Minor Differences in Measurements

I’m a gay guy, and my boyfriend made me a replica of his dick for Christmas (which I loved, btw).

But it allowed me to have any epiphany about our size difference because I was able to measure his dick for the first time.

I’ve always known that his dick is a lot bigger than mine, but because it looked and felt so much bigger, I had always assumed that he was like 7.5” or something huge.

Except when I got the measuring tape out, he’s only 6.5”. Officially, I’m 5.7”x4.6” and he’s 6.5”x6.0”... both in the range of “average”.

Here was my epiphany: even though those measurements don’t seem like huge differences, the volume of his dick is therefore 305 CCs, versus mine at 157 CCs... his cock is twice the volume of mine even though our dick measurements are both debatably within the “average” range. And this is why his dick looks and feels huge next to mine.

This almost certainly why a lot of people overestimate length because they’re trying to convey large differences in volumes. It’s also a little demoralizing that the spectrum of “average” is in fact quite large, such that “average” guys on the small end of average are quite a bit smaller than “average” guys on the large end of average.

Sorry this has been kind of a rant. I’m very lucky that my bf loves my dick just as it is and we have an amazing sex life (even though I wish it were bigger). Ultimately, over the last few years I’ve managed to reduce my insecurity over my dick size from a preoccupation to a minor annoyance.

American Journal of Urology  5.1 average length.
British Journal of Urology list 5.16 as average length.

American Journal of Urology 4.77 average girth
British Journal of Urology lists 4.59 as average girth.

You and your partner are both above average in both length. (6.5 / 5.7 vs 5.1 )
Partner above and you at average in girth.. (6 / 4.6 vs 4.59)

Edited by canuck45

3 hours ago, canuck45 said:

American Journal of Urology  5.1 average length.
British Journal of Urology list 5.16 as average length.

American Journal of Urology 4.77 average girth
British Journal of Urology lists 4.59 as average girth.

You and your partner are both above average in both length. (6.5 / 5.7 vs 5.1 )
Partner above and you at average in girth.. (6 / 4.6 vs 4.59)

Yeah, I’ve spent the better part of a decade trying to console myself with these average stats, but it’s not been terribly effective because I’ve hooked up with probably 200 guys during that time, and I’m definitely in the bottom quintile for dick size among the guys I’ve hooked up with.

1 hour ago, canuck45 said:

Thought 7.5, measured 6.5
Thought 6", measured 5"???????

I don’t understand your question.

Are you asking if I may have been overestimating the dick sizes of the guys I’ve slept with? I would say that could be possible if I had observed them from a distance, but I got close enough to get a very good sense of their dick sizes relative to mine, and I would estimate that 75% were clearly bigger than me volume-wise, with another 10-15% who were about the same volume, and only about 10% who were noticeably smaller than me.

That's exactly what I meant.  If you overestimated your BF by an inch (obviously many close up encounters), you could overestimate the others also.
A friend figured my cock was only a bit shorter than his, and yes within 2" of his eyes.....maybe 6-6.5" instead of the 5" it is.  Also stroking both of them against each other.
It is so easy  to mis-estimate. 

You are very correct @sailinguser21 in what you say about volume.  And length has very little to do with it.  When it comes to volume, girth is king.  My penis has always been very thin.  I remember playing with my cousin as kids.  We were similar in length, but while I was much thinner than my age mates, he was probably much thicker.  And the difference between ours was incredible.  It just felt so big and hefty in my hand.  There just wasn't any comparison.  

On 1/4/2021 at 4:46 AM, sailinguser21 said:

made me a replica of his dick for Christmas

Going back 15 years now we purchased a "Mould your Man" kit & made a Silicone replica of my cock.

Came with an appropriate mould cup & all the other stuff.
The Dental Alginate used for the mould was found to be cheaply obtainable on eBay,
so over the following years many Plaster of Paris replica's have been made.

Kind of interesting to have 15 years of history of my cock in both it's hard & soft state.

Other bonus is they are great things to hide in random places.

MrsG's Lunchbox & handbag, & the occasionally a hanging pot plant that get's daily attention.....