Video Chat - Latest status information

Diki

Question

Video Chat is down until we can find and install a satisfactory replacement that does not rely on Flash Video.  @JTT is working on that.

We had expected that Flash Video would remain available, simply with no support, for a considerable time.  But it turns out that Adobe has taken active steps to block the continued use of Flash Video.

Alan G -- Measurection Administrator

PS:  Other Adobe products are not affected by the End of Life event for their Flash Video product.  Adobe has NOT gone away.

20 hours ago, RodEnuf said:

Video Chat is down until we can find and install a satisfactory replacement that does not rely on Flash Video.  @JTT is working on that.

We had expected that Flash Video would remain available, simply with no support, for a considerable time.  But it turns out that Adobe has taken active steps to block the continued use of Flash Video.

I do hope something is found sure miss it.

thanks,
Fred

Hi. Hang in there. I know its a fun room but me being here almost 11 years.. When i first arrived there was no video but after a couple years it arrived. if i know this site they are not going to just let it die but working on something that will be even better.Like the old old saying goes. Some times the best things in life are worth the wait.Hope to see every one in there soon.

1 hour ago, JasonBeam said:

I really have to ask, it seems that some other sites still have their video capabilities, are they using flash or another platform?

Definitely not Flash, which has vanished into the Great Ethers. I'll hazard a guess they are using HTML-5.

I've been able to get into chat since I did not uninstall flash. I've seen two other users have been there recently Ted and blueeyes. A lot of browsers have also blocked the plugin but there are some still allow it's activation and use.

I read in one article (so much on the subject) that the last update of Flash had it built in to turn off playing content on 1/12/2021. I'm thinking if you didn't install that update the content would still work. Ted great tip on Linux! Probably will wait for the new one at this point. See you all back there soon!