Retracted Most of the Time, Any Ways to Stop It?

smallgrower

Hi all,

So I am getting better about accepting the size of my erect penis and don't feel like I am a total letdown with my size.  Actually have a couple different friends say I was the perfect size or I have nothing to be worried about.  This has helped with my perception of the erect size.

Problem with this is, it only accounts for likely 1% of my day.  The other 99% I am flaccid and 80% of that time my penis is fully retracted in, in some cases just the head poking out but more often it is tightly retracted where the outer shaft skin get so tight, you cannot see any head and it is less than a 1/2 bump, more like a large clit.  If it wasn't having balls, you wouldn't even know I was male.  Many times it is so tightly retracted, I almost cannot get it to pop out when I need to pee.  This retraction happens in any position, standing up, laying down, sitting, etc.  It have a little fat pad in the area but nothing like I commonly see in pictures of "buried penis syndrome".  When it is this tight, when I do get it to pop out, the head is pure white, like no color.  It can be a little painful of how tight everything is.  My doc didn't seem to think there was any issue to worry about.

I have tried small cock rings that just go around the shaft or just under the head.  I have tried ones that go around the full cock and balls.  These work for a short period of time but then everything ends up retracting up tight and they just fall off.  The smallest diameter one I have used is only 7/8" inside diameter.  Because of this problem, I hate how I look and don't feel like a man during these times.  Mentally it messes with my personal view of myself.  It's sad when you are actually smaller than a baby penis when this happens.

Has anyone found any methods to prevent this type of retracting?  I am not really sure if anything can be done and if so, what.  Any thoughts?

On 9/22/2020 at 8:45 AM, toadfish327 said:

That would be like telling your eyes not close when you sneeze. It is a way for the body to protect itself.  I do know where you are coming from; shrinkage can get downright uncomfortable.  I think my creamaster muscle is the strongest one in my body.

Yeah, I think I have a very strong and overactive creamaster muscle as well.  I had read about a process of using Botox that can be injected into it, which helps prevent retracting and does not affect the ability for an erection.  Think it might be relatively new procedure.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, Restoredude said:

There is a medical procedure called suspensory ligament transection that may help.

https://aedit.com/procedure/penis-enlargement-ligament-transection

If that even worked for this specific problem, my understanding is, your erections will no longer stick up but more out and down, which I would not want.  I have not read anything that this would prevent retraction and it seems to be $$$$$$ to have done.

@smallgrower - Mine fully retracts also and only about ½ inch of shaft skin sticks out and I love that it does. The majority of the time I don't need a penis hanging out of my body and getting in the way and I am not interested in putting on a show for anyone. The penis retracts for a good reason when flaccid and that is a good thing. Be thankful you don't have one hanging out all day and it is protected inside your body. As long as it extends when you need it all is good.

Weight loss is your first thing to do.

But honestly, heat, and maybe some traction if its that bad. Everyone knows how I harp on weight loss for these purposes, and ill probably keep doing that until someone's self esteem improves after doing so. I'm such a bully :P

But in all seriousness if you've got some fat to loose down there that will free up usable length and encourage your penis to "loosen"

Edited by RAized

3 minutes ago, RAized said:

Weight loss is your first thing to do.

But honestly, heat, and maybe some traction if its that bad. Everyone knows how I harp on weight loss for these purposes, and ill probably keep doing that until someone's self esteem improves after doing so. I'm such a bully :P

But in all seriousness if you've got some fat to loose down there that will free up usable length and encourage your penis to "loosen"

Like any good adhd I didn't read your subsequent replies, lets see.... id tell a urologist, shop around for docs that will maybe give you a solution, whether surgical or otherwise

On 9/22/2020 at 10:24 AM, smallgrower said:

@mbit Nope, this has been going one since I was 20 and I am now 52.  It has not mattered what I weighed.  Even down at 170 lbs, it was happening.

Yeah, me too!  It was true when I was young and fit without a speck of fat.  Still would fully retract into my body at times with no fat pad.  That was after I more or less completed puberty.

I tried traction and manual manipulation pretty intensively with no results.

It was also true before my puberty started when my flaccid was very thin.

Edited by Guest

On 9/24/2020 at 5:50 AM, NuderThanNude said:

@smallgrower - Mine fully retracts also and only about ½ inch of shaft skin sticks out and I love that it does. The majority of the time I don't need a penis hanging out of my body and getting in the way and I am not interested in putting on a show for anyone. The penis retracts for a good reason when flaccid and that is a good thing. Be thankful you don't have one hanging out all day and it is protected inside your body. As long as it extends when you need it all is good.

Sounds like an excellent attitude to foster if you can and I have considered that over the years.  However, I never could get over the "male status" downside of being "unhung" flaccid.  The normally hung can't help but categorize a dramatically retracted guy.

My natural state quite small and shrunken, sitting at my desk the shaft skin bunches up and rides over my glans a little, despite a tight circumcision. If I'm at nudist clubs or beaches, I hang nicely when lying in the sun, but as soon as I start walking around, everything tightens up. Not quite the buried penis syndrome you mention but it seems to be a normal and perhaps evolutionary trait... hunter gatherers don't want anything flapping about when you're chasing prey!

On 10/1/2020 at 6:51 AM, NuderThanNude said:

Most animals I have seen are also retracted most of the time and don't have a penis flopping around.

Yes!  Running through the briars and brambles would be enhanced and made safer by retraction.

The invention of the loin cloth may have encouraged the penis to evolve larger flaccid as a sexual advertisement to women and male status symbol.

• 1 month later...

I should have mentioned my efforts around 2005 to use various device to get more hand to me flaccid and eliminate retractions.

I did manual stretching pretty religiously (jelquing) which did very little.  I also bought a stretcher type clamping device and wore it 4 several months.  I also tried a weight with an attachment clamp but it seemed too difficult to wear and even dangerous..

There was some improvement, but it was short-lived.  All gains went back to normal.  Definitely not worth the effort.

Sometimes I wonder what the tight retractive tendon is all about.  Genetic? psychological?

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, lloydbaker said:

Sometimes I wonder what the tight retractive tendon is all about.  Genetic? psychological?

Yeah, that's what it seems to me as well.  The tendon seems to tightly retract the penis.  Unless aroused, if you pull on it to get a flaccid stretched length, it is only a couple inches yet when aroused/erect, I am above 5".  No idea why.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:23 AM, smallgrower said:

Yeah, that's what it seems to me as well.  The tendon seems to tightly retract the penis.  Unless aroused, if you pull on it to get a flaccid stretched length, it is only a couple inches yet when aroused/erect, I am above 5".  No idea why.

I've heard some have the tendon cut so they hang better, but then their erection points down.

• 1 year later...

I myself am quite thin with a relatively flat tummy. I am also circumcised. Sometimes, but not with any real regularity my penis will also retract, but not fully. Usually this occurs when I’m in the shower, or simply when I sit down. Only the very tip my small glans will be visible, surrounded and covered by a small amount of foreskin that was not removed during my circumcision. I am also shaved smooth. I view myself in the mirror when like that and think to myself “Wow! Would you just look at that! How is that even possible?” Lol. But even when my thing is not retracted not very much more than my glans is visible. Not when flaccid anyway.