couldn't possibly remember them all. It started from the time I was 5 years old. I became less and less surprised as I went through 7 years of school showers (6th grade through high school). But there were still many times when I was taken off guard by much younger kids who had bigger dicks than me. I was 23 years old the last time I remember that happening. These days on very rare occasions, I have been surprised when I've seen adults with button dicks similar to mine.